The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Fix the Emblems

Vetrathene
Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Killers already have to work a minimum of four times harder (and I would say even more) then survivors do. Make the emblems at least fair in that regard. Especially since you say that you want killers to get two kills and then survivors get to escapes. Except killers can't rank up like that, so something smells like bullshit.

Comments

• Qicx
    Qicx Member Posts: 6

I agree, tbh im not the very best killer but il always manage my way to rank 1 somehow.

As you say 2k dpesnt do the trick, solo surv is a walk in the park in cpmparison (at least for me).

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Just scrap the Ranking system completely. Once we eventually get the MMR system it'll be pointless anyway.

And even now it's only real purpose is as a bragging right.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131
    edited May 2020

If a killer gets two kills, then doesn't that mean the killer is exactly where they're supposed to be? That would be a safety pip.

If the killer gets three kills, then they're a little better than the competition and should be going against more skilled opponents, so that'd be a pip.

If the killer gets four kills, then they're better than the competition and should be going against more skilled opponents, so that'd be a double pip.

If pipping is going to be used for matchmaking, then it needs to work in a way similar to that, keeping players of the same skill level matched against each other. If pipping is going to be used as a reward system, then yeah, getting two kills should be rewarded since that's exactly what's expected of killers.