KILLERS! Tired of broken matchmaking? Let's do some fun stuff!

Options
Dwigtht
Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

We all know current state of matchmaking is a April the 1st joke which BHVR forgot to turn off. 

Someday, they will fix this... someday... (remember that meme from Westworld about someday?)

Anyways, while we (green/yellow killers) are being matched with red rank survivors... let's just make their life boring. 

The problem is red ranks are: 

1. Looping gods

2. Gen rushers

3. Toxic flashers (flashlighters?)

The solutions is this build: 

"Overcharge", "Distressing", "Unnerving Presence", 

The forth perk is up to you, but "Corrupt Intervention" fits really well. 

Best killer is: Hillbilly, because of his mobility 

The game plan: It is simple. just waste their time. Make them do gens:

1. Ignore all survivors. Focus on gens only. It is fine to chainsaw surv working on the gen, but no chases

2. Patrol an hit (with overcharge) gens as soon as possible. 

3. Do not hook or kill survivors! 

From my experience, this build is super fun. The longest match was around 1 hour and 20 minutes... 

and that was a mix of red ranks and purples. Those people just cannot hit that skillcheck :D

This would work for you greatly if:

1. you want to practice Billy chainsaw sprint and hit; 

2 You are trying to learn Nurse

Oh... sure this build will make you depip... but who cares now?

Please feel free to share your meme-builds, I will put a quick link in this message below:

(nothing to see here) 

Comments

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

That build is best on doctor for best annoyance.

• Dwigtht
    Options

Yes, Doctor could be good, but Hillbilly has a really good mobility, so you could preasure gens on oposite sides of the map :D

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Personally, I don't want to slow down gens; I want the survivors to do them fast so I can move on to the next match. I refuse to chase the survivors who run at me and/or motion for me to follow them; if they act in any way like they want to be chased, I ignore them for the rest of the match. If they teabag in the middle of a chase, I turn and walk in the opposite direction; they really bore me with that crap, and I'm playing for my entertainment, not theirs.

One of the things I enjoy doing lately is chasing a survivor around a safe loop, refusing to break the pallet. I'll chase them through all five gens if I can, never even taking a swing. Then, the moment the gates are powered, I walk away and open a gate. If they leave the loop before the gates are powered, I'll either continue running the loop by myself or I'll go off to a gen to find someone else.

I find it hilarious.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

I prefer to make them cry by face camping with bubba, or using iri head, or noed nurse. I might give yours a go though.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

One I've done a few times is snipe doc (range + beam add-ons) with no perks except haunted grounds and thrill of the hunt. Do nothing except protect totems, only chase, down and hook survivors that interfere with the totems and abandon the survivor (even dropping them on the floor while taking them to a hook) if a totem gets disturbed. It kinda relies on the totems being accessible to you, the best I got was thompson house where the three formed a perfect triangle in the corn, that resulted in a 2k with one DC somehow, all totems survived.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

If survivors can't hit unnerving or overcharge than they're doing something terribly wrong.

• bangbison
    bangbison Member Posts: 104
    Options

Man, I got a 3k with Doc and a similar build. I had rancor so I got one of those annoying pricks with it at the end. All were friends and two were red ranks. I was just chilling doing challenges and these guys come up trying to be toxic. I don’t mind losing and stuff if the team is nice and just do gens and chase. If they bait, click or tbag I just wait for a good op later on and catch them in a dead zone with their pants down.

• redarts
    redarts Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2020
    Options

I have the same problem with red ranks. When will they fix this?

You can't seriously call this a ranking system if the matchmaking is this UNFAIR. The colors and numbers are meaningless at this point.

Most of us killer mains struggle to advance ranks,when we are constantly pipping down do to being paired up with the more experienced try hards. You find yourself stuck in limbo, trying to steadily climb just to get kicked back down again.

This is ANNOYING.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 781
    Options

That was my thought aswell. If those red ranks can't hit skillchecks you can probably win against them even as yellow rank Killer without a special build.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830
    Options

Do this with doctor on the game and protect only 3 gens, you keep shocking them and kicking gens with overcharge. If you can manage to get a kill, a 3v1 situation in this scenario will end with 3 dcs, bcs the game will take 30 min or so

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Who misses overcharge skillchecks except rank 20s?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

So your definition of fun is 0 interaction with the survivors...you might as well not play the game at this point.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,097
    Options

Imagine having that much free time that you go into games with the specific intent of wasting everyone's time and not playing the game...

• Dwigtht
    Options

Try it! I am not saying they are missing all skill checks, no, they hit one or two :D

Sure, they are confused: I know what is going on and they are not, isn't that fun? And I am not constantly playing this game, does this count?

... Imagine having that much free time that you go into games with the specific intent of not wasting everyone's time and not playing the game...

• Dwigtht
    Options

This could work with Doctor, but only if the match gets "3 Gen situation", when gens are close.

Billy is a speed demon, so it makes the gameplay more consistent, event if those gens are far from each other

Maybe this would also work with Oni

• Dwigtht
    Options

I hear you. There is a huge difference between having red rank (like a real one, experienced player) in the match and not.

From my experience when the max rank you've got matched with is purple -- the game runs smooth for the killer, but if you at have at least one red rank -- as a killer, you could only dream about 1 or 2k.

Like my goal is to catch one -- hook one. Find another -- hook them (get 5 tokens on devour hope and kill them all). That's like fun... but no... with this unfair matchmaking you cannot chill and have some fun.