Devs: Survivor is Still Too Easy

the map changes and extra 3 second-gen times didn’t seem like it affected survivors at all. I decided to challenge myself since the changes were pretty weak overall IMO. Please consider more serious changes in order to keep your Killer player base.

*peep my potato teammates using Premonition at red ranks (I used Premonition to fit in later).

Comments

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

4 survivors can get to gens in less time

Vs a single killer who can get to gens in less time... yeah I'd say the survivor team benefits 3 more times then killer might

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

I'm boring to play as survivor. I played 10 5 games, 4 are to easy to escape and 1 can be a little interesting,. Play as a killer, man, it's is more difficult to stop genrush and a lot of pallets hehe

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Then you had pretty lucky matchmakin with 4 rank 1 vs 2 rank 5 and you basically got a first time nurse, a new killer which im not even sure if its any good and a huntress. Well, guess its pretty far from a serious matchup to prove your point.

Take note and screen a pool of 50 games and then we can see it again

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

So basically 2 wins as survivor using the most useless builds, one which was against a meta slugging Nurse. Let’s just ignore that though.

Doesnt matter the way you look at it anyways, the survivor skill cap is WAY higher than the killer skill cap and I can prove it over and over again.

• Speshul_Kitten

When I post the 50 games you will still find a reason to complain though so where is your actually argument? How do you ignore the fact that survivors have a higher skill cap than killers?

• Speshul_Kitten

Expect your forgetting that Hawkins has the highest kill rate +65% than any other map. Tie this in with someone being a one-shot and it proves that the killer did NOT achieve the average kill rate even though one survivor was handicapped if you will.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

i Think they have done enough. What more do they have to do. Stop complaining

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    edited May 2020

He can’t even avoid screenshotting games where he lost because he raged quitted lmao. Or games that are even in the same time period because there are two rank 5 killers and 1 rank 1 killer 😂 who knows when these games took place or if it’s even really the same guy.

• Speshul_Kitten

look at my devotion level smart one, you’ll notice there’s 1 lvl difference. Nice try though survivor main.

• Speshul_Kitten

If you cal 2 kills on Hawkins a draw then you must not have been around before the DLC release. Hawkins has the highest kill rate of all maps, pair that with a one hit down survivor and a couple of potato teammates and YES, that was absolutely balanced.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Mmm perhaps at the high ranks but honestly things feel decently better balanced now. I'm not exactly a great survivor but I have to actually play my best to survive and do well now. It's not as much of a free ride.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Agreed, the devs really need too suck it up and heavy nerf gens. Map size and the light slap that gens got just ain't gonna cut it. Hell they even buffed other perks that completely make the nerfs irrelivent. There was literally no point in nerfing gens when they just reverted it the same patch.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Survivor is fine as is. They only thing I would change is to make DS deactivate if a Survivor interacts with a generator, fully heals, heals someone else or unhooks someone. Well, Moris and Keys need to be changed as well.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

Hawkins also usually has the highest amount of infinites, along with being a safe haven for balanced landing players. It doesn't matter how you perceive it because altruism is part of the game - which means that if the killer got two kills, then yes, it is a draw. If a killer gets one kill coldwin or lampkin lane, does that mean that they won just because of a kill rate? no - it doesn't because whilst Hawkins (69% kill rate) and Coldwind (53%) is a 16% difference, both are still over 50% - and this is a 4k kill rate.

You're also behaving as if you didn't willingly put up the Hawkins offering - which says to me that you're comfortable with the loops and confident in running the killer on this map. Not only this, but you were put up against a deathslinger, who is 4 ranks below you. Wow, what an accomplishment on running a killer that can be disadvantaged on this map, who is technically less skilled and shouldn't have been put in the same lobby as you. But also interestingly how one teammate had a key?

I don't even understand why you put up the last screenshot, the killer literally dc'd because they were placed in a match that they technically should've never had to play in the first place.

• Speshul_Kitten

Definitely an overhaul that would be unacceptable, might actually help survivor main queue times though, I’m sure they love 10+ minute queues for 6-8 minute games.

Sorry I meant 6-8:03 second games since the gen speed “nerf”

• Speshul_Kitten

You don’t play enough survivor or haven’t been playing long enough to know that Hawkins has the highest kill rate of all maps, approximately +65%.

If you bothered to asses the screenshot, you’d know that I threw on the map offering for the sole purpose of the “challenge,” yet the killer failed to achieve that even though I was indeed a 1 shot down.

In conclusion, the killer actually underperformed even with the a map that holds the highest kill rate, along with a person who has 1 useful perk.

• SmarulKusia

In conclusion, you decided to play a map that has single-handedly the most 'safe' loops that you can connect together and run the killer on for all gens if you're really capable or the killer is silly enough to engage in the chase for that long. Not only this, but his choice of killer also disadvantaged him on a map with plenty of turns, visual blockage and etc.

You also ignore that you were running up against a killer that was playing above his skill cap, which disadvantaged him further than it needed to.

and if you didn't ignore my post, then you'd see that it doesn't matter which map is the 'deadliest' or 'safest' because even the 'safest' map had a 4k kill rate of 53%, which is above 50%. Stop acting cocky, it's embarrassing seeing a rank 1 flex on the fact that they escaped against a rank 5 killer.

• ClaudetteFurtive
    ClaudetteFurtive Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2020

I don't know if you realize, but the killers are in free fall.. that explains why the extremely long waiting times for the survivors...

It all started with the nurse.. she got the biggest nerve in history, and shortly after it was Freddy for the time (accesory).. seriously it was predictable, nerve -> nerve -> nerve <without balanced> = boring !

Result, we feel the difference now. I replayed 1 week ago, after 2 months.. I playing the nurse before, all the time. After his nerve I played Freddy.. now no more killers interest me, because they are all boring to play ! So I play the survivor.. and I understand why the killer camp when I look the survivors...

🙂

• Speshul_Kitten

I stopped reading at: “the only map with safe loops”

Really shows how much experience you have in this game, considering I was a one shot down in the worst survivor map of all.

• Speshul_Kitten

I ply 50/50 unlike you who wants the game to be unbalanced towards survivors. Nice try though.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited May 2020

You want it to be unbalanced toward survivors? Why shouldn't the game be balanced for both sides?

• SmarulKusia

Your data for the “worst map” is outdated by 7 months, two months after the map was released.

Hawkins can have up to 4 safe loops that you can connect. It is a safe haven for exhaustion perks - especially balanced landing. If you refuse to read facts and live in a fantasy where you think escaping against someone who is 4 ranks below you is an achievement and means that survivor is easy - then you’re the blind one with little in-game experience.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I have over 1,700 hours in this game as a solo survivor main. I'm sorry that out of the 120 possible perk+addons+offering slots listed between those three screenshots I failed to see that one of them was a Hawkins offering. 🙄 Now they we're passed your superiority complex, Hawkins is killer sided, absolutely. And every stat has a percentage of win rate. You fell into that win rate. How does a single 2 in/2out match on Hawkins prove your point any more than before? On an indoor map, with a ranged killer who is 4 ranks below your entire team? In a match where everyone still got good points.

You just aren't proving the point you think you are.

And I'm glad you've played a bazillion hours on both sides of the fence to have great skill in this game - you still do not speak for the majority of survivors or their experiences. If you don't find DBD challenging anymore, perhaps its time for you to graduate to a more difficult game.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

The warmup Question:

In which phase of the game is the killer able to patrol gens quicker:

In the early game, when gens are far away from each other?

In the late game, when all gens are very close to each other?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

First of all, what do you want to prove by that? That you escaped 3 times? Outstanding! Devs will be shocked after those 3 screenshots and rethink their ballance joices.

Second, you play on console. The game is easy mode there anyway. Hate me for saying that but it is the truth (been there, done that).

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179

Red ranks is a SWF fiesta in an already Survivor sided game, playing solo is hard only because of your teammates that either don't know how to play to win or are trolling to get challenges done, Killers are still not a threat and the update changed nothing in my opinion.

You still have to play around 6 survivor perks when you don't even know if they are running, you still won't depip if you get demolished because matches last more than 3 minutes, you still have to run Pop if you want to have a chance, terrible Killers are still terrible despite the fact that smaller maps should help with map pressure.

After the changes I played mostly Survivor and the only thing that scares me is that in every match I had a teammate with Urban Evasion.

I guess 3Genning might be easier now, I don't know.

• BabyClaudette
    BabyClaudette Member Posts: 109

2 games you got a rank 5 killer against rank 1 survivors.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

The maps are smaller which means a killer can get to gens faster than before too

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97

They nerfed swf a bit, made maps smaller, and nerfed gens speeds. If you think the update didn't help at all idk what to tell you. Either you're not applying much pressure as killer or you're up against way more skilled players. I switched from pc back to console because my pc is ######### atm just to see the update and it seems fine to me. I get 4ks most of my games and like 4 2ks I think? Only because I started getting matched against my ranks which is red after reaching rank 11 and also playing on controller is rough.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

And of course, smaller maps don't stop survivors from doing gens in the killer's face.

• Kumikube
    Kumikube Member Posts: 5

Nurse is still the best killer in the game but sure bud.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I'm not talking about map size though, i'm talking about how gen nerfs were irrelevant since they buffed perks too compensate for the nerfs.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

I'd also like to add:

• Match 1: A key was in play. How do we know the Deathslinger wasn't wiping the floor with his team and they just escaped via the hatch?
    • Match 2: That huntress only had Discordance as a tracking perk. She moves too slow to be relying on Discordance only.
    • Match 3: The Clown brought BPS and d/c'd? That seems like an accidental d/c to me.