The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The last update was just a continuation of the continual decline of any skill related to killer.

13»

Comments

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

O let me tell you I said they should add it to small game and boy they acted like if it's not free it's not good enouph

• MetroSlayer_DC
    MetroSlayer_DC Member Posts: 16

My man just came on here floped his d*ck on this forum told the TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH. And everyone is crying saying "Swf" blah blah this survivors op that. Listen "swf" is NOT A PUBLIC so anything you do flawless in that may or may not transfer into a public you don't account for human mistakes, miss understanding the situation, map changes.

Yes playing as a survivor WAY HARDER and as a HIGHER learning curve now than ever, mainly cause killer is to hard to go against now. So don't be upset and a survivor taking you around the whole map, hopping windows, dropping palets cause that what we have to do as a survivor is the only thing to do and y'all are slowly taking THAT away from us just cause your ass.

Ps. This man is right, this DBD community forums is bad, just people telling me killer is fine and to play as one if not I'm bad. No I'm a survivor main I SEE what's wrong with this game killers don't any more.

• Shaun
    Shaun Member Posts: 28

As a red rank survivor and killer, I think this update was necessary. When you play survive with friends, you know automatically what half the team or more is doing, so generator speed reduction is to accompany survive with friends. The map changes are for the better; if there is a section of the map that you feel safe in, it SHOULD be changed. There are many additions to survivor, however; Thompson House has a drop-off point, smaller maps means a better chance of being chased (which helps the evaded emblem). Also, unless specified, most maps don't have a reduction in pallets. This allows for areas that aren't safe, but allows for survivors to get away, the way it should be.

• RyanKeily
    RyanKeily Member Posts: 8

Anytime someone says the ruin rework was a "nerf" I know they have no idea what they're talking about.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Precisely. Why on earth would you balance a game based on its lowest skilled players instead of its highest? The kill stats are absolutely meaningless. I see game after game of Survivors literally throwing away 3 escape after 3 escape and turning it into a 4k. Basement save parties vs leatherface, etc, etc. If Survivors weren't so bored that they had to go looking for the killer and attempt 0% saves just to see some action, the kill vs escape stats would look far different.

Of course you want noobs to have a fun time, but you balance the game around people of decently high skill playing a match with the goal of "winning" it. Not potatoes playing like suicidal lemmings and people trying to maximize BP generation and punching eject at first hook.

• designator
    designator Member Posts: 124

Yep. With bloodlust, deadzones, and entity blocker, killer gameplay has become hold W long enough and you'll win every chase. Add a broken power like Spirit's or Freddy's and there's very little survivors can do. Everyone loves talking about Ironworks infinite but when are we going to discuss Hawkins and Saloon where the killer can literally lunge around every pallet and get a hit because of lag/lack of safety?

• designator
    designator Member Posts: 124

Survivor is at its worst state in a long time. Survivors are literally punished for doing well in a chase now with bloodlust and entity blocker. Why am I going to invest my skills in survivor gameplay when the game literally punishes me for doing well? Then we have killers like Spirit, Freddy, and Deathslinger who basically ignore survivor skill and force the other 3 people to rush gens and hope you can waste enough time in between going down and getting carried to hook. If you want to do marginally well now you need a 4 man squad unless the killer is a potato. Guess what not everyone wants to track down a Navy Seal team for a casual game. The stats showed that a majority of players were solo but let's nerf all survivors. Sure there are 5000 hour nurses and huntresses that you can't do anything against but let's nerf the 1% of teams that collectively have more than 2000 hours.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

True those could be good. Camping killer aura could be iffy depending on how long you need to be around the hook. If you're in a chase around the hook that could give a lot of info even if you aren't camping

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

What info would it give to swf which they already have? I can't think of one tbh

• FixDBDPls
    FixDBDPls Member Posts: 87

You are delusional boi, there is no actual skill in playing survivor right now (except chasing ofc), gens going brrrr in less than 7 minutes at the moment and you say that playing killer doesnt take skill? Do you get only baby survivors or do you camp and tunnel and use mori's to say that? Try to go to rank 1 killer and see for yourself kid

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

If it gives a sort of kindred aura of the killer you can't mind game effectively. It's why people like I'm All Ears on killer. You can tell where the survivor is going and cut them off. It would really depend on how long and how close to the hook you need to be for it to activate. Kindred is already in the game though and I use it.

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 254

You’re playing killer wrong. Or should survivor stand in a corner to make it easier on you

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356
    edited May 2020

Damn these accusation towards the devs of some people on these forums are getting so ridiculous. As if the devs had some plot to completely destoy the playerbase of one of the game's side.

People need to stop, just because a game gets changes you don't like doesn't mean the devs only care for one side of the game. And I highly, highly doubt the mods are specificly only going against people that are in favor of survivors. These forums have both killer mains and survivors mains that don't know how to behave. Granted, the forums do have more killer mains, probably because killer was more frustrating to play as for a long time and people that visit the forums tend to be people that have complaints with the game.

I do agree that this game isn't survivor sided anymore, especially not after this update. However, if one only considers the intended changes of the last update, I think the update is great, making the more unbalanced maps more balanced. Deadzones are a huge problem though. I haven't played the new update myself yet though so I can't say how much deadzones are a problem to me personally.

I just don't see how killer has become too easy though, when ignoring the deadzones of course. Killer is not easy if you go against a good team. The reason why survivors have received many more nerfs since launch was because survivors were so much better than killers in the early years of the game.

In general though, I think the game is in a very good spot balance wise, at least once the problem with deadzones is fixed. I feel like Matchmaking is the biggest issue the game has at the moment.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Oh okay now I see where you coming from. Hmm let's think about a solution for this... How about that: so let's the killer aura is shown when the killer stays X seconds in a Y radius around the hook to all survivors. BUT those survivors who are also within Y radius to the hook won't get the killer aura shown. Sounds good to you? I think it's fixing this issue very smooth.