Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Please tune down Hag and the nurse

Im seriously not having fun with this game anymore.. All day its been Hag and Nurse players only.. Oh what perks do they have? Ruin, Noed, BBq and chili and a pussies calling.. if its hag then swap out 1 of them for make your choice..
Im getting sick of vsing these killers. Its clear their overtuned over all the other killers in the game.. I want to say hillbilly too but honestly The Hag is just beyond all of them now. Hag and nurse.. play 20 games of getting these 2 killers over and over again it really sucks the fun out of the game especially when you just want to do fun unique perk builds and oh whats that its another hag?
To Devs please balance these 2 killers

Comments

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

Some thoughts on potential killer buffs (I have only played Trapper so far, but I have seen lots of footage of people playing killers):

Trapper - increase the default number of traps he can utilize. 5 is not very many, especially compared to 10 with the Hag (and she can teleport to them).

Huntress - throwing hatchets ought to break pallets if fully charged, akin to chainsaws breaking pallets when fully revved up. They can clearly be thrown harder and faster than just limping a throw, this could help off-set her slow movement speed and focus more on chases. Perhaps she can even have a secondary power (like the Pig's Ambush) in the instance she is on a map where throwing hatchets would be useless.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Heavily salted pudding...
  • serabeth90
    serabeth90 Member Posts: 100

@Esheon said:
    They are balanced. Other killers need to be buffed to Hag/Billy level. The Hag JUST got buffed, still requires more tactical thought and planning than either Billy or Nurse, and survivors already want nerfs.

All three of the top tier killers can be countered. There are posts all over the forums with ways to counter both Nurse and Hag.

Yeah....I play Hag, and it's called urban evasion everywhere until you find my Ruin totem :P.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

They can be countered, any killer can if you know how to play against them. Similar how people know how to play against: Freddy, Wraith, and others

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    edited September 2018

two killers made for countering looping....dont loop and they arent op all i can say. Even then they are extremely counterable.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

Actually a meta isn't determined by a killer's strengh.

If all Hags you face chose to stick to a specific meta you find boring, it's because they're not inventive. Not the fault of the character that has a pretty balanced skills/reward curve.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

But most always say she sucks, so it's completely fine. ;)

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    This thread makes me happy.

Maybe the guide I made with other Hag mains has truly created a new wave of Hag players..
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited September 2018

Hag is amazing with Addons, but that's about it.
    She got a bit stronger with her base kit getting a nice buff.

So for that much... Git Gud...

And on the topic of nerfing the Nurse, cause she's just so darn good at countering the one thing survivors know best, looping. Do explain what nerfs she needs.

I see a lot of threads for buffs and/or nerfs for various killers, and always noticed something interesting.

The buff topics always have lots of ideas, but whenever its a nerf post, its just that. Someone saying who and why they THINK said character should be nerfed, but they never give an ideas. Maybe because they don't need a nerf? Or is it just that hard to come up with ideas? I recommend thinking it through before making a post that just complains but doesn't actually solve anything, or add to the topic of.

On that note... Have a good day :chuffed:

• trendyfartknocker
    trendyfartknocker Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2018

And on the topic of nerfing the Nurse, cause she's just so darn good at countering the one thing survivors know best, looping. Do explain what nerfs she needs.

Don't you know? Anything that takes away the happy fun times for a toxic survivor needs to be nerfed to hell and back. Nerfing killers is the real survivor meta.

• Depy
    Depy Member Posts: 23

The nurse and the hag are good killers, alot of the other are in a bad spot, honsetly work on your looping and stealth. Of course they are gonna be running perks like nurses calling, ruin and bbq & chili. they are really good perks. So when i play killer i should say nerf urban evasion or nerf desicive because it helps them get away and avoid me? No i should practice and after a while i will be able to get them no matter what.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@trendyfartknocker said:

Don't you know? Anything that takes away the happy fun times for a toxic survivor needs to be nerfed to hell and back. Nerfing killers is the real survivor meta.

Don't you know that anything that certain killer mains on here don't like is toxic? Now see how that logic can be applied to certain killer mains posts as well. The real emta is extremists on both sides being jerks to the other side.

To the op Hag is fine where she is and people will play what they're doing the best with. IT's up to you and the other survivors in your lobbies to use their weaknesses against them. That doesn't mean go running in for an unhook and trigger all her traps as you do it either.

The nurse the only change most agree she needs is the removal of additional chain blink addons and make it so she has 2 as a base ability.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Giche said:

@powerbats said:
    To the op Hag is fine where she is and people will play what they're doing the best with. IT's up to you and the other survivors in your lobbies to use their weaknesses against them. That doesn't mean go running in for an unhook and trigger all her traps as you do it either.

The nurse the only change most agree she needs is the removal of additional chain blink addons and make it so she has 2 as a base ability.

On that we can agree.

It was also suggested to only keep one 1+ blink addon and make it Ultra-rare

1-blink base nurse would be horrible, you need the second blink to correct. I would be on board with removing the possibility of 5 blinks and making the +1 blink UR, though.

Maybe the guide I made with other Hag mains has truly created a new wave of Hag players..
    I was already using Hag as my main killer, but your guide and the folks on Hagger's Den made me much better.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Giche said:
    @Esheon

I was talking about her third blink.

_ I would be on board with removing the possibility of 5 blinks and making the +1 blink UR, though._

Is what i meant.

That's actually a very reasonable idea, although people could just run ward to protect it given how often that one appears. I thought about a different offering so if you want to keep your addons you have to burn an offering of the same quality.

This would be true for both sides so burn a purple ward to protect purple items but want to keep that ultra rare well you have to burn an ultra rare ward. This would keep people on both sides from having a stockpile of wards for keeping those ultra rare addons for 15-20 games straight etc.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Nurse is only op with the triple blink and a player knowing how to zone and predict properly, on the survivor end she is harder to 'loop' you have to find certain areas where she can blink into the wrong places or hit into larger and wonkey terrain. Besides that she has immense map control and you have to listen closely to her screams and where she's heading off to. If they ever nerf nurse I think they should just remove the 3 blink add on because you can be just forcefully zoned off where you eventually get hit.
    Hag is only op when team mates play poorly, she has notable weaknesses but she can really curb stomp bad teams. When you play against a hag you need to keep an eye of where she is on the map if you have aura reading for your team mates this is the best way, otherwise just do gens and run. She is the strongest camper and I find them having make your choice and just setting traps all around a hook. In a sense she is the most punishing killer due to this tactic. If players are just having issues the only nerf I could consider is increasing the distance from putting traps near hooks. I've had so many insta-nabs playing hag that it stops being funny after a while.
    There is a notable problem with these 2 outliers is that they are incredibly unfun to play against I find myself seeing most of the team dcing if they encounter a good nurse or hag since those killers can easily get a 3-4k before 2 gens are done.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SpaceCoconut said:

can you link me that guide on my profile wall? Thanks :smile:

• Esheon
    Master said:

@SpaceCoconut said:

can you link me that guide on my profile wall? Thanks :smile:

https://youtu.be/4OiP2gVja_s
  • Esheon
    Giche said:

@Esheon

I was talking about her third blink.

_ I would be on board with removing the possibility of 5 blinks and making the +1 blink UR, though._

Is what i meant.

Ah, I see what you mean. We're on the same page then.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Look at the user's name: "Sandbagger69", this is clearly bait.
  • Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Peasant said:
    Look at the user's name: "Sandbagger69", this is clearly bait.
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

substitute hag for braindead bbq hillbilly and i would agree with you OP

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135

I appreciate the guide but I think people wanted to play hag long before it. Hag is just a great killer overall.

Because I've played her for months and never even seen this guide before.
  • TheHag
    TheHag Member Posts: 9

The Hag did nothing wrong

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Hag is fine
  • Sandbagger69
    Sandbagger69 Member Posts: 60

Wow... Looking at all these comments makes me think the community is delusional. A good balanced-strong killer is Myers hands down. He can be OP with the right addons! Again ive been rank 1 on both survivor and killer and have been playing for a long time. Things that are overpowered: Hag, Nurse, Billy, BBQ and Chili, Ruin, Noed.. BBQ and Chili its one of those perks you have to take like it feels good I get it but compare it to the Survivor perk Were only gonna live once... 1 is just points and the other is points and auras making it a must take as killer..
    Killers that need a major buff: Cannibal, Freddy... I feel bad when I vs these killers I also play as leatherface and he feels sooo weak even when you put on purple and green addons hes stupid weak to these other killers.
    Things OP on Survivor: Decisive Strike, Self Care, infinite loops (kinda which makes killers like the Hag and Nurse broken..)
    I don't know how anyone can even argue with what ive stated.. Like go play the game.. Everything Ive said is 100% accurate.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Killers that are reliant on add-ons are not "OP". All Killers should be viable at all ranks with or without add-ons.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited September 2018

-

Accident, please delete it, mods

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Sandbagger69 said:
    Wow... Looking at all these comments makes me think the community is delusional. A good balanced-strong killer is Myers hands down. He can be OP with the right addons! Again ive been rank 1 on both survivor and killer and have been playing for a long time. Things that are overpowered: Hag, Nurse, Billy, BBQ and Chili, Ruin, Noed.. BBQ and Chili its one of those perks you have to take like it feels good I get it but compare it to the Survivor perk Were only gonna live once... 1 is just points and the other is points and auras making it a must take as killer..
    Killers that need a major buff: Cannibal, Freddy... I feel bad when I vs these killers I also play as leatherface and he feels sooo weak even when you put on purple and green addons hes stupid weak to these other killers.
    Things OP on Survivor: Decisive Strike, Self Care, infinite loops (kinda which makes killers like the Hag and Nurse broken..)
    I don't know how anyone can even argue with what ive stated.. Like go play the game.. Everything Ive said is 100% accurate.

Why is everyone complaining about the number 1 reason for killers to leave the hook?
    I´ll never get it. Before BBQ, the forums were full of "nerf camping" threads. Now we barely see them.

Ruin isn´t OP, because you can do 3 things with Ruin active: search the totem, hit great skill checks and gen tap. I honestly think it should be a hexless perk. Since it´s not really hard to bypass it and only serves to slow down gen rush.

NOED only punishes gen rushers and can be disarmed even before its active.

Myers can be OP with the right add-ons. But is extremely limited if he uses both of his ultra rare add-ons. He´s in no way even close to Billy or Nurse. Which can be deadly without add-ons.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

@Soren said:
    Actually a meta isn't determined by a killer's strengh.

If all Hags you face chose to stick to a specific meta you find boring, it's because they're not inventive. Not the fault of the character that has a pretty balanced skills/reward curve.

Not if the other builds are not viable. The strength of each build is incredibly important for instance Freddy's paint brush doesn't work well on high ranks as ambushing survivors and is useless against smart teams. Its better to maintain your movement speed and run time delay perks. Silent billy doesn't work either due to tr + a lot of maps are unfavorable for a slow charge billy chainsaw build. Its nice when you can experiment but dbds community is too competitive for fun builds unless you are a god at the game and are willing to suck up a large amount of losses with multiple copies of the adds on your using. Most of the cool meme's build require ultra rares so you better have some shadow wards or a large amount of the item stacked up.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

OP, just do this unless you want to see Hag become unviable again. She is now in a good spot and she needs to stay there.

• Karkadann
    Karkadann Member Posts: 56

Sad to hear you are facing problems. Right, you. And this game is not all about you. You play against other you and you have to respect the other you as they respect you.

The problem on the killer side is that they all got fancy powers -- on paper. But in virtual life the powers are no longer as fancy as on paper; nurse and seemingly hag now have a potential that others do not have, even spirit will be good for surprises in the future and have potential. So, people are not going to play the entertaining substitute for a lacking AI you can troll, they try to use the figures with potential to get an equal chance.
    You do understand that the opposing team is there to make your virtual life harder as you are doing it for your opponents, right?

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Zarathos

Hag is pretty versatile, and a lot of perks/builds are excellent on her - no need to run Ruin / NOED at all! In fact, the most effective builds are not especially the ones expected. Even Agitation is extremely powerful on her.

After the update, I will run M&A / Knock Out / Hex: Haunted Ground / Hex: Devour Hope ; I don't think that's your casual rank 1 Hag build ^^

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

"a pussies calling" so can we call DS "Douchebag Stab" or "Dickhole Slash"

Oh wait we can't because Decisive is a perfectly fine perk that isn't used by those who want to be the most annoying ######### in the game.

Also, maybe it's less of the killers, and more you need to work as a team. You know, in the team game? Because from experience, if players work as a team against any other killer, that poor guy is in for a hard ######### time.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Soren said:

@Zarathos

Hag is pretty versatile, and a lot of perks/builds are excellent on her - no need to run Ruin / NOED at all! In fact, the most effective builds are not especially the ones expected. Even Agitation is extremely powerful on her.

After the update, I will run M&A / Knock Out / Hex: Haunted Ground / Hex: Devour Hope ; I don't think that's your casual rank 1 Hag build ^^

M&A is the corner stone on any hag build due to her tr. Devour hope is surprisingly common. Knock out is not very effective around  swf groups. Espicially hag of all killers needs ruin. Your trap setting means your map pressure early on is non-existent as your laying traps. Typically devour hope may get smashed while running ruin but its a risk you have to take as games wil end extremly fast without it.

Remember these meta builds exist for a reason. Which is because survivours at the top will rarely ever experiment outside of an exhaustion perk, self care,  iron will/urban evasion and ds. Keep a running tally of what survivours are running if you don't believe me. 

Hag is a strong killer with a good variety of add ons that for a long time were unuseable due to massive downsides. Freddy for example should never use class photo as dream transition is increased. That along with other addons like red paint brush shich lowers your ms which again is to much of a downside to work effectively.

The point im making is fin builds are not always available to every killer because usually the addons downside is too huge to be played in upper ranks. Which is a shame as i wouldnt mind seeing a few judith tombstone myers considering how dramtically it changes the game. 
  • Esheon
    Zarathos said:
    Soren said:

@Zarathos

M&A is the corner stone on any hag build due to her tr. Devour hope is surprisingly common. Knock out is not very effective around  swf groups. Espicially hag of all killers needs ruin. Your trap setting means your map pressure early on is non-existent as your laying traps. Typically devour hope may get smashed while running ruin but its a risk you have to take as games wil end extremly fast without it.

Remember these meta builds exist for a reason. Which is because survivours at the top will rarely ever experiment outside of an exhaustion perk, self care,  iron will/urban evasion and ds. Keep a running tally of what survivours are running if you don't believe me. 

Hag is a strong killer with a good variety of add ons that for a long time were unuseable due to massive downsides. Freddy for example should never use class photo as dream transition is increased. That along with other addons like red paint brush shich lowers your ms which again is to much of a downside to work effectively.

The point im making is fin builds are not always available to every killer because usually the addons downside is too huge to be played in upper ranks. Which is a shame as i wouldnt mind seeing a few judith tombstone myers considering how dramtically it changes the game. 
    First, Soren is one of the better Hag players out there. Check out his YouTube channel, he knows what he's doing.

For the most part, the current Hag metas from the Discord do not include Ruin. IMO, Sloppy Butcher is a better slowdown perk than Ruin.

I constantly see killer streamers say "Oh, you have to have Ruin in every build" and then complain when Ruin gets cleansed in 30 seconds. It the perk is gone in 30 seconds, it didn't help you. Also, I constantly see survivor streamers reading chat and hitting Ruin skill checks with barely a glance at the game.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Git Gud!