The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Spirit phase Walking, Different animation from normal standing still?

As a survivor (not main I’m an even split on both) playing up against the spirit SUCKS. You have no indication of if she is phase walking or not, and it leaves for very little counter play. For example, say the spirit stands still, you have two options, either wait, and hope she doesn’t phase walk around the pallet u threw down, or two, walk away and hope she’s not good at predicting (most likely she is). Let me tell you why faceing a NURSE is much more fair, she is the best killer in the game, but there is definitely counter play that’s present. You know when she’s blinked, if you turn around you can see if her sword or hand is up, knowing what she would do next, and she has a cool down which prohibits her from double blinking again. There is much counter play, unlike spirit, where it’s not fun to play against her. Here’s the solution, make it so her FACE does something if she’s in phase walk. Make it discrete so it would be difficult for the survivors to notice. And have it be a one time face change. Good survivors will notice, bad ones won’t, rewarding a higher skill ceiling. The sprit could Also simply turn around to hide it Or act quicker. Making pallet stand offs last much shorter and ultimately increase the pace of the game. I just want to introduce a small amount of counter play that doesn’t make facing her an unfun match up, or ruining her base kit and power

Comments