I'm getting disconnected from the server and penalized.

Options
Coder
Coder Member Posts: 747
edited May 2020 in Bug Reporting

I'm already at 30 minutes penalty, yesterday it had to DC for getting stuck (while ######### survivors held the game hostage for 20 minutes tbagging instead of just repairing and leaving), and a disconnection from the server.

The day before that, the same. Now I had two disconnections from the server. The game just kicks me off the match, it says "you have been disconnected from the server", shows a disconnection icon besides the killer and I get penalized.

I'm already at the 30 minutes penalty. It's getting unplayable this way. Please at least reduce the penalties to 5 minutes until you fix these errors.

Post edited by Coder on
7 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

Please post about these sorts of issues in the stickied thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152610/need-community-help-random-disconnect-in-game#latest

Comments

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
    Options
  • Coder
    Options

It doesn't, and that's the problem. The "disconnected from the server" error is common now, I even see streamers getting this error.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    edited May 2020
    Options

Yea, Not sure the reason, but I've started recording this glitch and sending it to DBD. It's ruining the game. played three games after a 24 lockout, and deleting and reinstalling the game, and third one glitched on me and now i'm at 48hr lockout. PS4

• Brunno
    Brunno Member Posts: 52
    Options

The game is disconnecting all the time, I already received 22 hours and punishment, and now 48 hours!!!

will not play for a while

• cyzr_101
    cyzr_101 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    Options

Same thing happening to me. I don’t see many people talking about this glitch but instead about the “stuck in a pallet” one. I’m on a 30 minute lock out at the moment but I feel the next one is going to raise it. Please devs, many of us bought the rift pass and we can’t even play. At the very least disable the penalty until fixed. This needs fixing ASAP.

EDIT: Yup 1 hour

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    edited May 2020
    Options

Every glitch raises it, I went from 30 minutes to 1 hour to 6 hours to 24 hours to 48 hours.

One game glitch in between those. It's pretty insane how drastically they lock you out especially since it's their fault!

After the 24 lockout I uninstalled, reinstalled and got 2 games in, then the 3rd locked me for 48 hours.

I love playing DBD, but this is ridiculous. I'm going through withdrawal right now, giving them time to fix this, as I've mainly had this issue the past couple weeks.

If they don't fix this though, I believe it would warrant a class-action suit. But I really don't want that. I just want to play the game I've paid for!!

• Coder
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Peanits I never mention you, but this needs to be attended. I'm already at 6 hrs penalty, it's on average one DC per day.

Maybe if you get the "disconnected from server" error, lower the penalty, or maybe 3 of those disconnection meaning 1 normal DC, so people can't exploit the system nor bugged players are punished for the game being bugged.

This is the first time I passed the 5 minutes penalty and I'm already at 6hrs, and apparently it's worse for other people.

Post edited by Coder on
  • Coder
    Options

And again...

• Coder
    edited May 2020
    Options

Something else I'm noticing are random DCs, like people who are not ragequitting or anything, simply disconnect in the middle of the match for no apparent reason. Like a lot, like 2 or 3 per night. Yes, I know, probably they leave for reasons, but it's odd, it all feels arbitrary. I even had a guy repairing with me and disconnected without "standing up to press the LEAVE MATCH button", he was repairing and then DC.

Post edited by Coder on
  • liv071981
    liv071981 Member Posts: 27
    Options

This is happening to me as well. I went without playing for a day, to get away from the 15 minute penalty. First game last night - the game kicks me. Another penalty. So I just went to on play COD, since I don't want to incur any additional penalties on top of that. It is very frustrating for people who play the game as much as I do, and who invest in the Rift and other cosmetics. Clearly it is a cross-platform problem that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. I never had this issue before the latest chapter drop, and I certainly don't have it with any other game I run.

• cyzr_101
    cyzr_101 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I’m at work at the moment but does anyone know if the latest patch fixed this infuriating glitch?

• Hito420
    Hito420 Member Posts: 89
    Options

theres also sometimes where the game itself crashes, and yet you are still punished for that, there needs to be some kind of detection, i know used to there was an error report screen that would pop up if your game crashed, mine hasnt in a long time so i dunno if its still there, but its silly to ban people if the game crashes, surely the game closes differently if it crashes than if someone closes it or hits alt f4 right?

• k80bearthecursed
    k80bearthecursed Member Posts: 1
    Options

I keep getting disconnect mid-match and penalized for it. The problem has been going on for the past couple of days. It occurs when playing as the Killer and Survivor. I've had most of my issues playing as the killer. I'm playing on PS4. ☹️