When will they fix Spirit?

Options
Snowstruck
Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

Yeah, I'm gonna whine for a bit.

Yes, she is overpowered.

At least with Nurse, you can at least tell if she's blinking. You can't tell if a spirit is phasing. There is no indicator whatsoever, other than the sound- of which, if you hear, it's probably too late.

She's way too easy to play. I got a 4k first try on her with little to no effort. She is easy to learn, and with the right perks (mostly anti gen rush) you're pretty screwed.

Sorry for whining but, I'm done playing against spirits. You get spirits every 2-3 games while in red ranks, and if she's not even fun to play against. You can barely even get the satisfaction of out juking her because there is NO INDICATOR of whether she is phasing or not.

If you have a standoff at a pallete where you don't know if she's phasing or not, it's either vault it and find out she's not actually phasing, or wait and get slapped on the side you are on because you didn't know she WAS phasing.

The devs can easily add some sort of indicator.. so please. It's so unfun, the clusters of spirits, forever freddies, etc. At least freddies are somewhat fun, if it's not a ff.

Please don't argue with me if you have different opinions, if you do- just say them. If you're a spirit main, please. Just leave it be. There is no indicator that she is phasing so don't argue with me on that.

I'm down to listen to you on opinions- just don't be rude.. thanks. :) <3

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

"there is NO INDICATOR of whether she is phasing or not"

There's not supposed to be. No use complaining.

Here's proof.

This is an intentional feature of Spirit. She's supposed to be confusing.

If you want to beat this, assume she is both phasing and standing still when you see her stop. You will see what you need to do that counters both at the same time.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I've never seen this tip while loading into the game.

Holy crap, so standing still is intentionally added into the game by the devs?

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Yes.

There are like 50 different loading screen tips. Maybe more. I've only seen this one like twice ever, I took a screenshot the second time I saw it.

• Snowstruck
    Options

Hillbilly is counter able though except the animations are broken rn so SHRUG

Spirit is barely.. iron will on stridor is literally useless, and all spirits have stridor in red ranks, so that's not really fair to argue with honestly

Of course other people will like playing against her, but the majority will not..

She's just an easier nurse to learn..

There is no indicator, so if she fake phases while you're injured at a loop, you either get slapped because you realize she IS phasing too late, or you vault towards her and it ends up being a fake. It's really unfun and kinda stressful, can you understand why?

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

This reminded me of summer 2019 with all the spirit posts,when I myself complained about her. Then I started playing her later,stopped but I kind of figured what I need to do,to have the best chances of surviving in a chase against her.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    edited May 2020
    Options

so I got the spirt because she looked neat

Player her twice and thought wow this killer sucks I really want my money back.

Gave it a month or so of playing her another dozen times individually then I literally never touched her again because I don't like her power of running fast but no see where they are...

Its fun to see how she is like the most hated/ number one killer and I just think she's so lame... like fast running is all it takes to bring every survivor to their knees.. I can't help but think the 1hk killers are so much stronger... even the ones with ranged attacks but I never see posts about them.

Then again i play puke bae and gigglezap

What do I know

• Snowstruck
    Options

I would say start walking towards her when she's phasing.. IF you know she's phasing. But again, even if you have iron will, if she has stridor- it doesn't work. You're basically screwed, as long as the killer has ears on their head.

• Snowstruck
    Options

Best counter is gen rush

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

You mean doc, right? How do you feel about his recent nerf?

• Snowstruck
    Options

Like I said, you can be nice about it. And it's more so, guessing and hoping she's not faking shrug. You have no indicator. It's not a mindgame, it's more luck.

• SpiritLover1133
    SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 214
    Options

if you want to counter spirit, simply, don’t breath.

lol jk... spirit is all about guessing and mind-gaming. If you can successfully evade her while shes phasing then you got an extra 10 seconds chase. You only need to loop her 40 seconds to have 3 gen popped.

• Snowstruck
    Options

Yeah, yesterday we were joking like, "We should have an option for our characters to hold their breaths against spirit!"

• Snowstruck
    Options

Also this post was literally just me being salty because I am TIRED of spirits, I literally can't even DC anymore which sucks.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Coming from the guy with a Rancor avatar. 😂 Not biased at all.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

"you only need to loop her for 40 seconds to have 3 gens popped"

...your math is questionable. Unless gen speed got a serious overnight buff I dont know about.

• Snowstruck
    Options

It was a joke lol, I only play with swf and don't solo queue, so usually I tell my friends first LOL, and honestly the killer, if they're spirit in red ranks, has a very high chance of killing us so idc honestly, it's unfun to me and I want to be able to avoid it.

The only reason I hate spirit so much is because all I see in red ranks are freddies, spirits, nurses and.. thats about it honestly- I just hate seeing the same killer over, and over, and over again.. You should be able to understand why..

Of course I don't actually DC, but sometimes I want to.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Sure. That's partly why I took an extended break from the game. You know you don't have to play it, right? There are other things you can play. Take a break, come back later when you're less tilted.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I think it's fine that Spirit gets a free hit with her power. She's like Deathslinger but she also has excellent map pressure, perfectly balanced 😊

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    Options

Here I thought this would be about her duration addons improving her recovery, better than her recovery addons.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

You have an indicator on skins with long hairs. When she phases her hair goes into V pretty much. As far as I know it only works on default,hallowed blight,prestige and dunno what else. Although before,on some skins that had short hair,her head would bug out for a sec when she starts phasing. As for the stridor part,that's correct. Sort of. It still does something,but to a less degree. She can't hear you as far,and needs to be a bit more precise with her phasing IMO.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

Yes, Spirit is literally training wheels especially with Stridor. Shes not hard to master at all, just use your ears. For survivor it will always be a coin toss 50/50 but for Spirit it's rather 80/20.

• bubba_is_bubba
    bubba_is_bubba Member Posts: 171
    Options

Finally a real discussion.

The real problem i see in matches, in red ranks too, is that people commit always same errors:

1) You run, i know where you are with Spirit and i can follow you ez (try to fake next time and to go sneaky another direction).

2) Not so many people with Spine Chill, true.

3) People that keep doing gen when i phase close to them. Maybe they think i cannot hear them

"with the right perks"... yes and no. I've seen so many survivors spank me and fooling me like no tomorrow. In my opinion a lot of surv, in red ranks too, always do same errors: previous points 1-2-3.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

What is there to fix about Spirit when she’s not broken?

Powerful? Yes. Overpowered? Not by a long shot. Of course Spirit can deal with MOST survivors (if the Spirit player is good) because she’s a strong killer, but if you play Spirit for an extended period of time you will find out that you cannot win every match no matter how good you are. If the survivors are efficient and split on gens and have a good set up then you will lose just like with any other killer no matter how quick your chases are.

Sure you might think she is unfun but that is completely subjective. People have varying opinions. Doesn’t make her overpowered or broken though.

It’s annoying how people claim Spirit is “easy” and how she is “training wheels” because she’s really not.

• yikers
    yikers Member Posts: 94
    Options

Yea devs have never changed anything in this game at some point because it "was supposed to be like that". Not a very compelling argument.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

I always want survivor nerfs and killer buffs.

Killer is stressful, survivor is really easy for me

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Well if they haven't changed it yet then it's a completely valid argument actually. If they didn't believe it wasn't supposed to be like that they would have changed it by now, AND they would have removed the loading screen tips that basically tells you that's what you are supposed to do with her.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

What about Spirit requires special skill or dedication. She's literally just put on a headset and rock and roll.

• MegMain98
    edited May 2020
    Options

Not every killer needs to be on Nurse or Huntress level of difficulty to play. Not every killer needs hundreds of hours to become great with.

A majority of the killer roster don’t require a large amount of skill to play. This includes Trapper, Wraith, Hag, Myers, Doctor, Leatherface, Freddy, Pig, Clown, Legion, Plague, and Ghostface. Anybody can pick up these killers and do well with them on their first try. Even killers like Billy, Oni, and Demogorgon are not hard to play nor require a bunch of dedication.

You’re acting as though by playing Spirit you’re handed a free win. Go against good survivors with Spirit and you’ll see that it isn’t all sunshine and rainbows.

The ONLY reason people have an issue with Spirit is that she is arguably the second strongest killer in the game and she doesn’t take as much effort as Nurse and she gets almost the same results as Nurse. Same reason people have issues with Freddy. If Spirit was a bad killer you wouldn’t hear a peep out of anyone.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

You didn't explain why she isn't literally training wheels. She's easy and has good results. Training wheels by definition.

• MegMain98
    Options

And why are you bitching about it even if she is easy to play? As I said MOST killers are easy to play.

Easy and has good results. So is Freddy. Is he training wheels? Billy is simple to use and gets good results. Is he also training wheels?

Is Spirit was “easy to play” and was “training wheels” then a yellow rank could pick her up and play well on their first match playing as her. And most Spirit’s I see struggle. You know why? Because I’ve played enough Spirit to know how to prolong a chase. Something most players don’t do. You can’t play against a Spirit the same way you do a Wraith.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options
  • MegMain98
    Options

So basically the top tier killers that aren’t Nurse and Huntress are training wheels? Darn.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

I guess you could say that. Are you surprised? Low tiers are low tiers for good reason.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

As a Spirit main I can confirm that this is the purpose of Spirit! Giving some kind of indicator will defeat the purpose of her playstyle! Only reason why I excel well at playing against Spirit is because I know and understand how she think's. I might not always escape, but I can keep her occupied long enough for 1 and a half gens to be completed!

• MegMain98
    Options

You do know that a majority of the killer roster are “noob-friendly” and simple to play right?

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

You could train yourself on a bike using rocks taped to sticks, doesn't make those rocks training wheels. A training wheel makes it so you move faster and your bike doesn't fall over. Rocks and sticks barely do either, but do ease the experience a little.

• Lumionesty
    Lumionesty Member Posts: 98
    Options

Just like joelwino mentioned I think spine chill is on the same level as iron will when facing Spirit. It can be used in so many ways to identify where she’s phasing. Most crucial being moving out of the “husks” line of sight and seeing whatever it stays on. If it’s still on or blinking it means she’s phasing. This is a great tactic since it takes maybe going 4 meters to left or right to do. Also consider when you know she’s phasing to drop pallets on the side she doesn’t expect. When they see you drop a pallet they’ll go to the side that’s opposite to their husk, but if you drop it on the other side it can often trick them. I’ve caught even a lot of great spirits by doing this. Just like all killed s it’s about being unpredictable. Even though it might seem like you don’t have hope there are still things you can do against her so don’t despair.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited May 2020
    Options

Since your so obsessed with this idea that she's a "Training Wheels" killer I'll have you know that only 2 perks make her that way! Stridor and Predator!

And since you wanna say that Spirit is easy to use, I challenge you to use a add-on that makes her tough to play without any of her 'Training Wheels" perks called Mother-Daughter Ring and see how easy she is to use since she take's no skill

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Why would someone looking for training wheels want to hinder themselves?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

In my personal opinion, I think spirit is perfectly fine, I enjoy most of my matches against her and I personally love playing as and against her, I actually just had this match against her, one guy suicided on the hook but she definitely struggled.

You definitely need practice with her, if you don’t practice with her then good or above average survivors will be able to run you, at least in my experience.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

It's natural to struggle when trying out a new killer at high ranks. She may not be free wins, but she is one of the easiest for the most reward.

• AlbinoViera
    AlbinoViera Member Posts: 169
    Options

"Pallet stand-offs" are honestly awful. Not because you don't know what she's doing, but because standing still at a pallet or slowly vaulting it are probably the worst options a survivor can do. I main Spirit and the amount of people that do it is dumbfounding honestly. Why not leave the pallet then walk back a second later? Or carry on running and do unpredictable movements like zig-zagging, sudden turns, 180's, anything that isn't clinging to a single pallet? On a side note, Stridor, for some reason, makes people without Iron-Will silent and barely affects people who do have it, from my experience at least. A lot of Spirits don't run it because of how unreliable it is.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited May 2020
    Options

To me I only really find Huntress, Freddy, Deathslinger, Nurse, Demo and Oni difficult tbh.

Post edited by GrootDude on