Bring back old balanced landing

Options

Now the devs have fixed the overpowered loops in the upcoming update I think they should make balanced landing how it used to be. The perk is a lot less fun now and is rarely used and perks like sprint burst would still be as good or better than it if they changed it back

Comments

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

And remove the silence from falling? Narp, keep it the way it is. Every window with a drop was giving a huge advantage with infinite stagger reduction. Haddonfield was horrible and even the chapel could get near infinite because the killer needs to orientate first, in which direction the survivor is running, and that breaks chases, allowing to run that window again and again, without being blocked or giving bloodlust

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

And just noticed another new thread created by a "posts:1" account. Like the 5th this week. And everybody talking like they played the game for years. So where are these "new" accounts popping out from?

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712
    Options

They fixed god loops they didn't change anything that made of balanced op like haddonfield houses

Plus if they brought old balanced back they would have to take time to design maps around balanced, which would make maps less dynamic and interesting

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Old BL should never come back, it made balancing drop spots incredibly difficult and a lot of drop spots were overpowered because of it.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

I dunno why surv should have a exhaustion perk that gives benefit even on cooldown also as they said above promotes god looping so nahh

• Browntoxic
    Browntoxic Member Posts: 2
    Options

I agree very much🙄

• Mikey4Hire
    Mikey4Hire Member Posts: 271
    Options

I used to hate the new bl, but it's grown on me ngl, I've escaped a lot of chases because of silent falling. I just wish they'll add more ledges to jump off of in the old maps.

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408
    Options

They didnt do any changes to Haddonfield as far as Im aware. Or did they?

• Paiblin
    Paiblin Member Posts: 42
    Options

You can play the game for a long time without being on the forum. it's not like the first thing you do when you get the game is join the forum. I've been with dbd since it started and I just started on the forum like a week ago

• Paiblin
    Paiblin Member Posts: 42
    Options

Hmm, I never used balanced landing before the nerf ( or after tbh, nea has remained untouched for a loooong time) so I can't comment on this, but I wouldn't disagree if they were to bring it back. It looked more fun back then, and stagger can be a huge problem sometimes so

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    Options

Didn't old balanced landing make Ormond and Lampkin lane a nightmare? Keep the current one plz

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

Old BL was the only exhaustion perk (maybe only perk in general) to have 3 very useful abilities, only 1 of which was exhausted upon use. Not only did it make it a must pick, but on some maps it was a nightmare for killers. Yes it was more fun before but all stupidly strong perks are. MoM was a blast! Doesn't mean it was balanced.

All the devs did was align BL with every other exhaustion perk. When you use it, everything is on cd. That doesn't mean its a bad perk now. I still think it is one of the best exhaustion perks in the game.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Old BL made a certain area of haddonfield completely busted and if brought back thompson house would be the same now, so they're not going to do that.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

God no don't. It was so busted back then literally zero falling stun made certain building dreadful and overpowered. Never bring it back unless windows on every tall structure are deleted.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Balance Landing was in a good spot. The problem of haddonfield is that it's one of the worst and awful maps ever designed. Balanced Landing was never "OP" , in almost every map was/ is useless.