The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivor camping/strategy help?

The thing is, 90% of the time when i play as survivor i spend about 3-4 mins hiding from the killer while they are an obstacle away just because 1 gen is left and the killer is camping, or im waiting for my downed teammate to get hooked so i can unhook quickly, or just escaping a chase and still hearing the heartbeat. Do i have the fault in this situations? I have seen windows of opportunity where maybe i could have sneaked away from that area, but unless i find something to do i will find myself back there as fast as i got out. Basically im just to scared to risk getting seen so i stay there. Is this just a question of experience and luck, or can i learn to evade these situations? I mostly get matched up against huntress, trapper, ghost face, and pig. Other killers are very rare. Maybe myers is a bit more common. And i know that with ghost face and myers they can use me to get stalk. Il put an example. Im in an area with many obsatcles (rocks, barrels, trees ect.) and there was a gen that was looking right at rotten field, while the other sides where blocked off by blocks of hay. I was constantly hearing the nurse blink around, or just the heartbeat getting very instense. It was the last gen and i had two teammates left who where constantly trying to escape, but roaming around the map "aimlessly", by that i mean they where going in the gens area to. Both where injured, i didnt get hit once. At that point i was hiding and watching out for hooked teammate auras, and thinking when i can go out and work on the gen. But since the terror radius was constantly going off i just sat there till my last teammate got hooked (for the second time), so i "tried" to save, and got hooked, there the game ended.

I know thats mostly my fault, but is there something i can do, or just risk and go for the gen? And yes im aware i could have worked together with the other survivor (when they were both alive) and lets say me taking a hit while the injured unhooks. But this is farely low rank (15) and solo queue. Should i try to get people to play with? Sadly and happily i do recognize my mistakes i make, but i immediatly panic and ignore the thing i did and improvize.

Thank you for reading, and sorry for the messy description, i just dont know how to put all this.

Comments

• gamemaster1
    gamemaster1 Member Posts: 64

So try playing Claudette with self healing, empathy, botany knowledge, and spine chill. This is a really good strategy on my end. Also, another thing to do is if a killer is still near a hooked person, don't unhook them when they are close because they will just get knocked again. Also if someone else is getting a hooked person, then fix a generator while doing so, and always look at spine chill to see if a killer is near. And if someone is being chased, continue to fix a generator.