Blistering hot take: NOED is overrated

woundcowboy
woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

I have been playing survivor quite a bit lately (killer is my preferred role), which of course means that I have run into a variety of killers, many of them with NOED. Not even ONCE has NOED let the killer wipe the team out. I have been playing this game for two years and I can count on one hand the number of times NOED has given myself or other killers a sweep. The most common scenario is that the killer gets one or none. Keep in mind, this isn’t a “do bones” argument. Just be smart and the killer doesn’t get much.

Comments

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

It's true. I've given up on doing bones for one perk.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

A completely free kill, or more, for 1 perk slot seems like a pretty good trade-off. It means that pretty much no matter what you do, you will always get at least get 1 kill.

If you could equip 4 perks that all gave you a free kill that's the whole team.

There's so many killer builds that are strong enough to handle only having 3 perks all game, if they even needed 4 perks at all. Even if you somehow manage to screw it up so bad with an overpowered build it gets to the endgame, you can still get another free kill or two even though the survivors outplayed you all game.

• egocentred
    egocentred Member Posts: 25

NOED honestly is more of a mind game IMO than it is a good perk. Why?

"The community's IQ drops by about 100 points when NOED comes up."

This man gets it. NOED isn't good, it isn't even great. There are killers that have the same effect, exposed, built in and it lasts the entire game. The only reason people don't like the perk is because it is unexpected, and they didn't bother trying to play around it. Its a way better late game tilting tactic than it is for getting a sweep, and it mainly just punishes uncoordinated teams. You HAVE to work together if you are going to try and make plays against NOED as a survivor, and most groups will not because it isn't worth their effort. That is also assuming that the totem a) even spawned and b) doesn't get taken down after it does spawn.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I've swept up twice thanks to NOED, but yes, it will help get 1 kill usually. Its a fair perk.

Survivors get a hatch regardless of how badly they played

Killers running NOED are playing 95% of the game with just 3 perks

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

Except for the fact that NOED does not guarantees "a completely free kill".

It guarantees a "free down" (given that it activates in the first place), and probably a "free hook".

Haunted grounds and Devour hope have a very similar effect but noone complains about them (yet).

Yes, you can say "But I don't know that a killer has NOED until it is too late", but that doesn't mean that the game is over and the killer already won, you still have time to:

• Find the lit totem and remove NOED
    • Go save the unfortunate survivor who got hooked because of NOED (bonus points if you got BT and they got DS)
    • Open the doors and escape

Or you could even manage to rescue the hooked guy and escape all together without destroying NOED

NOED does NOT guarantees a free kill.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Completely free kill ?

So if I afk wraith for 7 minutes with noed you mean 100% of the time at least 1 survivor will hook themselves to death ?

Wow I've been playing the game wrong