The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New patch, but i still have to go against full red survivor teams as green killer....why?

This new patch didn't make anything with matchmaking isn't it?

Comments

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

You're being too good at the game. Try sucking more if you want bad players.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Matchmaking is still not fixed yet and the devs have said they are working on it on a future patch, just not this one.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Any idea when it'll be ready Almo? Or is it a soonTM? :p

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited April 2020
  • DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I'm just going to put my cards down to "When it is ready", because I doubt matchmaking and hidden MMR systems are easy to create especially for a casual yet pseudo-competitive game like DBD.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

This is a problem that keeps on not getting solved. I used to play killer more, but now going against players that are in ranks so much higher, makes things much more annoying. I'm also a green rank killer and the matches I have are almost always against full red rank teams, who of course are much better, give me a hard time and it usually goes bad for me, so I kept not ranking up (not that I want to, but that's a fact). The other day, mean, as a survivor on red ranks went against a killer that was rank 18! I could not believe it. Of course the killer did not kill anyone and I felt bad after the match. Not that I did anything to annoy the killer, but it's just unfair and unfun, especially if the person is not that good as a killer to start with.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

Unfortunately I can't comment on how long beyond saying that it is in active development. It's not on a back burner somewhere! :)

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Same thing here. I get all Red Ranks when I'm Rank 11 killer, though some Red ranks might as well be yellow ranked the way they play. And as you say, low level/new killers being matched to red rank when your survivor is so disheartening. I never go out of my way to taunt or anything, but when I see their rank on the results, I always message them and say they did a good job and to keep at it. I'd rather they get some encouragement than go away thinking they're bad or just don't want to play anymore. But, some survivors do use this as an advantage to bully those same players, and I don't agree with it personally. We were all there one time or another, and they all deserve a chance to at least learn or practice without being tortured all match

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I agree. Some survivors are the definition of toxic. Everyone that plays knows the matchmaking is not putting people of the same rank together and when they see killers doing badly, which might be a sign that they are low rank, some survivors just double down on the toxicity, making the killer even more upset and I believe the more upset they are, the worse they play too. And of course, they might as well just quit the match and playing killer too, just because people can't play normally and forget that on the other end there is a human being. And then the survivors complain that the wait time is too long. Of course, if you make killers quit, there are few of them, so the wait times have to be longer. It's a cycle.

• Exiled1990
    Exiled1990 Member Posts: 18

We are in global lockdown due to a virus pandemic, as such more people are off work, and therefore more people are available to SWF. The resulting effects are that a higher proportion of survivors are reaching red ranks (helped by teamplay and/or time spent on game), and killers are more likely to stay static in rank.

The matchmaking system whilst normally having issues, looks worse right now because of circumstances outside their control. Quite often you will face red ranks that would normally have only reached green or purple by this point in the rank reset cycle.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
  • DeadByFreddy
    DeadByFreddy Member Posts: 39

This. I've been playing nearly a week. I've managed to get to rank 11 and now sitting in 12. When I was on rank 18 in my first 48 hours many high rank survivors would tell me to quit playing killer, tell me how bad I am and just generally harass me post game with really personal insults. Matchmaking needs to be more fair to give new people a chance to learn before being exposed to toxic players and told to K Y $ and told we are dog $hit. They actually don't care that we are just people playing a game. It took a few days to learn how to get points, not camping, letting people off the hook. Its still really hard to against high levels, can get a hook in the first two minutes and sometimes they already done 2-3 gens. Then they complain if youtunnel their best player?? I don't get it

I turned the chat off now. Nobody likes a killer and the survivors are the most toxic community I've ever seen.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

I highly doubt you are, this kind of thing doesn't get "worked on" for several years while simultaneously remaining trashy even when "fixed"

• DeadByFreddy
    DeadByFreddy Member Posts: 39

I even had one person use a macro (I think) on the flashlight and I spent literally the entire game blinded. then they gloated post game. I blind you. What kind of a game is it if you cannot see for ten minutes? Seems a bit onesided.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited April 2020

I am sorry you had an awful experience, there are a lot of toxic people out there. In my case even if I loss, I'll write gg wp if the killer/survivor I go against are good. Some people like to harass and it's bannable, just report a ticket with the post chat pic.

When you're playing a lot, you know who is a new killer and who is experienced, even if it's bad. I don't believe in bully a killer nor a survivor and I don't like it either. I know that starting as a killer is a challenge itself as well.