When will they fix Spirit?

2»

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It definitely can be, as hag too if you don’t know survivors general movement.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I’m not saying Spirit isn’t a pretty straightforward killer to learn but if she’s considered “training wheels” then a majority of the killers in the game would also be considered “training wheels”.

Spirit isn’t complicated but she is one of the more complicated ones since she is 110%, relies on her power heavily for downs, has to actually know how to track survivors properly, and is more difficult when survivors are actually good and running perks like Iron Will. She’s not noob-friendly, you have to actually be a good killer to be good with Spirit. An experienced killer player won’t have issues but mediocre/average killer players will struggle.

I think she’s fine the way she is personally. I just never have any complaints when facing a Spirit, then again I always run Iron Will.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

Okay so I'm biased against spirit because I hate her lmao but here's my take on the matter:

When I'm equipped with iron will and the spirit is good and doesn't have stridor, I can sometimes have a fun match against her provided my team aren't pepega. I can be random, I usually have Q&Q in my build for more juking potential, and when the spirit does outsmart me I'm not salty because I've had a chance and blew it. It was a guess for her as much as it was for me.

When a spirit uses stridor... Forget that and throw it all away, burn the remains, move to Mexico and start a vanilla farm. Stridor on spirit is an absolute disgrace and anyone who uses it instantly becomes one of my least favourite people because it removes the one thing you can do against a spirit while injured; walk. She knows where you are. You're screwed. It's game over before it begins.i despise stridor spirit more than an old 4 blink noed/ruin/infectious/sloppy nurse on the game. She is the antithesis of fun and I hate it.

One of two things should happen to spirt IMO (again OPINION):

-Indication when she's phasing. This doesn't need to be some neon flashing sign saying LOOKIE HERE I'M PHASING but something subtle yet noticeable from across a loop would be amazing. Therefore you know she IS phasing but she could be stood still waiting for you to re-vault, or could be circling around.

-Injured survivors' moans of pain are omni-directional. You can tell how close they are but not where they are just from their moans. Footsteps? Fine. Scratch marks? Fine. Just not the moans of pain. This removes the one thing I hate about spirit above all else- the uncounterability of stridor and I'd happily take this any day of the week.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I agree. But I want those 4ks

I wonder if I would stress less if I didn't care how many got out.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Complaining about a killer and bitching that they take no skill, is training wheels, and only take good headphones is insinuating that you think they aren’t fine. I didn’t dodge anything homie.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Its not that I want the 4k

Well... I get tbagged nd clicked at by survivors who then flame me in chat and direct messages for letting them live.

The emblems say didn't do well if I don't get them all

The scoreboard shows me loosing

And the evil overlord I'm trying to please says he's disappointed in me. Just like my dad.

So like its neat bhvr says its OK to only get half... but it really doesn't feel good spending all that time playing a game and getting in the horror mood only to have every aspect tell me I failed.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yeah, I'm in agreement. They really have to adjust the emblem system for killers so you don't feel bad for playing nice

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

Don't know about your region but i am geting spirits like in every 10 or 15 games. And still easy to juke just need to get mind out of looping mentality like you use for other killers.

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

It's ridiculous you can't hear her phasing when in the terror radius, it's genuinely broken