The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Leaving Communities in the Dark is NOT a Smart Strategy

The devs think that leaving us in the dark is a "good" strategy to build up hype, It's not. In your attempts to build up hype by being quiet, and saying crap like "Soon" only ends up leaving the community EXTREMELY annoyed. Knowing what the devs have done in the past "Soon" could be a week from now.

Saying something like "Maybe it'll be this week" will build up more hype for people. It'll be more helpful than what not_Queen has done by further annoying us with "Soon™". Soon could be tomorrow, soon could be next week, hell maybe even next month. Be a bit more specific and it will build up more hype.

Comments

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

Yea it's really annoying. I don't know why they are so against telling the community about release dates/times. Every other game does it without much problem. Teasing can be fun/cool/interesting when they do it with killer reveals and things like that. But can you name a single other game that teases the release date of already known/tested content?

• JetJenkins
    JetJenkins Member Posts: 14

I don't think they're strategizing, though. More like just having a laugh.
    Heck, if I was a community manager, you better believe I'd troll everyone here -- if I can get away with it like Queen can.

• Artorias
    Artorias Member Posts: 21

@JetJenkins said:
    Heck, if I was a community manager, you better believe I'd troll everyone here -- if I can get away with it like Queen can.

you would just troll everyone for 2hrs damn dude i really dont want you to be able to troll us

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@JetJenkins said:

It's an annoying way to hype the update, maybe make it more fun by posting a picture with the new killer and survivor or maybe the map, then hide the date somewhere in the picture. Instead of "Soon™"

• JetJenkins

@BigBadPiggy said:
    It's an annoying way to hype the update

At this point I'd rather laugh than cry. If I can't have the update I've been waiting two weeks for, I might as well try to imagine what it feels like to make fun of people getting butthurt.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

oh man!.... The sky is falling!

This is proof people can get their panties tied in a knot about anything.

• dcm03685
    dcm03685 Member Posts: 13
    The point of saying “Soon” is more than likely a joke from Queen, but even so, they’re probably not giving a specific date so they can wait for consoles to get certified and then release on all platforms simultaneously like promised.

Take a breather, go pet a dog and cool off
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

@karimew said:
    There was never any official confirmation that the release was today. I think YOU need to take a step back and calm down. It's a game. Get some fresh air lol It will come when it comes.

No one is saying that is is confirmed for today. But, the devs could very easily come out and say "sorry guys the update isn't quite ready today. We'll get it to you as soon as possible" and that would be fine. Instead of that we have non_queen teasing us with "soon" (I'm not blaming her. I know she doesn't have permission to give us the release time) It's just stupid to keep a release date/time this secretive. It doesn't make any sense.

• Sam00077
    Sam00077 Member Posts: 87
    Everyone getting so angry about it is just showing them how passionate people are about the game.
  • BigBadPiggy

@karimew said:
    There was never any official confirmation that the release was today. I think YOU need to take a step back and calm down. It's a game. Get some fresh air lol It will come when it comes.

I know the chances of it being today are very slim, but Queen's attempt to hype by saying "Soon™" on every post she goes to about the matter doesn't work for hype.

• JetJenkins

@dcm03685 said:
    The point of saying “Soon” is more than likely a joke from Queen, but even so, they’re probably not giving a specific date so they can wait for consoles to get certified and then release on all platforms simultaneously like promised.

If that turned out to be true and they're holding the patch hostage for PC for something as petty as that, people would throw a fit.

• karimew
    karimew Member Posts: 37

Being frustrated by it is fine. I get it, it's frustrating not knowing. But that's how they've always been about it and will probably always be. It's best not to get your hopes up until they officially confirm or deny things.

• BigBadPiggy

@dcm03685 said:
    they’re probably not giving a specific date so they can wait for consoles to get certified and then release on all platforms simultaneously like promised.

We aren't dealing with the ingame store and auric cells again.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Hm, only you and a few have complained so far though.
    Y'know, there's thousands of other players not complaining at all.

• dcm03685

@dcm03685 said:
    they’re probably not giving a specific date so they can wait for consoles to get certified and then release on all platforms simultaneously like promised.

That doesn’t mean they don’t have to go through certification again. Them not giving a date they’re not sure they can get all updates out is a smart idea so it’s not Clown 2.0. 
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

Kinda think OP needs to get a grip

• BigBadPiggy

@Boss said:

How many others don't know about the forum, how many others have commented on posts about it. I think there Is a LOT more than a few.

• Boss

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Boss said:

How many others don't know about the forum, how many others have commented on posts about it. I think there Is a LOT more than a few.

Good for you to think that.
    Lots of people also thought the update would be today.

You thinking things doesn't matter to me one bit on this topic.

• Artorias

@Boss said:

the others havent complained argumetn just sucks because well theres propably thousands of people who dont even know theres a new dlc coming anytime soon also with this argument i can just say the next time console gets an update a month later then pc well dont complain we pc players arent complaining so youre just crying without reason

• BigBadPiggy

@dcm03685 said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

@dcm03685 said:

That doesn’t mean they don’t have to go through certification again. Them not giving a date they’re not sure they can get all updates out is a smart idea so it’s not Clown 2.0. 

They why would Queen be saying "Soon" if they don't even know if "soon" is possible?

• Boss

@Artorias said:

@Boss said:

the others havent complained argumetn just sucks because well theres propably thousands of people who dont even know theres a new dlc coming anytime soon also with this argument i can just say the next time console gets an update a month later then pc well dont complain we pc players arent complaining so youre just crying without reason

I can't make out your grammar at all.
    If you want me to know what you're writing, formulate it properly.

• BigBlind7994
    BigBlind7994 Member Posts: 26

Its so funny to read all these threads about that the killer should be out today. it was never confirmed, so why all the wining about it :D

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    You'll live.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@BigBadPiggy said:

@karimew said:

I know the chances of it being today are very slim, but Queen's attempt to hype by saying "Soon™" on every post she goes to about the matter doesn't work for hype.

Seems to be working enough cause you made this dumb post about it.

• Artorias

@Boss said:

@Artorias said:

@Boss said:

I can't make out your grammar at all.
    If you want me to know what you're writing, formulate it properly.

im just trying to tell you that the argument you used is just useless and stupid

• dcm03685

@dcm03685 said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

@dcm03685 said:

They why would Queen be saying "Soon" if they don't even know if "soon" is possible?

Because it should be soon. They’re more than likely waiting for certification.
  • JetJenkins

@dcm03685 said:
    “Holding the patch hostage for PC” they made a promise to release updates at the same time- you guys already got to test the Spirit on PTB, you can wait a minute for her live release when everyone can get her.

They promise a lot of things, you know.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455

The same thing gets said every time. Most developers announce their DLC then drum up hype by releasing details until we knew everything about it. When they say "soon" it usually means that they'll be giving a release date soon, not dropping the DLC out of nowhere.

Before these last couple DLCs we wouldn't even know exactly which killer we were getting before they dropped the DLC (with no release date warning), just some perk descriptions. Thankfully they're using PTBs now. I guess this way is working for them, so they probably won't change it any time soon.

Still, a release date prior to release is prettttty common practice, and it would be nice...

• BigBadPiggy

@MandyTalk Any way you could close this discussion? I think it's gone on long enough.

• dcm03685

@dcm03685 said:
    “Holding the patch hostage for PC” they made a promise to release updates at the same time- you guys already got to test the Spirit on PTB, you can wait a minute for her live release when everyone can get her.

They promise a lot of things, you know.

They do, and this time it seems like they’re finally trying to make good on one of those promises. 
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018

It will be released in 50 minutes

stop complaining

• Artorias

@Someissues said:

stop complaining

source? or are you trolling?

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    LOL we’ve got to make a new word for the people who love to flame OP’s over their opinions all at once. Jeez, its not that serious. They posted how they feel about being left without confirmation or answers, not that they believe God is a woman. Calm down people. Anyway, I’m anticipating this Chapter too! :) Hopefully it comes out today or sometime this week. As long as its not another Clown delay I’m fine with waiting.
  • JetJenkins

@Someissues said:

stop complaining

And after that it'll be another hour, and then another...

• Someissues

@Artorias said:

Patches always come at 18:00 GMT 0, Tuesday, you would know this if you have been following DBD

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    edited September 2018

@BigBadPiggy said:
    The devs think that leaving us in the dark is a "good" strategy to build up hype, It's not. In your attempts to build up hype by being quiet, and saying crap like "Soon" only ends up leaving the community EXTREMELY annoyed. Knowing what the devs have done in the past "Soon" could be a week from now.

Saying something like "Maybe it'll be this week" will build up more hype for people. It'll be more helpful than what not_Queen has done by further annoying us with "Soon™". Soon could be tomorrow, soon could be next week, hell maybe even next month. Be a bit more specific and it will build up more hype.

My Hype is dead thanks for this Devs. Where is the point of delaying an update that we played and saw on the PTB that was almost ready for release? It only had minor bugs to fix, omg...

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940

@karimew said:

Yea they would rather troll us with the "SoonTM" instead of answering legitimate questions like the color blind support topic in the wishlist. It's went unanswered for WEEKS. 
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Does patience no longer exist?
    -If no one at BHVR said anything in this case : People would cry out about it.
    -If they gave a date/time that ends up delayed due to things out of their control : Everyone would lose their damn minds
    -If they make memey posts like SoonTM since they risk their job otherwise by giving info they literally can't usually due to company NDA/policy/whatever : People still cry out. 

Give them (BHVR and in this case Not_Queen being the messenger) a break. No matter what they do, someone will be upset.
    No need to riot over a DLC that was never given an actual date, just community driven speculation. 
  • ArkadyR3D
    ArkadyR3D Member Posts: 8

What does soon even mean? Soon could mean 3 weeks from now...

• Artorias

@Someissues said:

@Artorias said:

Patches always come at 18:00 GMT 0, Tuesday, you would know this if you have been following DBD

the last patch came out at the time everyone expected it to come out dont talk bullshit dude

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    edited September 2018

well this is the only game that BHVR had succes with ofc they are bad at marketing and building hype.
    and it only succed just bacause of a brilliant idea, not bacause they are good, sad but the true

• A_Happy_Wolf
    A_Happy_Wolf Member Posts: 4

They could have at least said whether or not it was being released today.

• Someissues
    edited September 2018

@A_Happy_Wolf said:
    They could have at least said whether or not it was being released today.

They already did, Queen hinted it so many times

yet so many people lacks patience and are so stubborn

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited September 2018
    We are not left in the dark. We don't need instant gratification. You should be satisfied knowing that it is being released sometime this week. Do not speak for me.

I like the teasing from the DbD devs. At least they release ######### quickly after being announced, unlike the Warframe devs who announce ######### a year ahead of release and the final product winds up not being able to live up to the hype.
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    HP150 said:

The same thing gets said every time. Most developers announce their DLC then drum up hype by releasing details until we knew everything about it. When they say "soon" it usually means that they'll be giving a release date soon, not dropping the DLC out of nowhere.

Before these last couple DLCs we wouldn't even know exactly which killer we were getting before they dropped the DLC (with no release date warning), just some perk descriptions. Thankfully they're using PTBs now. I guess this way is working for them, so they probably won't change it any time soon.

Still, a release date prior to release is prettttty common practice, and it would be nice...

Personally, I really love having the release being within as short of a time as possible as the reveal. I hate having an announcement hype me up and then waiting for weeks or months. By the time it comes out, it almost never was worth the wait with other games. DbD has virtually no wait between reveal and release. Sometimes reveal and release has even been simultanious. I love that.
  • BigBadPiggy

@Boss @Someissues I just reread my original post and realized that absolutely NO WHERE I was complaining that it wouldn't be released to day. So all of you saying i'm complaining about it not being released today need to check your sources to see if I EVER said anything about that.

I'm complaining about how they are so secretive about the release of a damn chapter.