Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can we get gen rushing addressed already?

Before the survivors get all salty at the title, let me state this isn't the typical "wah they finished the gens before I could kill them" QQ. So first, let's address what I am referring to when I say "gen rushing" before we hear the typical, "there is no such thing" argument. Gen rushing is when survivors push generators hard from the beginning of the match and multiple gens are completed within a few minutes. This can be caused by the killer lacking pressure on the map or survivors ignoring everything in order to push the gens. As a killer, when I see 3 gens popped in a few minutes, I get a little frustrated and I think, "wow". As a survivor I think, "okay this is good, but I'll get worthless pips and no points." This is one of the reasons I don't particularly care to play survivor often. What fun is pressing M1 on a generator the entire match?

Is anyone really wrong for doing this? No, I don't believe so. Survivors are just doing their objective and killers may just be getting looped or inexperienced at patrolling gens. I think what it boils down to is survivors have gotten so good and adapted to this game over the years, it has revealed a huge flaw in this game. It needs to be fixed.

So what is there to do about it right now? Killers have a few perks that can sort of help with this. At best, these perks are like an off brand bandaid and they only benefit the killer. Survivors can stop doing their only objective and purposely run the killer around for chase points, but why on earth would they do that?

There have been some creative solutions mentioned over the past couple months I have played. My favorite is adding more objectives in the game or even different game modes. Unique quest can be added in the map that upon completion, could reward the same benefit as escaping would (BPs/pips) and you could even escape after escaping for an even larger bonus. This is just an example of what can be done and my own personal input.

So, I'd like to finish off my QQ with one last thought. This last game I played. Let me say, the survivors did really well. They were very sneaky, pushed gens quick. As far as doing their objective goes, they almost finished the last gen and were potentially very close to escape.

Unfortunately for them, they made a few minor mistakes that I was able to capitalize on. The point of me posting this pic is to point out that they did do well in hiding from the killer and finishing gens. In my opinion, they were not rewarded enough and this is one of the big problems of gen rushing. It's generally a bad game for everyone, not fun and no one gets points.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

Yes.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    When I play as survivor I'm pretty torn on how quickly to get gens done. If I don't get to work on them immediately then my teammates might not either, or they might be terrible, and things can quickly snowball into getting 0-2 gens done because the killer dominates.

On the other hand, if gens are getting done too quickly then there are a few problems: 1. Even if we succeed and 3 or 4 of us survive, we'll get ######### for points and pips, 2. The killer might get frustrated/discouraged and disconnect, 3. If you do happen to get caught and gens are popping left and right, then you're very likely to get hard camped by a killer desperate to secure one kill, or 4. Killers who play for NOED or end game builds are a lot less likely to put pressure on gens and the quicker they get done, the less likely all 5 totems will be cleansed (and getting downed with NOED and camped because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time feels cheap).

So yes, "gen rushing" sucks for both sides. But when you're a solo player it's incredibly risky not to work on gens and assume your teammates will. I've been chased for the first 3 or 4 minutes of the trial, no gens will pop, and when I'm downed and my teammates' auras are revealed, they'll be sneaking around doing totems and opening chests.
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@HookedonDemand said:
    The whole gen rushing thing confuses me. Isn't finishing the gens literally the only thing survivors need to do to escape ? Why would they wait, to take in the scenery ? It's like complaining that the killer starts killing right away... :(

So I am just gonna guess based off your response that you may have just skimmed over what I posted. I stated survivors could wait as humor and shouldn't have been taken seriously. The whole points of my thread is to point out gen rushing is the only objective that survivors have and that we could improve everyone's game-play experience by adding more objectives for them to do.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@mcNuggets said:
    Bad killers like every single killer not being hillbilly or nurse are forced to use perks like NOED and Ruin (even those 2 need em) in order to even stand a chance against good survivors.
    This shouldnt be the case. NEVER.

This is a great point I forgot to bring up. The short length of games encourages killers to play Nurse or Billy for their mobility. I know this is a major gripe for survivor mains and I don't blame them. Playing the same 2 strongest killers would be boring.

As a killer, I get bored of playing Billy. When I play other killers I find fun, like Freddy, survivors absolutely wreck me. When you are playing a weaker killer and 4 gens pop before you have even hooked your first survivor, that is very discouraging to keep playing these weaker tier killers.

I think extending matches somehow would be beneficial for everyone in this aspect. Survivors could play against a multitude of killers besides Billy and Nurse and on the flip side, killers could enjoy playing other weaker killers.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

@iceman2kx said:
    Before the survivors get all salty at the title, let me state this isn't the typical "wah they finished the gens before I could kill them" QQ. So first, let's address what I am referring to when I say "gen rushing" before we hear the typical, "there is no such thing" argument. Gen rushing is when survivors push generators hard from the beginning of the match and multiple gens are completed within a few minutes. This can be caused by the killer lacking pressure on the map or survivors ignoring everything in order to push the gens. As a killer, when I see 3 gens popped in a few minutes, I get a little frustrated and I think, "wow". As a survivor I think, "okay this is good, but I'll get worthless pips and no points." This is one of the reasons I don't particularly care to play survivor often. What fun is pressing M1 on a generator the entire match?

A very well thought out and respectful post and I thank you for it.

There have been plenty of threads offering additional objectives such as gas / parts for the gens or even finding a key for the gate once the gens are done. It would very much help the stagnation of the game if something was implemented. I'm a survivor main but I do recognise how frustrating a gen rush can be for a killer as well as the response of 'what else do we do?' from fellow survivors.

Also its worth considering giving killers new things to do, or at least new ways to kill. It would have to be something on par with hooking more than once and that ones a little harder for me to come up with at nearly 1am, but it bears thinking about.

Just my rambling two cents anyway.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    As you stated its not the survivors fault it's a flaw in the game by the devs.. the objective is too easy or too short (I'm guessing both).. I would really like to see what sort of objectives the team is thinking of implementing into the game 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited September 2018

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:
    The whole gen rushing thing confuses me. Isn't finishing the gens literally the only thing survivors need to do to escape ? Why would they wait, to take in the scenery ? It's like complaining that the killer starts killing right away... :(

Gen rush exists due to a lack of objectives, yes. This isn't a player problem; it's a game design problem. That's why many players - on both sides - want more objectives for the Survivors.

This^ and most of us want and wouldn't mind having to scrounge for parts and or gas as a means to break the monotony. Sicne it's boring as feck to sit there and hold M1 for 80 seconds usually (pc). If they'd just add either or both of those objectives games would last longer and both sides would have a lot more fun.

You'd get more bp of course and killer wouldn't feel like they had to play Nurse/Billy and now Hag or run NOED/RUIN. You'd see a lot more builds getting used on both sides since maps would come into play to find stuff.

Small game or Plunderers Instinct depending on what category gas/parts fell under or perhaps both. The killers could use different perks to track the stuff perhaps from salvage piles. If you're running around well parts could be lost so you have to go back for more. The gas would be same way, run to that gen you lose a % of gas each step.

To really make it interesting you could make the gas be siphoned with skill checks from some of the cars or gas cans etc. If you fail you get an explosion and or lose the gas up to that skill check point etc.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Gen rushing isn't that bad I usually get three down in first few minutes
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@HookedonDemand said:

Maybe at the start of the match everyone should stand around for 5 minutes and then start working - sounds good.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

Gen rush exists due to a lack of objectives, yes. This isn't a player problem; it's a game design problem. That's why many players - on both sides - want more objectives for the Survivors.

This^ and most of us want and wouldn't mind having to scrounge for parts and or gas as a means to break the monotony. Sicne it's boring as feck to sit there and hold M1 for 80 seconds usually (pc). If they'd just add either or both of those objectives games would last longer and both sides would have a lot more fun.

You'd get more bp of course and killer wouldn't feel like they had to play Nurse/Billy and now Hag or run NOED/RUIN. You'd see a lot more builds getting used on both sides since maps would come into play to find stuff.

Small game or Plunderers Instinct depending on what category gas/parts fell under or perhaps both. The killers could use different perks to track the stuff perhaps from salvage piles. If you're running around well parts could be lost so you have to go back for more. The gas would be same way, run to that gen you lose a % of gas each step.

To really make it interesting you could make the gas be siphoned with skill checks from some of the cars or gas cans etc. If you fail you get an explosion and or lose the gas up to that skill check point etc.

Thankfully they mantioned something else about addiotional objectives in the last Q&A.

Another thing they need to do is remove the useless cap that both killer and survivors have on their 4 emblems, let everyone earn more if everyone has to do more.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@SenzuDuck said:

@HookedonDemand said:

Maybe at the start of the match everyone should stand around for 5 minutes and then start working - sounds good.

That´s exactly my proposal when survivors complain: "waaahhh killer instantly finds and downs me!"

• HeavenlyClassic
    HeavenlyClassic Member Posts: 38
    Gen rushing is a ridiculous complaint .
    Like saying a killer is hooking people too quickly or sumthin.
    It's literally the objective.
    And if u get good team,its gonna happen. 
    Why? Because there isnt much more to do that's valuable.
    And yes its laughable to have to at the end,go and search for the killer and try and get him to chase just so I dont depip. 
    But popping totems is about the closest thing to anything other than gens that's worth doing .
    I wouldnt say its flawed system as it depends on survivors and killer. But yes I agree killer has no control of game and needs something to apply pressure. 
    But giving survivors something other than gens to do is sounds like way too drastic. In the end it's all up to how gud the players r and knowledgable 
  • HeavenlyClassic
    HeavenlyClassic Member Posts: 38
    SenzuDuck said:

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

Thankfully they mantioned something else about addiotional objectives in the last Q&A.

Another thing they need to do is remove the useless cap that both killer and survivors have on their 4 emblems, let everyone earn more if everyone has to do more.

I've been saying remove cap for ages .why limit points I earn thru game
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Orion said:

@HeavenlyClassic said:
    Gen rushing is a ridiculous complaint .
    Like saying a killer is hooking people too quickly or sumthin.
    It's literally the objective.
    And if u get good team,its gonna happen. 
    Why? Because there isnt much more to do that's valuable.
    And yes its laughable to have to at the end,go and search for the killer and try and get him to chase just so I dont depip. 
    But popping totems is about the closest thing to anything other than gens that's worth doing .
    I wouldnt say its flawed system as it depends on survivors and killer. But yes I agree killer has no control of game and needs something to apply pressure. 
    But giving survivors something other than gens to do is sounds like way too drastic. In the end it's all up to how gud the players r and knowledgable 

You clearly haven't been playing the game for very long. Everyone agrees doing generators is boring, and if you'd bothered to read the OP, you'd see that they don't want to punish Survivors for doing the only objective available to them.

Survivors need additional objectives. Everyone agrees on that, but devs haven´t commented any ideas or possible changes. :(

• TimeMonster
    TimeMonster Member Posts: 152

The only thing that survivors can do - sabotage!
    But sabotage is usless and way to situational. So we back to gens.... totems? well yeah! spend 1 minute at most. Back to gens.... PALLET LOOPING! How fun! There is no other thing to do rather to loop this killer till daylight... nurce? well, it's bad, so all we can do - gen rush her... hillbilly is same thing. Only way to deal with usefull killer - use usefull tactic, wich is gen rush.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Same I play both and half the time I spend it breaking hooks as well as doing gens just for fun because why not and I use the quote for iden verisio (yes I play star wars battlefront 2) first in last out * I never leave u till I know the others can get out even if I'm bleeding and on last hook I stay
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@iceman2kx said:

Is anyone really wrong for doing this? No, I don't believe so. Survivors are just doing their objective and killers may just be getting looped or inexperienced at patrolling gens. I think what it boils down to is survivors have gotten so good and adapted to this game over the years, it has revealed a huge flaw in this game. It needs to be fixed.

So what is there to do about it right now? Killers have a few perks that can sort of help with this. At best, these perks are like an off brand bandaid and they only benefit the killer. Survivors can stop doing their only objective and purposely run the killer around for chase points, but why on earth would they do that?

There have been some creative solutions mentioned over the past couple months I have played. My favorite is adding more objectives in the game or even different game modes. Unique quest can be added in the map that upon completion, could reward the same benefit as escaping would (BPs/pips) and you could even escape after escaping for an even larger bonus. This is just an example of what can be done and my own personal input.

So, I'd like to finish off my QQ with one last thought. This last game I played. Let me say, the survivors did really well. They were very sneaky, pushed gens quick. As far as doing their objective goes, they almost finished the last gen and were potentially very close to escape.

Unfortunately for them, they made a few minor mistakes that I was able to capitalize on. The point of me posting this pic is to point out that they did do well in hiding from the killer and finishing gens. In my opinion, they were not rewarded enough and this is one of the big problems of gen rushing. It's generally a bad game for everyone, not fun and no one gets points.

Thoughts?

Genrushing is not a thing in the realm where the devs balance the game. Survivors are actually scared in this realm and will move away from gens when they hear heartbeat, they wont stay untli the last second just to zoom away with their sprinburst. Also skillchecks will be failed such that the killer can hinder their progress too.

Loved the old days of DBD, had so much fun with my friends even if we got totally screwed. Nowadays its just a shitshow

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@HookedonDemand said:

Survivors do complain about killers starting to kill them right away though. Tunneling literally means that and they defend themselves saying that it is not fun for the survivor who is getting tunneled. Guess what is not fun for the killer.

Tunneling and gen rushing are more or less the same thing imo.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

The gen rush is a big problem bacause, the first second you spawn in the game what do you do ? run to the gen and work on it.
    Back in the old days 2016-2017 ppl werent rushing gens so hard, they were saboing, cleansing totems, trying to find who the killer is.
    Right now all you need to do is work on gens at every single point in the game unless
    1. Being chased by the killer
    2. Going for saves
    Otherwise just rush the gens super boring tactic unless devs add another main objective they will never manage to remove this problem.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

Well, thanks for the responses, they were even civilized. Had 9 Notifications and was a bit worried how hard I'm going to be insulted. :)

What additional objectives could there be if I may ask ? I always thought that killer kinda creates them by hooking people and getting others to stop doing gens and rescue them ?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

There have been endless suggestions, mainly revolving around new mechanics and buffing Killers, but the devs have stuck to their roadmap, so we'll just have to wait and see. I even made a thread showing why chases are too long, but some people became confused by it.

• Orion
    edited September 2018

@Wolf74 said:

@HookedonDemand said:

"Gen rush" is the term for the missmatch in time it takes to complete survivor objectives versus killer objectives.
    A decent team that knows how to play, will spread out and all jump different gens.
    With a single hit taking ~30-40 seconds of chasing plus carrying the victim to the hook, the killer needs AT LEAST 70-90 seconds for the first hook (ofc unless the survivor play stupid).
    With gens taking 80 seconds -not including great checks, toolboxes or perks- 3 gens will be done when the killer gets his first hook.
    So the survivor did 3/6 of their objectives (5 gens + 1 door), while the killer did…
    depends on what you consider a "win" for the killer.
    4 k would need 12 objectives done (without camping).
    2 k would need 6 to 10 hooks, depending on how much the hooking is spread among the team.
    And all this does not consider DS, pallet stuns during pick up or flashlightsaves and bodyblocks or insta heals.
    So under the best circumstances the killer (the SINGLE player) has done 1/6 of his objective to win, while the survivor (the TEAM player) have done 3/6 of their objectives.
    Do you see the problem now??

Be careful, the last time I showed that under the best circumstances for the Killer, chases are still too long, I got a bunch of angry people saying that "not all games" are like that.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited September 2018

Yeah sometimes, both as killer and survivor, I wonder if people are really having fun. I mean, escaping after 5 minutes without encountering a single time the killer and ending with 10k is not exactly the ideal match for me. It sometimes reaches a point where I need to not do gens to slow the game a bit and make it more enjoyable for everyone.

• Master

@Orion said:

@Wolf74 said:

@HookedonDemand said:

"Gen rush" is the term for the missmatch in time it takes to complete survivor objectives versus killer objectives.
    A decent team that knows how to play, will spread out and all jump different gens.
    With a single hit taking ~30-40 seconds of chasing plus carrying the victim to the hook, the killer needs AT LEAST 70-90 seconds for the first hook (ofc unless the survivor play stupid).
    With gens taking 80 seconds -not including great checks, toolboxes or perks- 3 gens will be done when the killer gets his first hook.
    So the survivor did 3/6 of their objectives (5 gens + 1 door), while the killer did…
    depends on what you consider a "win" for the killer.
    4 k would need 12 objectives done (without camping).
    2 k would need 6 to 10 hooks, depending on how much the hooking is spread among the team.
    And all this does not consider DS, pallet stuns during pick up or flashlightsaves and bodyblocks or insta heals.
    So under the best circumstances the killer (the SINGLE player) has done 1/6 of his objective to win, while the survivor (the TEAM player) have done 3/6 of their objectives.
    Do you see the problem now??

Be careful, the last time I showed that under the best circumstances for the Killer, chases are still too long, I got a bunch of angry people saying that "not all games" are like that.

Yeah its fine because the imbalance doesnt strike every game. Just DC in these games I guess....
    Sometimes you can only facepalm^^

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Apparantly that AMAZING thing they announced few weeks back that will help with game times on right rank is... increasing healing time by 4 seconds, making slugging near impossible and make destroying hook way easier then it is.
    Usual "fix" that doesn't address the main issue but fixes something next to it instead.
    Like with DS, rework of it is postponed few months already BUT they found enough time to fix the issue that caused survivor to lose DS if they hit the skillcheck after killer already started hooking them.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

That's how I feel about it. The point is to escape and get out. Why waste time with anything else. I cleanse totems for the potential to kill noed and I'll unhook others and go right back to a gen. Gen rush is inevitable and killers will just have to deal with it just as survivors have to deal with the inevitable camping killer or tunneling killer along with teams that don't help when you're hooked and you die on first hook.
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Master said:

@iceman2kx said:

Thoughts?

Genrushing is not a thing in the realm where the devs balance the game. Survivors are actually scared in this realm and will move away from gens when they hear heartbeat, they wont stay untli the last second just to zoom away with their sprinburst. Also skillchecks will be failed such that the killer can hinder their progress too.

Loved the old days of DBD, had so much fun with my friends even if we got totally screwed. Nowadays its just a shitshow

That is a very specific situation and not everyone reacts like that

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Ramxenoc445 said:
    HookedonDemand said:

That's how I feel about it. The point is to escape and get out. Why waste time with anything else. I cleanse totems for the potential to kill noed and I'll unhook others and go right back to a gen. Gen rush is inevitable and killers will just have to deal with it just as survivors have to deal with the inevitable camping killer or tunneling killer along with teams that don't help when you're hooked and you die on first hook.

Did you bother reading anything in this thread before posting?

• Master

@Zanfer said:

@Master said:

@iceman2kx said:

Thoughts?

That is a very specific situation and not everyone reacts like that

So you are telling me that nowadays survivor hide when they hear the heartbeat instead of continuing the gen? "specific situation" mhm k

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

This seems a bit dabateble, but thinking about it.
    I think it would only make sense, at least for advancing in ranks, it gets harder and harder.
    Perhaps it should get easier for the killer, maybe to make killers a little stronger they could get 5 perk slots, and 3 addons. (but for something like nurse for example, you can't get like 10 blinks)

I do have the perfect idea to help with gen rushing, and its in the perk DYING LIGHT

My idea for dying light is
    After hooking your obsession, survivors suffer an action speed penalty, until 2/2/3 generators have been repaired
    Notes: your obsession doesn't need to die or stay on the hook for the perk to stay active. If anything you want them to get saved, so after the gens get repaired (assuming the survivors don'y get caught first) you can hook your obsession a second time to slow them down.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@BLUE_APE said:

I do have the perfect idea to help with gen rushing, and its in the perk DYING LIGHT

My idea for dying light is
    After hooking your obsession, survivors suffer an action speed penalty, until 2/2/3 generators have been repaired

By the time you hook your first victim 3 gens will be done and you have a 1 in 4 chance that the first guy you find is actually your obsession.
    Switching targets in case you find the obsession mid chase is even less beneficial in time management.
    So what's the point of Dying Light anyway?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited September 2018

If there was just a limit on how fast a gen could be finished that would solve some problems. Right now the issues are toolboxes and the ability for survivors to gang up on a gen. If you have 4 survivors with toolboxes on a gen it will be done in like 20 seconds. That shouldn't happen. Besides the fact the bonuses from this stuff should be toned down, there should be an upper limit to the speed a gen can be repaired, no matter how many survivors or toolboxes you use. That limit should be something like 50 seconds. Luck already works the same way, in that if a whole team used UTA with salty lips they should get >60% luck but the max is 48%.

Obviously BNP might need another rework, which all BNP should do is make great skill checks zone huge, almost unmissable, but at the cost of using the toolbox faster. Then it would be a sort of hard counter to Ruin, but not so ridiculously powerful that it just breaks the game.

• powerbats

@Master said:

So you are telling me that nowadays survivor hide when they hear the heartbeat instead of continuing the gen? "specific situation" mhm k

I'll hide when I hear the heartbeat although if the gen is just a few seconds away I'll sometimes stay and be greedy. But I also use premo and if I know the killer is coming I'll sneak off and try and evade.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I'd honestly love secondary objectives to slow the game down. It adds a bit more game play and opens new doors into how certain items and perks can be tweaked.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@Orion said:
    There have been endless suggestions, mainly revolving around new mechanics and buffing Killers, but the devs have stuck to their roadmap, so we'll just have to wait and see. I even made a thread showing why chases are too long, but some people became confused by it.

you still have a link to that thread m8 id like to read it.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@thesuicidefox said:
    If there was just a limit on how fast a gen could be finished that would solve some problems. Right now the issues are toolboxes and the ability for survivors to gang up on a gen. If you have 4 survivors with toolboxes on a gen it will be done in like 20 seconds. That shouldn't happen. Besides the fact the bonuses from this stuff should be toned down, there should be an upper limit to the speed a gen can be repaired, no matter how many survivors or toolboxes you use. That limit should be something like 50 seconds. Luck already works the same way, in that if a whole team used UTA with salty lips they should get >60% luck but the max is 48%.

Obviously BNP might need another rework, which all BNP should do is make great skill checks zone huge, almost unmissable, but at the cost of using the toolbox faster. Then it would be a sort of hard counter to Ruin, but not so ridiculously powerful that it just breaks the game.

In a vast majority of spawns, generators cannot be worked on by 4 survivors at once. In most instances, the generator is blocked on one or two sides (and rarely 3 sides). I think only the Coldwind Farm maps provide generators that can be worked on by 4 survivors at once. I am sure there are others, but I can't think of them immediately. Perhaps alter the gen spawns so that each generator is guaranteed to have at least one side blocked? Increase the chances for 2 and 3 sides to be blocked?

• Orion

@Global said:

@Orion said:

Sure. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/15406/feedback-m1-killers-are-too-slow

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@Orion said:

@Global said:

@Orion said:

Sure. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/15406/feedback-m1-killers-are-too-slow

I dont understand what is so hard to understand about it xD just sounds like survivors trying to over complicate the fact they always have the advantage no matter what perks are chosen in the end. thanks for the link btw bb.

• Orion

@Global said:

@Orion said:

@Global said:

@Orion said:

I dont understand what is so hard to understand about it xD just sounds like survivors trying to over complicate the fact they always have the advantage no matter what perks are chosen in the end. thanks for the link btw bb.

Apparently, the fact that I didn't take into consideration the hundreds of variables that make the game more Survivor-sided was somehow relevant to my "best case-scenario for the Killer is still bad for them" point. And here I thought that when someone showed the best case-scenario for one side was bad, it was proof that that side needed a buff. Go figure.

• powerbats

@Orion said:

@Global said:

@Orion said:

@Global said:

@Orion said:

@Lockheart said:
    PPS: Sorry to post so much at once. Things I just keep forgetting to add.

OP. You call it an experiment and yet refuse to account for every variable except for those closed within youe tiny confines of a scenario... But an experiment, by definition, is to control specific variables so that you can then test the many other variables that vary. Cause, you know, variables are things that are able to vary... It's in the name. Come on, I know you can do type type and the write write so surely you must understand the words you're using.

You did not use mathematics to confirm anything. You calculated the travel time between two objects moving at different speeds. Then that suited the role of confirmation bias all too well.

Just like I did above, I can put your same variables in a different linear of one survivor after another and you have three easy hooks in the time only a single gen is popped.

Apparently, the fact that I didn't take into consideration the hundreds of variables that make the game more Survivor-sided was somehow relevant to my "best case-scenario for the Killer is still bad for them" point. And here I thought that when someone showed the best case-scenario for one side was bad, it was proof that that side needed a buff. Go figure.

No the fact that you chose a scenario that fit your preconceived outcome was the issue.

You were shown different things that could be taken into account such as grabbing someone off a gen and getting an easy hook. It happens even at rank 1 because either the killer was super sneaky or the survivor was to engrossed. You chose to only use what best fit your narrative.

• Orion

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@Global said:

@Orion said:

@Global said:

@Orion said:

@Lockheart said:
    PPS: Sorry to post so much at once. Things I just keep forgetting to add.

OP. You call it an experiment and yet refuse to account for every variable except for those closed within youe tiny confines of a scenario... But an experiment, by definition, is to control specific variables so that you can then test the many other variables that vary. Cause, you know, variables are things that are able to vary... It's in the name. Come on, I know you can do type type and the write write so surely you must understand the words you're using.

You did not use mathematics to confirm anything. You calculated the travel time between two objects moving at different speeds. Then that suited the role of confirmation bias all too well.

Just like I did above, I can put your same variables in a different linear of one survivor after another and you have three easy hooks in the time only a single gen is popped.

No the fact that you chose a scenario that fit your preconceived outcome was the issue.

You were shown different things that could be taken into account such as grabbing someone off a gen and getting an easy hook. It happens even at rank 1 because either the killer was super sneaky or the survivor was to engrossed. You chose to only use what best fit your narrative.

Yes, thank you, you've already voiced your complaints in the thread.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@CoolAKn said:
    In a vast majority of spawns, generators cannot be worked on by 4 survivors at once. In most instances, the generator is blocked on one or two sides (and rarely 3 sides). I think only the Coldwind Farm maps provide generators that can be worked on by 4 survivors at once. I am sure there are others, but I can't think of them immediately. Perhaps alter the gen spawns so that each generator is guaranteed to have at least one side blocked? Increase the chances for 2 and 3 sides to be blocked?

Yea not every gen can be done by 4 people, my point is that even with 2 you do it way too fast (40 seconds). Factor in toolboxes and more players and it's SUPER fast. There needs to be a limit to how fast it can go, so if we have 2 or 4 on a gen it's the same. That's what a gen rush is, when multiple survs do a gen at once.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437

@iceman2kx said:

A very well thought out and respectful post and I thank you for it.

There have been plenty of threads offering additional objectives such as gas / parts for the gens or even finding a key for the gate once the gens are done. It would very much help the stagnation of the game if something was implemented. I'm a survivor main but I do recognise how frustrating a gen rush can be for a killer as well as the response of 'what else do we do?' from fellow survivors.

Also its worth considering giving killers new things to do, or at least new ways to kill. It would have to be something on par with hooking more than once and that ones a little harder for me to come up with at nearly 1am, but it bears thinking about.

Just my rambling two cents anyway.

Well uf you want ways to kill I've had nasty ideas for booby trapped chest's and lockers as well as a fake hatch all of these in fact have a entity claw inside to kill you so imaging wounded chased and hiding to lose them only to be skewed and die because you didn't see the slight glow on it if healthy you enter a struggle which if your helped they die in your place but you can escape but get hurt doing so

Well, thanks for the responses, they were even civilized. Had 9 Notifications and was a bit worried how hard I'm going to be insulted. :)

What additional objectives could there be if I may ask ? I always thought that killer kinda creates them by hooking people and getting others to stop doing gens and rescue them ?

Well just saying that depend if there a nice helping team if you get stuck with swf they most likely ditch you to gen rush I've seen it happen heck happens to me despite it being hook one they left me to die when they could have unhooked me first but as to knew things I would think the extra objectives could be laid out for levels like you have that steam barge in the swamp you could have to fix that (gen to get it started and then fixing stuff inside it and the back weeks to open the gate) more dangerous but more fun as you'd still need to do more gens for it