Moris Are Needed to Slow Game Down

Options
Windfell
Windfell Member Posts: 45
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

Moris are needed in DbD to slow the game down. I don't believe they are toxic and at times without a Mori games can be over for Killer before it gets going.

I disagree that Moris are a problem and should be removed - there may be an argument for making Ebony Mori's even rarer but I think mechancially they are fine how they are.

Could even be said that in some matches for the Killer to be "competitive" a Mori is definitely needed.

In summary, there is NO moral high ground to take in DbD. It's a game about killing and surviving. Not taking a Mori is not the "decent" thing to do...it's a mechanic to use. Good for you who "refuse" to use them, they are there for Killers to use.

Post edited by Windfell on

Comments

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373
    Options

agreed. My old rule was that when I used a mori, I cant actually start killing until Ruin dies. that way, the game still went at a reasonable pace.

Now Ruin is dead at all times, so I can kill whenever I want, and suddenly the game is at a reasonable pace again. Especially if I'm not a top tier killer.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited May 2020
    Options

Moris aren't needed to slow the game down whatsoever if you actually understand how to always do that with the killer you're using. They're just flat out broken, and almost guarantee a win when used.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

I don't think the OP thought it through when they made this thread.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,870
    Options

Can we just have one mori mega thread discussion instead of several small ones?

• Windfell
    Options

Not seen you make a single point to any discussion you have posted in yet...

I know what I said.

It's not skipping hooks, it's a catch up mechanic. Last game I just played a Legion had 1 hook with 1 gen left. Theat person then got Mori'd, and what do you know, they ended with a 3K. Not possibnle without Mori.

You're assuming I don't know what I am doing as a Killer main, and you actually make 0 point here towards the convo.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

If you want to slow games down, run slowdown perks and pressure survivors effectively.

I don't have a strong opinion either way about Mori's, but I never use them.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    Options

Mori's aren't needed to slow a game down. There's certainly other strategies that you can use to slow the game down. IE: tunneling the first guy to death hook and deleting one guy off the team. Which is what I see pretty commonly at high ranks. Mori is more the thing you play when you've lost a bunch of games in a row and the last team really pissed you off bad. So now you gotta take revenge out on someone.

Not that I'm complaining. You can do whatever you feel you need to do to win a game. But if you mori people over and over again don't expect the survivors to say nice things to you after the game. So don't run on here with a screen shot of people talking trash to you and be like wahh, this community is so toxic!

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,073
    Options

While a mori can slow down gens by removing a survivor from the game quickly, it's not needed at all.

If gens are being done too quickly then you are wasting too much time not pressuring the areas you need to. Best thing to learn is that not all gens are worth protecting. Focus on a close group of gens and let gens farther away get done so survivors have to come closer to you.

• Windfell
    Options

Not taking a Mori is not taking the moral ground as a Killer. I am not running on here upset at anything, its simply me stating, after having a Mori used on me plenty of times and having used a Mori plenty of times that they are not a reason for Survivors to cry and people get upset.

A Mori is a game mechanic, it is not abuse and whether you like it or not, slowing the game down comes in the way of many forms. A Killer can go from an easy 4K one match to a single hook the next. It is the way the game goes. Just as a Survivor can loop a Killer for 5 gens and then next get hooked within seconds.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    Options

No reason for someone to cry? Well I mean getting mori'd is pretty annoying. With how most people use it. You get taken off the hook you get hit in the head again and mori's right away. 1 minute into the game. Never had any chance to rebound from making your mistakes in that first chase. There's a lot of reason's why one could complain about it.

I get mori'd all the time. I don't QQ over it. But I know people who do. And if they wanna get upset about it then they're allowed to. Maybe survivors should have a mori as an option to? If a killer can't catch you in three generators the survivor pulls out a shotgun and 1 shots the killer?

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

If you think moris are "needed to slow the game down" then im sure your fine with ds, bt, swf, dh, adrenaline and keys

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

I mean, you can argue that about basically every perk, addon, or (some) offerings. Especially "second chance" ones.

If a Mori skips a hook, second chance perks do too. 😁

• Windfell
    Options

Part of the game. There is a counter to everything. Everything can be annoying. End the game, move on and kill the next Survivors.

• Windfell
    Options

If a Killer can't use something to help them, then maybe Survivors shouldn't be able to. Only way to do anything is get rid of all perks altogther. Have a hadcore mode for the pro players.

• Windfell
    Options

No, the hitboxes are broken. Moris actually work when used.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

Well yeah,you do need moris if u're garbage.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

And meanwhile alot of survivors escapes without perks like DS etc. (me included)

I guess they are not that needed.

(Dont understand me wrong, i dont have anything against DS as long as they dont abuse it)

• Windfell
    Options
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options
  • luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

I'm just speakin fax mate,just cause you can't play without moris doesn't mean no one can. I do just fine.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Go to any streamer who has played this game over 2000 hours and tell them moris are fine lol believe me even the biggest killer mains won't agree.

Just saying if you firmly believe this then I'd say add someone with over 2000 hours. Tell them to run a mori and tunnel if they want. If more than two gens pop I'd be pretty shocked tbh.

A mori won't make a difference in every game but the same can be said for stuff like keys.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

I don't think mori's need to be removed from the game. I think the tunnel/mori dynamic needs to be addressed because it's completely unfair. But if you NEED a mori to slow down your game...you might consider re-evaluating your play style. Moris are meant to be a fun, ultra rare offering...not the basis for consistently 'saving' your matches.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    Options

Don't slow down perks already exist, like pop, dying light and others? So couldn't someone in this case a killer, slow down the game, without needing a mori?

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

Mori's are not needed in this game at all. There are plenty of slowdown perks to use, you also have the option to get better and learn how to mind game loops or break chase and go after someone else. If anything, weaker killers like the Clown and Wraith need to be reworked in order to give them a little boost.

Mori's should only work on death hook.

This isn't to say keys aren't a problem, they are, and they need to change too, but they need to change both at the same time.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Moris are needed ... LOL ... never needed any for my 75% 3 or 4ks. But I guess I am OP. As Trapper Main. Without Addons. In Redranks.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,450
    Options

Couldn't NOED directly replace the Mori here and "help" that Legion get those same 3 kills? The main difference I'd see there would be one is preventable while the other is much less so

• Tarlonis
    Tarlonis Member Posts: 21
    Options

My opinion as a Rank 11 (yup middddddle) Killer is that Mori's are MUCH more interesting than a 3rd hook death by faaarrr.

When killed by one after only 1 hook it is a bummer because my game is short. When using my mori/Ruin as a killer I only murder after 2 hooks or LATE game because I don't care about winning so much as having a good game. Barely winning or Barely losing is still fun for me, as killer or survivor. Everyone knows what a 3rd hook or a spacebar slapping 2nd hook death looks like. Been there, done that.

My poor Ruin is destroyed 80% of the time so I never get that 5th pip kill...so Mori's are the only salvation for spicing up the End of a Survivor.

Never Camp, Never Tunnel, Expect to lose 1/2 your games and HAVE SOME FUN in the FOG!!!

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

I think there is a bit of difference between slowing the game down, and cutting the game short.

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153
    Options

Do you think it would be fair if survivors had an offering that made it so they only have to do two generators before the exit gates are powered? Mind you, the offering would be Ultra Rare, and therefore appear in every second bloodweb, just like ebony moris do for killers.

Seriously, if you unironically need to rely on ebony moris to win matches then I don't know what to tell you.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

Dont forget about the following ultra rare bloodweb items

Map, Syringe, Bulb, BNP that would also dilute its appearance

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512
    Options

So eliminating one person from the game slows the game down not make people gen rush and play immersed to avoid getting one hooked mori'd because at that point you're right it does techincally slow the game down but if you're not interacting with survivors at all is it really a game at that point?

I've seen more survivors kill themselves on first hook because of moris more than anything else. And mori games tend to be the shortest games so like...I'm not understanding this logic.