Next 2 DLCs on the roadmap

Options

Do you think these last 2 DlCs will be the last. i honestly think it might sadly.

Comments

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    Options
    I also recall that at one point their goal was like 18 killers. So I suspect we have a second year of this roadmap
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

Adding content is cheaper than redoing a game. They are adding items to the shop and 4 dlc's a year is like buying a game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@ItzSoulz said:

No, the game will not die and here is the reason: There is a Cosmetic Shop added where the Devs think I get a lot of money. And it was about 5-6 months ago a video uploaded which means: This is just the beginning Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmBZ33GMbs0&feature=youtu.be

So the game will not die

Aha, can you please elaborate how a cosmetics stop being added prevents the game from dieing? Enlight me please

• Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315
    Options

No they won't be the last. It's just roadmap for THIS YEAR not forever

• Master
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    They spend 12 million $ on their license. I don't think they spend that just for fun.

Wrong decision are made all the time

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    I don't know why they would go through the trouble of adding that store if they didnt expect it to be operational for at least a year. I think we can at least expect cosmetic DLC. Now, as far as full fledged chapters.... this game has been out for two years and some change,  i think it's fine if only two more are made... Just so a sequel can get made in the next 10 years, and actually have higher production value than this game does. Lik an HD, actually frightening version of this experience, without the spaghetti code and BS.
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    They already mention having additional modes to add to the game. I doubt the game will be ending anytime soon. I think next year there will be another big patch or maybe before then. 
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

They might stop making killers and survivors, for a while. Really though, how many do we really need in the game... too many to choose from now.

They have to still pay for the rights for this game... Doubt the spent all that money to end it in a year... they are gonna take this as far as they can. They still got 3 years left to pay for those rights.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

depending on how much money they are doing, should be another roadmap after, but the ideas are running out.... a killer that may transform into a survivor will happen for sure

• Tradebaron
    Options
    Theres still a decent number of killer ideas to use. They also talk alot about lists of powers and perks and that they have alot of ideas. So theres gonna be more after this year for sure.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Possibly.

We're guaranteed 2 more chapters, after that... no one knows.

I think after 2 more chapters, we'll just get 2 more after that and then they'll be done.

I hope I'm wrong personally.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I don't think so. This game makes a lot of money and the devs probably have content planned until at least 2020.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

@BACKSTABBER said:
    depending on how much money they are doing, should be another roadmap after, but the ideas are running out.... a killer that may transform into a survivor will happen for sure

That is completely baseless speculation on your part. Though I like how you put "may" and "for sure" in the same sentence.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Options
    I'm not gonna hold my breath. Paragon by EPIC games was a great lesson I won't forget.

Just enjoy the game while it's here. Fretting over the future will just give you unneeded anxiety.
  • Master
    Options

@Iceman said:
    They already mention having additional modes to add to the game. I doubt the game will be ending anytime soon. I think next year there will be another big patch or maybe before then. 

Those mods can be fired any time again. I love the arguments you bring :lol:

• Iceman
    Options
    Master said:

@Iceman said:

Those mods can be fired any time again. I love the arguments you bring :lol:

What agruments? I am not agruing with anyone. I was just simply stating something that the devs mention before. And I said modes not mods, obviously we are talking about two different things.
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

That's why we should buy every DLCs to support the devs folks

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

@not_Queen said:
    DbD is in a really good place right now, we are not going anywhere!

The 1 year roadmap was made to give the Community some insight on our plans and reinforce the message that we are committed to the game for AT LEAST one year. As for ideas, this is a non-issue, our creative team has a lot of original ideas to toy with!

glad to see the company is doing well making money

plz tell ur creatives to add a killah that transforms into a clone of the 4 survs

• Master
    Options

@Someissues said:

I will buy the next viable killer :wink:

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    Options

I wouldn't be surprised if they continue with the content but at a slower rate. Say there was 4/4/4 of content this year, it might be 3/3/3 next. In what ever way they do it, the game isn't going to be abandoned just yet

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

@not_Queen said:

The 1 year roadmap was made to give the Community some insight on our plans and reinforce the message that we are committed to the game for AT LEAST one year. As for ideas, this is a non-issue, our creative team has a lot of original ideas to toy with!

Thanks for giving me hope bb :)

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

It's the end of the Mayan Calendar!

We've been dead all along!

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Master said:

@Someissues said:

I will buy the next viable killer :wink:

You gonna save a lot of money!
  • Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

The game is obviously profitable, they aren't going to abandon it anytime soon.

• Tradebaron
    Options
    Yup it's what I thought. Thanks for commenting Not_Queen.
  • Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

Just hope they add something new into the match, hag bringed totems, and the ping brought the rbt but we need more secondary objectives though

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited September 2018
    Options

Well, I've barely played the game (I have limited play time, and the wife likes us to duo-group in Overwatch), but was just on and, at Rank 20, spent around 10 minutes or so in queue as both survivor and killer, and finally just gave up.

Now, don't misread that: I am not calling the game out as dying. I know from the forums that Rank 20 is low population. But, that said, I've been watching it on the Steam Charts. It's been dropping players in August and the past 30 days, and right now is sitting at a little over 11k players. If it continues in that direction, it's going to trend back to where it was in Spring 2017, which was very low according to the chart data. If that happens, a cosmetic shop isn't going to do much, unless there are a disproportionate amount of whales in DBD.

Is the game dying? Not in my opinion. The charts show they just came off some nice growth over the May-July 2018 months. If the revenue is invested properly, they might have a decent safety net if the game does start suffering a player loss, and August-September isn't just pre-school year starting slump.

But as a Rank 20, it's a damned shame about the queues. Unfortunately, there are other games I can play where being a newbie doesn't give me queues that offer very few actual matches for my gaming time. I don't blame Behavior for that. The game is over two-years-old and the population is generally higher ranks, now, and obviously not pulling in enough new players. Just the nature of the beast. Shame, as it was a game I was willing to support.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

It's entirely possible that the next two could be the last, but highly unlikely. You know what would determine that? Sales. And it wouldn't be the dev's choice, it would be the publisher's choice. Luckily though, DbD still sells well to this day as does all of the dlc and the Auric Cells. I don't think the development will halt any time soon.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

It's a schedule for the year, not a schedule for the LAST year.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 576
    edited September 2018
    Options

They should keep roadmap intact for the next year.
    Add new 4 killers, 4 survivors and 4 map.

Other objectives in the future:
    New competitive rank system without SWF.
    Dedicated servers.
    New game modes 2 killers vs 6 survivors.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    Options

@not_Queen said:

I LOVE DbD AND I LOVE YOU TOO QUEEN! THX FOR THIS REPLY!

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

@TheBean said:
    They might stop making killers and survivors, for a while. Really though, how many do we really need in the game... too many to choose from now.

They have to still pay for the rights for this game... Doubt the spent all that money to end it in a year... they are gonna take this as far as they can. They still got 3 years left to pay for those rights.

But in order to keep a game more attractive to it's player new content would have to roll out regularly

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    Possibly.

I think after 2 more chapters, we'll just get 2 more after that and then they'll be done.

with the quality of the Spirit killer. it wouldn't surprise me if they stopped after these next two its obvious they have no clue how to make a good killer. all they seem to be able to make is very low tier or low mid tier killers.

• Iceman
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    Possibly.

with the quality of the Spirit killer. it wouldn't surprise me if they stopped after these next two its obvious they have no clue how to make a good killer. all they seem to be able to make is very low tier or low mid tier killers.

• raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2018
    Options

@TheHourMan said:
    It's entirely possible that the next two could be the last, but highly unlikely. You know what would determine that? Sales. And it wouldn't be the dev's choice, it would be the publisher's choice. Luckily though, DbD still sells well to this day as does all of the dlc and the Auric Cells. I don't think the development will halt any time soon.

DBD is self-published now. Behaviour bought the rights from Starbreeze for $12 million.

Which was a pretty clear indication that they think there are many years more life left in the game.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

@JoannaVO said:

But in order to keep a game more attractive to it's player new content would have to roll out regularly

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually come out with a VR version of Dbd.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Do you think time will stop at the end of the calendar?

• Master
    Options

@Kilmeran said:
    Well, I've barely played the game (I have limited play time, and the wife likes us to duo-group in Overwatch), but was just on and, at Rank 20, spent around 10 minutes or so in queue as both survivor and killer, and finally just gave up.

Now, don't misread that: I am not calling the game out as dying. I know from the forums that Rank 20 is low population. But, that said, I've been watching it on the Steam Charts. It's been dropping players in August and the past 30 days, and right now is sitting at a little over 11k players. If it continues in that direction, it's going to trend back to where it was in Spring 2017, which was very low according to the chart data. If that happens, a cosmetic shop isn't going to do much, unless there are a disproportionate amount of whales in DBD.

Is the game dying? Not in my opinion. The charts show they just came off some nice growth over the May-July 2018 months. If the revenue is invested properly, they might have a decent safety net if the game does start suffering a player loss, and August-September isn't just pre-school year starting slump.

But as a Rank 20, it's a damned shame about the queues. Unfortunately, there are other games I can play where being a newbie doesn't give me queues that offer very few actual matches for my gaming time. I don't blame Behavior for that. The game is over two-years-old and the population is generally higher ranks, now, and obviously not pulling in enough new players. Just the nature of the beast. Shame, as it was a game I was willing to support.

There are no players at those low ranks because devs decided to "protect" the beginner players and make it impossible to derank into the ranks 20-15. Of course, as a result only the beginners are in those ranks during their first few games and you will have insane queues.

I dont know who thought that this is a good idea, but well, now its implemented :lol:

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

@TheBean said:

@JoannaVO said:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually come out with a VR version of Dbd.

Which would be very interesting to many people so even more money for them. Whether the game still has ongoing bugs

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Considering how bad Deathgarden has flopped, I think DBD will be their cash cow for awhile.
  • not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

@Kilmeran That's a good point. Will bring the feedback to the team!