Why should Mori's even affect the game?

AsePlayer
AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

This thread is not about keys vs Mori's, this is about Mori's (Keys are their own separate issue). You bring up keys and I will flip my flop yo.

I don't understand why an offering should have a direct effect on the match in the first place (unless it's on the final hook).

Just make it a cool alternative death for someone on death hook and give the Killer extra points. Yes, it's a big nerf, but it shouldn't of had this kind of impact on a match in the first place. (This also still allows you to bypass DS on death hook so it's still useful in some ways).

BNP was nerfed for deleting Survivor's objectives, yet the Ebony Mori continues to do that for the Killer.

Is there something I'm missing or?

Comments

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

I think it would be interesting but what animation do you have in mind

• AsePlayer

I just mean that Mori should just be an alternative way to kill a Survivor on death hook instead of after first hook. There's no reason it should really affect game play.

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

what if a Mori opened a special hook for each map and going with it working for death hook. Say the sacrificial table in plagues map. If they are on death hook with a Mori Tharp are chained to the table as a large entity claw comes down and impales them

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I feel like Moris should still be a thing regardless. It does make playing as Survivor much more harder because your life is a lot more fragile than before. And I want that kind of challenge and intensity in a game whenever I play Survivor (though not the kind of intensity where my teammates DC on command). Though maybe I'm just an exception, not the norm.

I do understand where you're coming from though, it can feel unfair that a killer can just kick you out of the game just because you've been hooked once. Though I don't know what kind of nerfs would be good for moris. Someone in another thread mentioned that every survivor needs to be hooked once before anyone can be moried. And I feel like that's a great idea, because it means as long as one person hasn't been hooked yet, no one is at risk of being moried.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

The devs already said they have no plans to change Mori’s

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Old BNP was completely broken. You got an ez gen with 0 effort. They were hard nerfed for a reason.

Downing (and after the needed nerf hooking) someone, especially with weak M1 Killers, requires at least interaction from both sides.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, if all survivors use the "increase fog" offering or the oak-offering, or even the coin-offering, do you think that has an effect on the game? I actually i do think so. Yes, they are not nearly as powerful as a mori by themself, but they do affect gameplay. As do map offerings, in a very strong way.

Also, the mori doesnt delete the killer objektive. One does nothing until 3 survivors are already gone, one basicly deletes 2 out of 12 hookstates (and one chase).

The ebony does much more, i agree. But actually, if a mori is used to kill one survivor early, in my opinion it doesnt matter if its an ivory or an ebony, because if the skill level is somewhat equal, the game became a 3v1 far to early and is basicly over. Dosnt matter then if the survivors are hooked or killed, because they will lose anyway.

Now, i think a sabotage squad with 4 times the rare oak offering might make the killers live also misserable.

so either you want all except xp offerings gone, or you do accept they have an influence on the game. Some more, some less.

For me, it is actually important how often that happens. And i dont have too many games where a mori is involved (and actually does something). I had games where all 4 escaped and you see in the end screen the killer had an ebony mori. happens.

I would suggest to stop worring about moris and worry more about matchmaking. Because i firmly believe, thats the root of all evil. A lot of killers use moris, camping and tunneling to keep up because they often find themself in games they shouldnt belong in, against opponents why above their skill level. At least thats my experience.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I actually agree with this 100%. Despite how many rules they break, moris are an essential part of dbd and making them follow the rules of other offerings would ruin their personality. It's nice for killers to have an easy mode where they and the survivors both understand that it is now a very dangerous game which makes the game less stressful for killer and victory more satisfying as survivor. I like to think of it as the killer activating an alternate game mode.

• Waffleyumboy

Matchmaking being fixed won't stop all killers from abusing moris to tunnel survivors out of the game instantly.

• AsePlayer

If the killer is gonna have his objective cut down, do the same for Survivor. Make them have to do less gens lmao

• Waffleyumboy

I couldn't decipher this comment. Are you being facetious?

• majorkaos
    majorkaos Member Posts: 29

I played 6 maps last night. Four of them ended with moris, two of those after 1st hook. It was not fun and I don't know why a killer would want to play such a quick game. As it was, one of those matches was over in 3 1/2 minutes. Nobody pips, so what is the point?

• sulaiman

No, not all. But i would bet some would, because a lot of killers use those as a way to keep up. I know i do, when i play killer.

And a lot of killer mains dont use them, because they have enough experience in their role to not need them.

Sure, sometimes someone chooses easy mode, but i belive it would go down.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Yeah, you're missing the fact that the only reason all this ######### is popping up again is due to gen speed/games going by too fast. If a game ends in the time it takes to finish 3 chases, its too god damn fast...

So what have killers been doing in response? Carrying more Mori's. Carrying more NoED <----######### I've even been throwing it into a few builds and I haven't ran NoED in...like....over a year? And I'm a pig main, I shouldn't have to prep for short games at all.... But every time I go into a match with my kit its loaded up with slow down perks.

• Waffleyumboy

I think there are ways to give killers an easy mode without making killers immediately remove survivors from the game.

• sulaiman

Well, i will wait for the map reworks and the other changes, and see how it works out for both sides.

After that we will see what - if any - further changes are needed.

• AsePlayer

I didn't miss that. An offering shouldn't be a balance breaker in the game. Similar to ruin, they need to get rid of Mori's stomping ability to address game time more fairly.

• AsePlayer

When I play Killer, using an ebony feels like it takes less skill than old BNP. At least I had to hit skillchecks then instead of immediately tunneling off of first hook.

• AsePlayer