The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The last update was just a continuation of the continual decline of any skill related to killer.

I've been playing this game since 2016 and have seen balance on both sides. A year or two ago, I would get to red rank with both killer and survivor. The last 18 months have been nothing but continual survivor nerfs and the continual decline of any type of skill needed by killer to 4k during matches.

This recent patch where tons of dead zones are now on maps, and you really can't do anything as survivor, should not surprise anyone that has followed the updates or have come on these forums. For months anyone with an opinion that this game is not survivor sided has been bashed or banned from posting on here. I see 10x more posts and people getting attacked if they say anything about survivor no longer being fun or issues with the current balance. The mods have really turned this forum into a cesspool of people who have created an alternate reality of the balance of the game. The mods also seem to turn a blind eye to anyone attacking someone who argues for survivor balance. This has obviously created more of an echo chamber.

4-5 months ago escape ratios were released. Which showed overwhelmingly that this game was killer sided. To my disbelief, people still argued that even though all killers at red ranks have over a 50 percent kill ratio, some over 70 percent, that this game was still survivor sided.

Through your "balance" you have made this game just awful to play on survivor side. You have taken out the mind games. You've destroyed any type of critical thinking in the chase for killer. You've released a killer who completely destroys any resemblance of balance in a chase by giving that killer a long range gun. This game is overwhelmingly killer sided. To state otherwise is to deny reality.

I keep hearing about how killer got a few balance patches to nurse and ruin. Please. Look at the list that shows survivor nerfs compared to killer nerfs, you'll see that the list is 10x lengthier. Nobody should be surprised that this has become run in straight line simulator. We are living the meme. Expect even more nerfs to survivor in the future. They won't be done until every 10k hour lunchbox is able to 4k with ease.

Comments

• Ascended4Head
    Ascended4Head Member Posts: 62

Just make sure to leave out the quote where I state they released escape ratios 4-5 months ago that showed all killers had above a 50 percent kill rate at red ranks. 3-4 killers had around a 74 percent kill rate at red ranks. https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1658943116244837815/

How would you interpret that data? If you are going by kill rates, you have to come to conclusion that this game, regarding escape/kill rates, is killer favored. If you don't come to that conclusion, you can't interpret data.

• Ascended4Head

This is going to be super simple.

Forums Intellectuals "The game is hugely survivor sided. All killers do is get bullied and gen rushed".

Statistics at red ranks show that your team is most likely to lose at least 2-3 survivors a game. I don't know how you can come to the conclusion based on this that it is survivor sided.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Statistics from 4-5 months, taking about a week or two's worth of data.

That's a very small data selection that doesn't take into account a number of, rather significant, factors. For example, what defines a Red Rank game in the selection you're describing? One Red Rank Survivor? 4 Red Rank Survivors? A Red Rank Killer? All five Red Rank players?

Also what is 'most likely'? A 70% chance? An 90% chance? How did you come to the conclusion that 2-3 Survivors will 'most likely' die from the statistics in question?

I'm not the one making a claim. You are. Explain how the statistics support your position or don't use them to try and support it.

And what about the rest of your post? The claims that the mods ban people claiming the game isn't Survivor sided and allow Killer mains to harass Survivor mains? The claims that the devs are going to continue to nerf Survivors? Do you have any proof to support your statement that Deathslinger 'destroys' any semblance of balance in chases? Or that the current update destroys mindgames and critical thinking for Killers?

• Ascended4Head

No. Never had to deal with data before. I just have my Masters in SLP. How about you?

This was an overall snapshot of the kill ratio in red ranks for killers. Many killers in red ranks have over a 70 percent kill ratio. It doesn't matter if 2 survivors rush hook at endgame and the killer has NOED. It still is representative of the kill ratio at red ranks.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

I agree 100%. Really all the game needs is a few tweaks to the second chance perks for both sides and likely some more map tweaks to be truly balanced. Dead zones are nasty on a couple maps now.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Weren’t the last stats that were released before the ruin nerf?

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Those stats were released while old Ruin was still in the game. A lot of people won’t admit it but old Ruin was changed for a reason, it was way too strong of an effect. We don’t have more up to date stats than those but I would be incredibly surprised if kill rates didn’t fall following the Ruin change.

• Trollthem
    Trollthem Member Posts: 186

If it does for you , you must be a casual player then.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

The problem is and stays swf.

in my opinion, you cant balance the game both around swf and solos.

but you got an swf in about 50% of the games, if i remember rightly (we saw statistics about that as well. Solo on pc is just over 50%).

But how will you balance? Thats the point of the 2k 2e rule, i think. A decent killer will most likly lose vs the swf he gets every second game, but win against the solos the other times. If you balance the game in a way that solo players without any sort of team play still win, how should a killer then stand a chance against swf?

If the killer is strong enough to take on a swf with coms, solo players have a really hard time to survive.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

The thing is theyre not making it easier for any side but are balancing it.

Alot of casual killers relied on ruin, now thats gone theyre struggling and wont be the same rank as they use to be before the ruin change.

Alot of survivors would abuse God-loops which take no skill, thats not making it easier for killer thats making it fair. there are plenty of strong loops if you learn to run them correctly.

TOO MANY KILLERS AND SURVIVORS ARE THE WRONG RANK. ranking is too easy and in the past there have been things that made it easier but theyre slowing getting removed. killers cant just reply on perks, survivors cant rely on god loops or 20 pallets. Dont take it the wrong way but youre probably at the rank you deserve if youre struggling so much, plenty of people can rank up fine.

just add a de-buff to swf, i admit swf is strong but i mainly play solo however every so often id play with my brother and games become much easier, a simple de-buff to groups (playing with 1friend=1.5% 2friends=3% 3friends=5%) to repair and healing, SWF is strong due to the information they can relay to each other (killers position, whos he chasing, hex locations, gens that are close, which pallets are used, perks he running, whos going for the save etc.) which for a solo survivor is alot of perks to gain that info unlike swf that dont need the perks, the debuff would simply mean you have to work better as a team, you have the advantages of information so prove your skill, debuff gets higher and jumps to 5% due to it being a full team.

• HypnoEmpire
    HypnoEmpire Member Posts: 29

Yeah, I saw those stats as well. Apparently, those stats only applied to red rank killers (it didn't matter if they got matched up against rainbow rank survivors) and games where survivors dc or let themselves die on first hook still applied to the stats (this matters because a 1v3 is way easier than a 1v4). I would take them with a grain of salt.

They stopped posting stats for a variety of reasons, but one of the reasons was because people were asking them to nerf killers with their entire argument revolving around the stats. Just like you're doing right now.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

/yawn

Another one.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Since nobody wants to answer your questions, i try my best to do so:

Okay. Since you're so knowledgeable about the stats why don't you tell me what a 70% kill ratio means exactly.

Does Freddy two and a half Survivors most games? Does he 4k 70% of the time? Does he get at least a 2k 70% of the time? Does he 0k 30% of the time?

70% killrate means he gets 2,8 kills on average. Dont play dumb.

Would you care to explain how exactly mind games and critical thinking have been 'destroyed'? You keep making claims and I keep seeing very few explanations or evidence of why these claims are accurate.

I think what he means are the deadzones. The battle between the killer and the survivor is pointless in deadzones, a survivor need some defenses. A good killer knows how to outplay a survivor at jungly gyms or at pallets for example, but not even the best survivor can do anything against a killer in a deadzone.. for obvious reasons.

Again, I'm not asking for 50 games of Deathslinger or anything. Just a description of how he destroys balance will suffice. This is just a flat statement with nary a supporting argument.

Deathslinger is worth a whole topic to be talked about but to cut this short: Quickscope is removing counter play and reaction to survivor. No saying he is per se broken, but in chases, he is.

Same as above.

Why is this game overwhelmingly Killer sided?

Because you say, without explaining how, one Killer destroys chase balance? Because you say, again sans an explanation, that all mind games and critical thinking for Killers are destroyed?

You need a supporting argument to back up your claim.

I dont know what that question even means. I guess he is obviously talking from his POV and statistics underpin his statement. For myself i think if you play killer really well and you play the best killers, its almost impossible to loose. I have not lost a single game as killer since quiet a while.

Finally an actual supporting argument.

If something is broken should it just be left untouched because the other side hasn't gotten a nerf lately?

How many nerfs have been doled out is irrelevant to the argument you're making. The quality of the nerfs and of the balance between both sides is more relevant than just the quantity of nerfs.

Let me provide an example.

Say I remove the ability for Killers to injure Survivors with a basic attack. That's just one nerf.

I then halve Survivor heal speeds, increase gen times by 20 seconds, and make Survivors move at 3.5 m/s (down from 4). That's three nerfs.

Obviously Killers are now much weaker than Survivors, despite the fact that they only really received one nerf.

See? The quality is more significant than the quantity.

We could say the same of survivor nerfs like MoM, exhaustion status or Ballanced Landing , just a few examples. The Ruin change was no big deal at all, it was never a great perk, it was just a perk for lazy people. Technically it was not even a killer nerf since pop and corrupt were and are better perks anyway. Your argument is invalid.

Once again you're not supporting this statement with any kind of argument. Why should we expect this? What evidence supports this?

Again, his argument is obviously his experience, and so would be your counterargument. Well, there is one more point we could talk about: statistics. Your want to talk about statistics? I dont think so. Would not look that good for you if you represent the killers standpoint.

• FKreuger1
    FKreuger1 Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2020

Just a question about you saying survivors get nerfed every time and killers dont need skill for a 4k, which you've stated has been since 2016. In 2018, if there were 4 gens left and one survivor, that lone survivor would have to do a gen before the hatch would appear whilst being hunted.

I think the hatch play now considerably helps survivors a lot more compared to that previous hatch play. Now it doesnt matter how survivors do, theres always a 50/50 chance for a survivor to escape even if they played terribly and the killer played well.

What would your thoughts be on this point?

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

I agree with you, OP! Thanks for adding your voice to the collective!

This is how I feel about the balance of the game from each side:

Survivors: I want to feel that I had a chance to escape and that I wasn't set up to fail. If I don't escape, it's either because the killer outsmarted us or my team was horrible.

Killers: I want a 4k every game with no mindgames or perks stopping me despite being the power role.

• Orionbash
  • Trollthem

So does the killer , i don't know what's your point actually

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

im worried i may have to throw on an exhaustion perk to stand any chance in chases now. I had a wreckers yard map uesterday where going any further than the zones by the shack was a death sentence due to worthless hills replacing any form of tile

• Orionbash

Your point was it takes no skill. I'm saying it does.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Strawman. He never said that. I would never either. But i agree that starting with the starbreeze buyback the game just kept getting easier and easier for me as killer. It seems obvious that starbreeze was maybe forcing them to cater to the masses, which is fair from a business standpoint. And its good to see them have more control of their vision. But I'm actually enjoying killer less rhan ever due to easy one sided stomps. and solo survivor is less fun due to said killer buffs that leave swf untouched

Honestly, at red ranks, Outside of the rare 1 in 1000 god looper, perfect flashlight timing swfs I KNOW I'm getting that 4k.

And before you come at me with the usual 'lol u dun play kiler' crap that gets slung around here so often, I have over 4 times the hours as killer that i do as survivor.

• Trollthem

My point is its far from being killer sided like the dumb Op declare , survivor have been for so long on the top spot in term of abusing things and Op perks (still has op perks) swf etc now killer gets some general buff and survivor mains cries.

• Orionbash

You're talking about less than 1% of the survivor population. The stats reveal that killers were all, on average, getting 2k+. If you were having problems getting any kills then that's on you and your skill, not on survivors.

• Trollthem

Oh because getting 2k is enough to say killer is broken? Good killer should get 3k/4k each games but somes games goes so fast that you can't play correctly , not to mention that we killers are forced to play some perks to counter gen rush while survivors can run Broken perks like DS , dead hard and most second chance perks . We can't play every killer that we want for exemple Leatherface is dogshit , deathslinger is barely played, hag is barely played , plague can't even show her face at red ranks, of course survivor doesnt have this problem

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Recent form (last 6 months) killers are dominating. I play survivor main 70/30 and killers certainly have the edge atm. Its a horror game so it should be that way perhaps.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

Blah blah blah

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Dude, this also contains selfkills like "I hate freddy" or "Spirit=DC". This is just a mashup of a lot of data. If you were able to select representative games, these numbers would totally differ. And there is nothing representative on killer data, when the ranks don't reflect skills, because survivors get easier pips than killer. Would you gather "representative" soccer data from matches within the same division to make a conclusion about the strength of a team or include friendly games against regional division teams? As I said, it has a reason why BHVR decided to avoid releasing this data in the future...

• lostkq
    lostkq Member Posts: 162

actually, i disagree in general, as a survivor running a infinite yes it works and yes it is nice although you have to think about the other side bro, and yes the killer can just leave you but once you go back to the tile they cant do anything about you if you can properly run it, i play both killer and survivor and honestly the new update seems like its balanced out the game a bit more and the devs actually kept the tile useful instead of gutting it and you can still use the tile to its fullest ability

• lostkq
    lostkq Member Posts: 162

Although , i do agree with you that survivor gets nerfed almost every ######### update, and it doesnt get a break, I made a post about this a while ago but it was just generally how killer mains and survivor mains act against eachother on the forums Anything survivor sided killers will downvote in hopes to keep whatever they have in the game and anything killersided survivors will downvote to keep from being added, Its actually pretty childish and petty about how people are on this forum :shrug: But what can you do bro

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Maybe you're just not as skilled at survivor as you thought?

Honestly, that is what I tend to think about when people complain about stuff like DS and NoeD.

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

yeah its not like being the killer is super stressful and survivor is just chill mode,most like this are so braindead and a joke its sad

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Self Kills are still kills. If survivors DC or self-kill, they self-killed because they were losing. They definitely didn't self-kill or DC because they were winning the match. Self-kills and DC should definitely be including in the data because you want to look at the game as a whole. If we really want to be honest, self-kills and DCs might should be counted more than a regular kill because it shows the survivor felt the game was totally hopeless.

• Calisto_667
    Calisto_667 Member Posts: 137

I agree 100% with you. This game is no fun at all with the new nerfs and killers still keep complaining. There is a difference between the game being unbalanced and the devs listening to crap killers

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I just throw in the nurse, spirit and ruin nerf. Most survivor players from 2016 feel like the game gets killer sided, because survivor takes more and more skill nowadays.

• Schlute6969
    Schlute6969 Member Posts: 129

As I’m sure you have encountered with the many replies on here where the data comes from matters so much and whenever given data of any kind first priority before even interpreting it you need to know the variables and what other variables it was taken under. As you have heard in other posts the only thing that made it “red ranks” was the killer being red ranks the rest could be rank 20s and they would have counted it. On top of the other things to think of like dc, giving up, mori and a bunch other things it’s important to think of what winning is. It doesn’t do a red rank any good if he got all 4 at the end and one hooked them all and only receives black pip at best or depip while the survivors more than likely pop just fine. I’m not saying that shouldn’t happen considering the fame only got stopped at end game but I would argue pips possibly matter more even if I hook everyone twice but they all escape but I black pop that’s fine that’s a draw not a win. 2 kills with proper amount of hooks to no fault of the killers should be draw or pop if getting more hooks or deaths. All these variables and so much more matter and over the length time they did it with things that were still in the game and not to mention directly from them they basically said you should take these with a grain of salt and not base everything on these statistics due to variables above. On pipping side as well that goes with survivor I play both sides 50/50 and sure the objective you’re working towards is to ultimately escape but your other objectives consist of gens, totems, out running killer and helping teammates pretty much all that before even escaping. If you have done certain amount of these easily survivors black/one pip even with mories consistently because it’s easy to just do those things and get your points and get out and that’s if the killers good and kills you early if they aren’t even easier.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

I don't know how people thinking urban evading around as blendette is skill, compared to mindgaming the killer for 5+ minutes straight. But you do you.