Is huntress worth learning?

Options

I have her level 5 since i never play her and i get gen rushed everygame and only reason i get 4ks is cause the survivors get too confident so i manage to get a 4man slug. She feels very powerful but is she worth learning? I have more fun playing as her then my current main whos billy

Comments

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

A 4man slug.

That just tastes bad in my mouth. 🤢

Don't play Huntress if you're going to play her like that. She is a queen. She deserves better.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
    Options

Yes. More rewarding to play as and practically inescapable whenever you reach god tier level huntress main.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

I don't play her much either, but I'm playing her now due to the rift and she's a blast. You'll get the hang of the hatchets soon! Once you do, it's so fun sniping people from a distance.

• zone_dymo
    zone_dymo Member Posts: 93
    Options

Sure? Every killer is worth learning, variety is the spice of life

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Well its because i play both sides so i try to be as nice as possible plus 4man slugs give less bp and pips and im trying to reach r1 and i need bp to level up my level 5 huntress

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Depending on your rank, you do technically need perks in order to cover up some of the fact that you're learning her. If you're on Xbox, I can also help you practice and I need to learn her too.

But yes. Totally worth learning. The most balanced killer in the game and one of the most unique by FAR.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Options

I am on xbox. If you want we can get in a kyf to take turns practicing later. tho if you want to get in a party chat just know i can't talk since my mic broke. Tell me your username so i can add you if you want

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Huntress is strong when it comes to 1 v 1 -ing and punishing crowded survivors thanks to her quick hatchet cooldown. However if people use their brain, do gens separately and don't go down quickly you will struggle every now and then even with perfect aim due to 110% mobility especially if you get a big map with many "closed pallets" (no los).

She's fun to play as but can quickly become frustrating when your aim is rusty. Also you have to control yourself even more than with other killers because if you run out of hatchets and still decide to go after someone you're literally just a HUGE hag without traps.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Yeah, uh. Which one?

You'll be looking for Reaper Andross, Silent Sausag or MidKnight#4342

I'll be on a bit later and usually play pretty late. Reaper is my main account, and the other two are just because I had issues syncing up my 360 account to a Microsoft account and I didn't want to leave them there. And I have other people who occasionally play, but they're ranks 19/20.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited May 2020
    Options

She's pretty unique and has her 1-2 combo for nearly instant downs. A short range hatchet followed by a basic attack for that super short cooldown double whammy. She's definitely more of a snowball character than a gen pressure character given how slow she is though. Sounds like you got the snowballing down though. She's probably one of the best killers if you are experienced enough. She can also beat down toxic bully squads pretty well which is always nice.

• zkelvln
    zkelvln Member Posts: 54
    Options

Id suggest getting monitor and abuse teachable from doctor if youre a huntress beginner. You will catch so many players off guard its not even funny

• Respectfulnancymain
    Options

Ok I'll add you on my alt account sense im too lazy to log onto my main account but i cant play for a day or two since im a bit busy

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550
    Options

I started playing her because of the rift and she's a lot of fun. It feels really good to hit hatchets, whether the survivor you're chasing is up close or really far away. I'm putting a lot of bloodpoints to level her up so that I don't have to rely on iridescent head for her 4k challenge.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

Definitely. Getting good on Huntress and landing long distance hatchets is some of the most satisfying gameplay in DBD imo.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

I like Huntress too and I think she'd be worth learning to use.

I personally just have bad aim so I'll never be very good with her or Tex.

It's much like other high skill killers, the better you are with them, the better your results will be and only practice will let you improve.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

When some survivor forgets what killer they're facing and out of habit starts teabagging after dropping a pallet and you chuck an axe at their face, there's just no better feeling. 😂

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

What i did was play a bunch of games refusing to m1. Didnt care if i won or lost. Just wanted to learn some aim and how hatchets worked. Im still not great (thats why i prefer smgs over snipers in most games) but i got to where i can hit people.

Also ignore add ons that mess with windup time. You dont really need them and do want to get muscle memory down.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,038
    Options

Shes extremely fun to play with a unlimited skill cap thanks to hatchets. A lot of players use hatchets solely for confirmed hits which makes her mediocre, but once you experiment what you can throw over or through small gaps Huntress really starts to shine.

The more you play her the better you get at hatchets and realize she has some incredibly powerful maps, some average maps, and bad maps. Yet even on bad maps you can always get shots and confirmed hits. While shes not the best on these maps a good Huntress can easily dominate a situation.

Confirmed hits are vaults and pallets drops or any other action that forces a guaranteed hit.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,780
    Options

When you watch the likes of Umbra, Zubat, and Ralph it shows how rewarding it is if you learn her well.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

It's worth it if you enjoy playing as her. You have to give it some time to actually know if in the end she's your cup of tea.

She could be a bit map dependent and at level 5 you will run into some difficulties not having a proper build. She has a bit of a learning curve, my advice is to be patient with your hatchets and don't over use them at short loops that you can't throw over. Also, I shouldn't be saying this, but a huge part of mastering hatchets is learning how to abuse the hitboxes, so you use them to your advantage.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,087
    edited May 2020
    Options

I find her worth it for those satisfying distant shots.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

I'd say so, if you're willing to put up with being bad with her for a while and put in the effort. There's also room to improve with her, and you'll forever find new holes you can throw through to get some pretty insane hits.

• Liruliniel
    edited May 2020
    Options

Wait you actually approve of the use of the holes people can shoot through?

I always figured was a keep quiet scenario.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

Why wouldn't they?

As long as it's an intentional hole and not some sort of error in the geometry that lets you chuck through solid walls or something. The holes aren't there accidentally.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Still dont understand why you cant throw through an open window if you're too close to it

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

Of course. You're able to throw through them by design. We would have sealed them up with some invisible collision if you weren't meant to be able to.

• Liruliniel
    Options

Fair enough. It's not like it was well talked about or something many even realized was possible task. I only figured because of my personality and when I thought I was getting good someone showed me how many places I had missed. I had always thought it was the see no evil, speak no evil, devs hear no evil kind of situation.

It's the angle from my experience.

See my reply to Peanits for the same reply I was going to give you when he replied.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

The mentality comes from how killers are expected.to.behave on the forums and via postgame chat

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    Options

I would say no. Huntress is great for noob stomping for sure. Which you do get plenty of games like that. But against really good loopers she just gets owned.

If you get good with her she can probably be rewarding. But I just never use the pallet and every huntress just stops and winds up a hatchet and gets looped on the same spot another 2-3 times. But I don't know... maybe there's a lot of survivors that don't know how to play against her as well. I just feel like against good teams they're going to make you feel like crap.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Options

Killers tell survivors to git gud all the time just like survivors tell killers to git gud on the fourms.

post game i get called toxic for a flashlight save just like how i get called toxic for slugging as billy

both sides are expected to behave but both dont

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

She seems too map dependent to me personally. It's why I'm never touching her again after this Rift.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Options

I can usually tell if a survivor is good from there movment and awarness so i can decide whether there gonna throw the pallet or not which gets me free hits if they throw it or if they dont

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

shes extremely fun and rewarding once you get the muscle memory down with her hatchets

also, most definitely one of the hardest killers to learn- theres a lot of depth to her if you wanna learn how to do extremely cool shots and things to throw over/through

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

I know she is powerful, but I don't have fun with her. I think that in loops she is horrible + her mobility just sucks. She is only powerful when in open fields.

And practicing aim is hard as ######### with her.

If you really like the character and her playstyle main her, if don't, you'll get frustrated.

• pizzamess11
    pizzamess11 Member Posts: 149
    Options

Shes easily a top killer in the right hands but shes is very map dependent. In door maps are her bain as well as maps with almost exclusively high loops like rotten cowshed. She also suffers pretty badly against corn blindness, but on maps with wide open areas and low loop wall shes very strong maps like bloodlodge and azuroths resting are her favorites, though azuroths is probably the best killer map in the game with how easy it is to 3 gen that map.

• Windfell
    Windfell Member Posts: 45
    Options

Playing and learning new Killers is a way to learn how to play against them too when you're a Survivor. It's good to learn every Killer even just for that.