What do you think of the newest killer?

Just tell me what you think of the newest killer, and if their is a newer one, talk about that one.

Comments

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

He got very boring when the novelty of him being new wore off. Now he's just annoying.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

He is fun to play, but he is terrible at map pressure.

I haven't had enough experience going against him to make any statements about that.

• maximizer12
    maximizer12 Member Posts: 75

Before his ads adjustment on ps4 I was destroying swf's left and right up to rank 1. Now you cant do anything with the choppy framerate and hit detection with his projectile. He's certainly mid tier but with the lack of map pressure he lands as just another pig and demo

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Fun to play and an absolute chore and snoozefest to play against. Can't really say much else about him other than he's a good killer. Maybe mid-high tier at best.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Fun to play as but frustrating to face due to the fact you’re basically just guessing when he’s gonna shoot.

He’s in the top half of the killer roster for sure.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Boring.

Everytime I see one I already assume he has the Save the Best for Last, Monitor and Abuse combination and it makes the match that much more tedius.

It's a damn bore.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I don’t think I’ve ever faced a Deathslinger that DIDN’T run M&A.

I know he’s a 110% MS killer but I believe he needs a 32 meter terror radius.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Weak and boring in my opinion.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

well done, original and well balanced in terms of strengths and weaknesses.

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

Eh, hes decent fun to play, not a really strong killer overall, he's just good in chases

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

Fun to play, but just a weaker huntress. He can land some cool shots but most of them will only result in an injury. Long range spears are typically punished by them breaking out, unless you have purple or green add-ons.

For the same purple or green add-ons, you can get 90 second exhaust huntress or 7 hatchet huntress. Or 90 second exhaust 7 hatchet huntress. Hatchet hitboxes are also the size of a truck, and they actually down people at range even if there is are some tires nearby.

• Voerman
    Voerman Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2020

He's fun to play, his chase music absolutely SLAPS but the main problem with him is that everything takes so long. Between his 110% movement speed and the fact that the reeling takes so long, then you need to reload to be able to shoot again, then shoot and reel in again. Assuming in this hypothetical situation that there's nothing blocking the path between Deathslinger and the Survivor, that's what, almost 20+ seconds of just mechanics to hunt down one Survivor? If you've only found one Survivor and the other guys are on gens, that's one fourth of three gens done and you haven't even hooked the person, and that's only accounting for actually finding the Survivor early on.

While it's fun to play as a rootin' tootin' reel n' shootin' Cowboy with aesthetics to match and music that SLAPS, he's not particularly strong. He's got very little gen pressure, and while his terror radius is smaller, even more so with M&A to the point where you can see Nurse's Calling outside of terror radius, that's kind of a gimmicky application of him since you still need to move in 10 more meters before your gun can actually hit them.

He suffers so much from his 110% movement speed to the point where I'd rather he had the usual 115% and regular terror radius just so he can actually have more pressure on a map because his range is still relatively short considering he has a gun.

Simply put, while he's supposed to fill in kind of the same niche as Huntress being a ranged killer, it doesn't really work in practice because Huntress' range is effectively infinite across the map as long as there's no obstructions and you know how to properly utilize the hatchets and while her reload is tied to areas, it won't stop her from technically "catching up to the Survivors" since you don't actually NEED to be close to them to still hit them. The Cadaverous Canine Caleb ain't got none o' 'em luxuries, no siree.

Although I'd say it's still a little bit early to properly tell all the techs you can do with him. His power, as cool as it is, is pretty weak. Annoying for sure, especially against a patient Killer, but weak in the grand scheme of things.

Now I need to go watch Tombstone again.