The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY WITH RED RANKS! NOBODY!

So I started playing killer recently and I'm actually appalled at how broken the matchmaking is.

I know a lot of people have already been complaining about it steadily for several years now but this is getting intolerable. You need to keep red rank players out of all matches except with other red rank players. I don't want to play with them and I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way. I'm mostly referring to red rank survivors. I don't even like playing with them when I'm playing survivor. Red rank survivors are a bunch of toxic little [CENSORED] and they essentially ruin the game for everyone.

At the very least remove the DC penalty so I can have the choice to pull the plug when it's due entirely to your trash matchmaking system.

Thanks K Bye

That bubba up above caused 2 DC's on the hook because I realized I was playing against red ranks and just had to chainsaw face camp the hooks one by one while they all tried to hook rush, body block, flashlight blind the whole time. Camping is literally the only thing that works against them.

Comments

• zkelvln
    zkelvln Member Posts: 54

i dont think you realize how small the xbox community is that results on getting matched with any rank.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

Yeah it's completely broken the devs on this game are a complete joke. They care more about cosmetic cash flow and their dress up whales then they do fixing match making and it shows.

Two games in for me tonight after a long killer break. 2 months and bam I am rank 13 going against a bunch of red rank swf.

God awful stressful matches. Welp back to survivor for me I guess.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

It's not a xbox issue at all.There was a time where the matchmaking worked the way it was supposed to,but a mix of not enough killers and some update leads to those massive differences in rank between the players.

• Cradmeg
    Cradmeg Member Posts: 22

I myself am only a green rank but I know its hard to play with the reds but in their defence it just shows that they log tons of hours and have earned their ranks by good play and strategies , on the other hand I sure there is a downside to how they got there too like not helping teammates getting off hooks or healing and running toward others teammates while being chased so it takes the heat off of them so they can get away ect....

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

the real sucky part is a lot of those killers in the lower ranks are usually wanting to try new tactics or new killers, and being matched against players with such a large skill gap is very offputting.

• Schulz_The_Ugly
    Schulz_The_Ugly Member Posts: 61

it's the same on PC...

playing killer is just awful against R1s..

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

You shouldn't get matched with red ranks tbh but not every red rank is good. Just looking at some of their perks can tell you a lot about how good they were. Unfortunately people who may actually be a similar skill to you are levelling up too easy as survivor and saying their red ranks when they actually aren't great.

Just looking at your devotion and level can also make a difference. I don't know if skill based matchmaking has been implemented yet but some red ranks might have a similar devotion and level to you.

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314

I've seen you post several comments elsewhere in defense of red rank survivors and SWFs. You haven't played that much killer at all have you?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

This is kind of why I was against DC timers on Xbox. There are already too few killers, forcing them to play against players like this really doesn't help retain them...

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Yea, matchmaking is broken because there is a lack of Killers. Hopefully cross-play will fix this issue though.

I don't understand the hatred towards all red rank players though. Not all red ranks are toxic.

• CashelP14

Been a consistent red rank killer for the past 2 years.

Sorry I had to make the joke lol

If I didn't play killer then it would be pretty pointless having every killer (expect Hag, Demogorgan and Deathslinger) with all the killer perks in the game.

Btw I don't defend swf, I just give my opinion on certain aspects of swf. I was just trying to tell you not all red ranks are these bully squads. Some may also have spent a similar amount of time on the game as you, difference is that survivor is much easier to level up.

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314

I don't really care if they're not all bully squads, I despise them like I despise hell.

• CashelP14

I suggest playing doom. Your soul objective is to kill the demons of hell 👍

I think if you play survivor and reach red ranks you'll see just how bad some of them are lol

I've had a player (Rank 3) tell me I have no skill, I should go play minecraft and that I'm being reported. The reason was because I slugged her lol it's almost like she was new to red ranks where killers need to slug to win sometimes. She also never looked behind her when I was chasing her.

Lastly I hope you get the "how you doin" reference. Only a select few will get it.

• jeecoodragon
    jeecoodragon Member Posts: 5

Yeah well it's not really hating the red guys, it's about the balance which just doesn't ######### exist in this game anymore. It's not fun to play, it's frustrating, annoying, especially when some rank 2 bugaloo is running around god loops and spams crouch :| Use to play a fair amount, because you know, I actually had fun playing killer and only mained killer with all survivor being basically lvl 0. I don't want to get better at the game in order to have fun, I should be able to join a match and have fun, not spend hours with wankers and only then somewhat enjoy yourself. The devs are the worst I have ever seen, "we're doing a pretty good job" use to be funny, now it's just ######### sad.

• jeecoodragon
    jeecoodragon Member Posts: 5

I'm loving eternal, it does get fuzzy at some times with the graphics, especially in battlemode

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

As a solo survivor player. I try to avoid red ranks and even purposely play like an idiot just to avoid it.

Why? Toxic tryhard killers. Both sides are bad. It isn't just killer who has it bad.

I just wanna have fun being the wholesome dweet that I am. Kinda hard to in red ranks though.

• CashelP14

Happy you enjoy the game man. I never had the same graphic problems so maybe I got lucky.

• Almehu
    Almehu Member Posts: 6

What are the developers doing though? Absolutely nothing, they literally don't care. Every match I play as killer I get all red ranks. I'm sick of it. It's just no fun, and you can't quit now either. Why am I punished because the game is broken? Sort out the ranking, and then introduce things like bans. The DBD team are an absolute joke. I can only assume they don't know how to actually read as they take no notice of feedback.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

The matchmaking is pretty terrible. But, as far as I know matchmaking isn't based on rank anymore, but instead your performance in your previous match? So, if you do well, you go against better players? I don't think that this has been a very fun way of doing things.

As an aside, initially, I never thought I would come to learn that the real monster in this game are the survivors, lol. Not all of them, but I've had more survivors be toxic than a large number of killers. Playing killer can humble you at times, whereas playing survivor just enrages you when you or your friend dies.