The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Fun or unique perk buids

bigbeefynacho
bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

The title says it all. What are some perks/builds you run as survivor or killer to just chill from sweating or becoming frustrated with the game?

Currently, as Survivor, I'm running Head-On, Q&Q, Plunderer's and Ace In the Hole.

Post edited by bigbeefynacho on

Comments

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Borrowed Time, Head On, Diversion, Quick and Quiet

• Drummerman74
    Drummerman74 Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2020

Empathy, Dark Sense, Alert, & Left Behind....

( sometimes I switch Left Behind for Adrenaline).

I call it the 'I see you' build.

• bigbeefynacho

I love to run LB. Sometimes those solo matches can be awfully rough.

• Shaun
    Shaun Member Posts: 28

I love running a mess-with-survivor build on the doctor. It uses dark-devotion to provide stealth and also allows static blast to be used across the map. Surge and overcharge are also used. When your generator explodes for no reason (because of dark devotion hiding the terror radius) you get REALLY confused to what happened. It also gets really confusing which generators have overcharge as well, throwing in another mix of confusion. Lastly, the greater mind-messer of them all; thrill of the hunt. After all, who runs thrill of the hunt without an important totem?

• Shaun
    Shaun Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2020

There is also the hot potato mori build. Use furtive chase, nemesis, and rancor. Survivors pass around an end game mori, leaving the ones who figure out what's going on in a difficult decision of rescuing the obsession and hope someone else stuns the killer before the rescuer dies from rancor, or leave the obsession on the hook and possibly let them die.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

For survivor, pallet doctor. Windows of Opportunity, Any Means Necessary, Open Handed. Fourth perk can be whatever you like, but Kindred works nicely with Open handed. See a downed pallet? Run over there and pick it up.

For killer, Wraith with Play With Your Food and Nemesis or Furtive Chase. Easiest PWYF stacks you'll ever get. You'll be zooming.

• bigbeefynacho

Yeh...the Kindred, OH combo is really nice, especially if you're solo.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
  • Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    edited May 2020

Gotta Go Fast: Sprint Burst, Fixated, Urban Evasion, Tenacity

• Drummerman74
    Drummerman74 Member Posts: 28

Yeah, I'm pretty grateful for that perk as it has saved me so many times lol there's no better feeling than seeing that red glow of the hatch with the killer right behind you!

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830
    edited May 2020

I like to run 2 builds as a survivor

The first one i call it "Ninja build" - Q&Q, Iron Will, Lithe, Dance with Me. I love vaulting a window and completely disappear :)

The second one "Hit and Run" - Diversion, Iron Will, Sprint Burst and for the 4th one i usually run Left Behind/Bond because i don't want to throw a pebble in the direction of a teammate and destroy their cover. This is a good build for hatch escapes, you see the hatch with Left Behind, throw a pebble the other way and sprint burst to the hatch. I got away so many times with this build, the killer is searching for me and i just throw a pebble one way and run the other.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Green/Purple med-kit with Gel Dressings and Gauze Roll

perks: Streetwise, Botany Knowledge, Self-Care, We'll Make It/Resilence.

Mega heals :)

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

Autodidact is a lot of fun, and with more legion and huntress players with the new tome it's a lot more useful

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

No healing allowed: Sloppy Butcher+Thana+Dying Light. As fourth perk I usually use Pop. Works nice, if you manage to max your stacks on Thana and get quick hooks.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Self care, botany knowledge, resilience, spine chill, 15% faster vaulting on pallets and windows, faster healing, even with sloppy butcher, 9% repair speed, counter undetectable status effect and small terror radius killers like spirit or deathslinger

• Kakateve
    Kakateve Member Posts: 287

For spirit I use ruin, DoH, haunted grounds and retribution. Basically all your totems are traps as long as retribution is up so you don’t have to worry about losing a ruin or a DoH that can also carry some of your games alone. And if they happen to cleanse a haunted ground well...survivors probably start hearing the music from that coffin dance meme :’D

• xander100
    xander100 Member Posts: 7

I have a couple of builds.

mettle of man, dead hard, self care or inner strength, if you put self care botany knowledge would be good if you put inner strength detectives hunch would be good. Bring a rangers medkit And put the purple bottle addon with the brown bandages that increases 8 charges. For this to be a fun build you have to take those protection hits. Oh and if you love blood points cuz let’s be honest who doesn’t swap out a perk and put we’re gonna live forever.

second, I only use when I’ve been tunneled for three games in a row. Deliverance, desicive, dead hard and borrowed time just in case you need to make a risky play.

i have a couple other builds I use. But I really enjoy playing the game perkless specially in red ranks since i definitely know the killer would Be upset he just got out gamed by a person with no perks. Also kinda satisfying knowing you could survive without perks on.

(I’m not toxic btw I just know I would be kinda upset if a person without perks outplayed me.

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511

Skill check doc. Iridescent king and one of the Calm add ons. Distressing, Unnerving presence. Huntresses lullaby, and Overcharge. Use a map offering for Dead Dogs or the Game and watch those gen notifications fly

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I was about to recommend that survivor build! But I've used Resilience or Self-Care over Iron Will.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Bamboozle and Fire Up on Legion.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,736

I see you're a fellow head on gamer. Nice.

Survivor I like to call it the LockerHunter- go hunt for lockers to chill in and also it combines totem hunter and locker dweller. Head On, Q&Q, Detective's Hunch/Decisive Strike, Inner Strength.

As killer I like to play huntress perkless and slowly learn the killer (strangely relaxing lmao). Other than that Pitbull Wraith (Mr Worldwide) is fun. Bell Clapper & whatever addon makes sure you terror radius is no longer suppressed with distressing works wonders.