Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What makes The Legion a "bad killer" in your eyes?

I personally believe The Legion is a very dominating killer, even in red ranks. From properly utilising Feral Frenzy to hit as many as you can for stall time, to keeping everyone injured, benefiting general gameplay for the killer as well as perks that require injuries. I have seen most Legion threads be so negative, saying the killer is extremely weak. I would kindly ask you all what your opinions are about this killer that left the community in such a bad mood.

Comments

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I don't own Legion, I'm just here for the opinions too but I will say...

Thanks for the dank meme :)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Primarily, the fact that their power is punishing to use regardless of how well you use it, but can't put survivors in the dying state.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'd say it's the fact that survivors being injured doesn't matter. Getting people injured is easy but downing them is where the problem kicks in. Against survivors who like to heal (I.e. Self care users) he is S+++ but against people who know how to loop and don't care about being injured they have nothing to help them. The fact they are small is the only help they have in chases.

Just think of plague without the corrupt and without the survivors coughing/showing sickness.

• SpiritLover1133
    SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 214

Any killer that is “ a walk up and hit you” type of killer is a weak killer.

Plague,pig,legion, wraith,oni, are the type of killers who have simple mind games like trying to cut you off or back peddling but experienced survivors know this stuff is old and don’t fall for it anymore. There is no much difference between those killers except for hight really. Looping Oni is the same exact thing as looping Wraith and Plague. ( All have same movement speed and same hight)

Only killers who have SPECIFIC looping strategy are considered strong. Like Huntress, Nurse,Spirit, and sometimes hillbilly.

However, many people in DbD fall for easy mind games which means you can still get 4k as any killer.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Legion’s power is just really lackluster. The fatigue completely kills it. Doesn’t even work well as mobility.

Honestly, canceling Frenzy should take as long as the recovery from a normal hit. So it gives the Survivor as much distance as being hit with an M1 but not miles and miles

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

Idk why people have such an issue with him from the Killer perspective. I don't think he is particularly all that weak, depending on whose playing him. A mid-range killer like many others.

Get a good Legion, with a good build and you have yourself a challenging match. A Legion with gen/heal slowing perks is a little rough, but a Legion with a Ruin you can't find is pretty dominating.

My issue with him from a survivor perspective is that his power makes the game boring...especially if the person playing him isn't very good or doesn't have an optimal build. Lots of people grasps how to run around and pressure gens by using his power to injure everyone but that is where their skill stops. So they injure everyone 27 million times, but don't commit to chases and don't get many hooks. Its the longest match of nothing but mending/healing. I do not look forward to Legion matches for the sheer waste of time they can be.

• Kyari
    Kyari Member Posts: 95

The generally viewed issue that makes legion a bad killer is that yes, they can injure people very quickly, but higher rank survivors know this and dont heal. So, you hit everyone, they mend, now what? You are an M1 killer. Without iridescent button, you are just as vunerable to loop trained survivors as wraith and clown which is why they are also considered low tier. Notice that all the "good" killers ,eg Nurse spirit hillbilly have ways of either avoiding loops or negating them. Nurse can blink through, spirit can phase around or mindgame, and hillbilly can VROOM VROOM and one shot down you or in worst case destroy a pallet extremely fast. Legion in this aspect doesnt have much. You hit someone, give them a burst of speed, and get fatigued for 5 w h o l e s e c o n d s. Personally I would either buff his cooldown or his cooldown addons, or give him something else in chase. One of the smaller and not really impactful issues is that thedeep wound status effect isnt really effective. It dosent go down in a chase, or even when a survivor is casually sprinting. But its just down to BHVR if they wanna buff legion or change the deep wound.

• Kyari
    Kyari Member Posts: 95

They are better than most people make out however.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Non-lethal chase power that prioritises chasing MULTIPLE SURVIVORS, rather than finishing off one.

I don't think that they're bad and in fact I think that it's more of a community perception of power being relative to ease of a 4k, more than anything. Legion is REALLY good to rank up with, since there is the whole "28 Stab Wounds" thing.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

They need adjustments, like 4 seconds fatique? ITS TOO MUCH...

Losing half of your power if you m1? What the hell is this? Make spirit lose half of her power aswell then, she's a lot stronger than legion.

You get punished if you hit survivors with your power, i mean, why? You just hit a guy with FF, no one's around so you have to cancel your power, get stunned for 4 seconds then go and chase the guy again like a normal m1 killer. If i hit the survivor again with FF, the survivor will get a speed boost and i will still get stunned for 4 seconds.. How is that fair lol

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

First their power can’t down survivors, it’s only used to injure and after that you have to chase normally. Second you get punished for using the power. Manage to hit all four survivors with your power? Here’s a four second stun. Miss a survivor? Take a four second stun. Wanna catch up to a survivor you just hit? Nahhh you big bully take a stun and let them get to a loop first lol.

Also you get punished for using a basic attack by not being able to use your non-lethal power for a bit because clearly it’s just too strong to use it right after you already hit someone.

Its just the fact that they get punished so much for using their power which already doesn’t do much.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited May 2020

Personally I think that the Legion is a good mid tear killer. Nothing special like Freddy or so, but also not that worse as the Clown, to name the extrems.

That said, they are bad in my eyes.

Where did the difference in my words come from?

First, they have taken with the rework many fun parts out of the Legion. Things thad had really made fun with the Legion, are not possible anymore or only in exchange with a feeled 3 million stuns. To that comes the frustration about the inability of the devs, that they doesn't see that, or simple not care about it. Sometimes with the excuse of "balance" and/or survivors fun, but ahm... "Hello, devs, I have pay for your content, can you please at least think a second about my fun too!?"

Second is, that you have with the Legion simple no chance against really good working survivor groups. And yeah, I know, it is rar to run in such groups, but it happens from time to time. There are some survivors out there, that know exactly what is to do, to make you feel powerless as Legion, even if you have a ton of experience with that killer and the reason for this is simply, because the stabs, the Legion can do in frenzy are not a threat anymore, for multiple reasons, thanks to the rework.

I say it again - to run in reason two is pretty rar, but when it happens you would like to bite in your keyboard as Legion player.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Legion simply has no ability to down survivors, only injure them. They're just a basic, m1 killer. And on top of that, their power is EXTREMELY punishing. Miss an attack? Gone. Get stunned? Gone. Exit FF? 4-second stun. Hit a survivor with a basic attack? Half your power-gauge drained. Run a few add-ons? Effect is borderline imperceptible.

And on top of all that, FF has 1 simple trick that counters it's usefulness almost completely: just scatter. It's really only good for a single quick injure at a time, which gets you nothing. Even Deep Wounds is borderline worthless: it has no urgency. I've actually had games against legion where I've popped the last gen, rescued a teammate or two and gotten out the gate that they opened for me because I was dancing around behind them at perma-1/4 bleed-out.

Don't get me wrong, I like playing legion, but their only redeeming quality is that they are a short m1 killer. Wow.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Mostly the 4 second stun every time you use Feral Frenzy.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

While I usually like playing as Legion, the biggy is when survivors just split up. When your on a map like bloodlodge where the survivors can see you coming from a mile away as well as can see every move you make...so no real mindgaming, while theyre spread to the 4 corners of the map so you cant hit more than 1 person with FF... your basically neutered. That doesnt mean he cant do well in some instances, but that you definitely can feel it when survivors know how to completely take away the pro of your ability.

• zireael_
    zireael_ Member Posts: 25

Too lazy to read the other responses so I'll just give my input :)

No way of downing good survivors. Injures them easily yes, but struggles finishing the job, similarly to wraith.