Change for Spine Chill

Options

I feel Spine Chill takes away from stealth killers immensely. IMO spine chill shouldn’t activate when the killer is undetectable and/or the survivor is oblivious. It feels like that should be a no brainer, but what do you guys think?

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

Pros: Forces survivors to look around.

Cons: Weakens one of the main uses of the perk with Ghostface and Myers being common killers.

I'd be mostly fine with this, the only problem I do have is insidious camping becomes much stronger in solos. Other than that it's fine.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Honestly - I feel like stealth killers shouldn't be any more brainless than they already are. A good stealth killer realizes when someone is running Spine Chill and adapts by approaching generators sideways basically hard-countering Spine Chill users.

Even I -a pure Bubba main since 2017- managed to adapt that one single time I played Ghostface. I noticed there was one single survivor that kept vanishing with no scratch marks everytime I approached their gen so I left and came back a few seconds later going sideways and caught them. That's easy enough in my book.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Options

I got the impression that Spine Chill was intended to counter undetectable? But idk, if that's not what the devs intend, then yeah, what you suggested make sense.

• MeeSush
    MeeSush Member Posts: 37
    Options

well spine chill isn't that much of OP and you are taking about nerfing it? the only good use of spine chill is to counter stealth killer else why would you need it (if you are rank 20 sur then thats different case).

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

We need to worry about getting DS, Adrenaline, and NOED changed before we worrying about spine chill

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

Yep, same do I with Piggy or my Stealth Mikey Boi. Works almost every time.

The only thing I would like them to change, is that when using Scratched Mirror on Myers you are immune against all detection perks, like it was before. It just doesn't meke sense if they get a warning that you are coming, when you do a Jumpscare build.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Nnnnnnope.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options
  • xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Spine Chill is fine and easily countered once you learn how. This change would be a huge nerf and would defeat the purpose of running it for a lot of people.