Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Lunging

ToxicTapp
ToxicTapp Member Posts: 63

Does anyone else lunge in your chair when you lunge as killer. I once lunged so hard I hit my head on my screen :/

Comments

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    ToxicTapp said:

Does anyone else lunge in your chair when you lunge as killer. I once lunged so hard I hit my head on my screen :/

LMFAO. omg I hope you’re okay.
  • Michiko
    ToxicTapp said:

LMFAO. omg I hope you’re okay.

I'm fine but mad because I missed the actual lunge.

Omg this is one of the best posts I’ve seen thus far on Dbd Forums. I just bursted out laughing 😂😂😂 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I've never had that issue on this game but I do know I'm bad for leaning my body from side to side when turning in racing games.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    ToxicTapp said:

That's so awesome!
  • mememanxd
    mememanxd Member Posts: 10
    Lmao yes I do it when I am really going for the maximum distance I can hit. And then I realise I did it and feel dumb. Lol
  • AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    When I hide behind a rock or something, I find myself tilting my head to look, as if I will see more if I myself look too. 
    Same in games where you open doors, I peek too.  
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ToxicTapp said:

Yes when I am in full trhard mode I regularly lunge against my table :wink:

• Michiko
    When I hide behind a rock or something, I find myself tilting my head to look, as if I will see more if I myself look too. 
    LOL! I did this when I played outlast 😂
  • qpwoeiruty
    qpwoeiruty Member Posts: 98

@AmorePrincess said:

I do this in FPS games all the time and I feel like a dumbass lol

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2018

Sometimes I'll do it.

I can't believe you hit your screen! That had me dying!

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@AmorePrincess said:

LMAO I do the same thing. I also zoom in on my screen to get a better vision too LUL

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one. I feel like an idiot when I do it.

Not always, but only when I'm going for a really precise lunge and a split second would make it miss. I don't know what it is, no other game makes me do it.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

With nurse sometimes lol

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    I do this all the ######### time idk. The first person view is for that purpose, to immerse you in the chase and make you feel like you are doing it. I love it! Its funny because while my bro plays battlefield, if someone shoots a rocket his way he ducks lol haha
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    ToxicTapp said:

I thought I was the only one, glad I am not alone. I didn’t even want to make a post about this but thanks to you for bringing us all together. 

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

No, I don't.
    That's some mental problem.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
    edited September 2018

Everyone that never did that is a robot. Beep bop!
    Also, I hope you didn't get a bump on your head! :p

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677
    not_Queen said:

Guess I'm a robot then. Beep bob! 🤖 ;)
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    I do this, and I try to look around corners physically >.<
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    I do this, and I try to look around corners physically >.<
    To be honest i do the same. I also use my peripheral vision as killer it really helps. Sometimes i catch the end of someones clothing, or the item in their hand. Its like a built in M&A lol playing survivor helps me alot as killer too and vica versa. 
  • Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532
    Regularly slipping off the chair here too.  Also, I look up as I look down to break pallets; so much so, that my eyes hurt. 
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    I usually lean into the lunge like it would give that extra inch for my weapon to kiss their back. Sadly all I get is a whoosh of disappointment. 
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    I lean into the lunge sometimes, then sometimes I'm a weirdo and wipe my controller along with the killer sometimes or wiggle my fingers with freddy 
  • MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234

Ive lunged so hard a few times that I knocked over my red bulls and glasses of water on my desk lol. They now have their own separate desk :D

• S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

I also lunge forwards slowly to reach the last few inches to place the hit on a surv. As my lunging will make me faster ingame to reach my target xD so stupid.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I lean in as well. What can I say? The game is immersive at times.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

*lounging

• Raven24
    Raven24 Member Posts: 43

I usually hold my breath when it's a critical moment

• ToxicTapp

This is awesome, never thought I would get so many responses. Let all the IRL "lungers" unite!

• ToxicTapp

@not_Queen said:

Don't worry, I didn't!

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Every single time i try to lunge after a blink with nurse, i think because i missed by just a bit so much.

On the other hand, i sway left and right when im using leatherfaces chainsaw to try and not hit something.
  • ToxicTapp

@Terrortot said:
    Every single time i try to lunge after a blink with nurse, i think because i missed by just a bit so much.

On the other hand, i sway left and right when im using leatherfaces chainsaw to try and not hit something.

Awesome, I think I was playing nurse when I hit my head, or it was Myers.

• ToxicTapp

@Peanits said:
    Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one. I feel like an idiot when I do it.

Not always, but only when I'm going for a really precise lunge and a split second would make it miss. I don't know what it is, no other game makes me do it.

You are not alone.

• ToxicTapp

@Skarkio said:
    Sometimes when I lunge at a 360°er I turn a little with my body, chair and mouse included! not to mention when it's a critical lunge... I put all the weight of my arm in that click, and somethimes, if I fail, I slip a llitle of my chair and I must center the mouse in the pad again!

lmao thats awesome