Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A further explanation on the whole Jason/F13 situation. Update to my previous discussion.

So, first of all, I was torn on if I wanted to make this it's own discussion or add it onto my previous one. I decided on making it it's own thing because I believe it to be big enough for it. Onto the actual topic, so today, Riley from Slash n Cast really made a great video on this topic today. Please have a watch below, it really shines a better light on the situation. All credit goes to Slash n Cast!

So, it is possible BUT you would have to have absolutely ZERO connection to the original Friday. So, what are your further opinions on the matter?

Comments

• Feiten
    Feiten Member Posts: 204

I honestly don't care too much for Jason imo trapper fills his role quite well if not infact he seems to be molded with Jason in mind.

All he is really missing is a hockey mask. And as far as abilities go Jason could somewhat teleport. That's really the only difference.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

Imagine them Reworking Trapper and just naming him Jason. Trapper just went Super Saiyan God!

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I disagree, the devs most certainly could find some unique powers for Jason and to be fair, yes, Trapper is most certainly off brand Jason and as much as I love him, I'd gladly take the real deal any day. Plus, like my friend @MegMain98 said, Trapper is really only Jason in aesthetic and lore wise because I can only recall Jason using traps in the remaake.

• Cornpopers_Evan

It would be super hilarious to see, please do a joke event for April Fool's day BHVR! xD

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I remember one instance if someone caught in a trap. Never saw the remake.

Of course if they do get him it will probably be the remake version. With jared oadalecki (supernatural fame) as survivor

• Feiten

You "Disagree" and then leave it up to the devs to make his powers? Please name some of his powers besides super human strength, regeneration, and a slight teleportation.

Trapper is already Jason lite. He would be a waste of development we could have on an original killer. So when I disagree with you ill gladly give you a reason. Not just

" I disagree the devs can come up with his powers"

Going off Jason the only power he could really have is to put a built in devoured hope that's modified. He would be a walking mori. Again imo a waste of dev time

• Feiten

I mean you can sit and tell me they are different all day long but in the end even in your post the only thing different is the powers. So going off your post 90% of trapper is already jason.

So please again enlighten me. Other then a built in mori, with dbd limits In mind what could Jason's powers be to make him a fun killer and diverse from trapper.

I'll wait.

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

Also honestly the F13 Game fully represents what Jason is and does, along the F13 franchise as a whole. That person you responded to just described everything Jason does in the F13 Game and DBD will come nowhere close to respecting Jason like that.

It's would be a waste of a license character, would add nothing new or interesting, and they can't out do F13 anyway cause of DBD limitations on creative things/how the game mechanics work.

I love Jason but I dont want him in this game. Also dont want a repeat of Ghostface with no connection to its originally source.

For Ghostface okay that kinda works, but Jason is no random person besides in the 5th movie

• Feiten
    edited May 2020

Thats why I said within limitation of dbd. Everything you named is pretty broken.

If he can basic attack a pallet he would have to be the slowest killer

Built in mori could work but only if it was a built in devour. Still pretty broken

Whispers we have that in the form of a perk

You can't make a good Jason in dbd and that is the point I'm trying to make. He is great in f13 but none of that works here without dumping all over the survivors.

@Bovinity please don't quote me again if you choose to be illiterate and not read the post lm replying to, as the person I replied to said the frame, the weapon, the strength etc thats all of my time you will get for that.

Again trapper is as CLOSE to Jason as it gets without screwing him up.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Uber Jason may not be the Jason everyone wants but he is the Jason everyone deserves.

• csandman1977

So jason drives the survivors around the map while charging exorbitant amounts of bloodpoints per ride?

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 273

@Feiten trapper is NO WAY near close to Jason.

I have no doubt in my mind that the developers would love to add this iconic killer in the game and most certainly would do him justice. The developers are creative who dig deep and would definitely make him separate to trapper and definitely not a waste of a killer space.

Jason has killed 146 people (yes 146) in only 12 films In creative ways! He has more unique potential than any other killer and obviously lore would be different too.

There is no doubt in my mind that he would be a great addition to the DBD series

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Trapper actually like, uses a like, I'm cleaver, so like, that's NOT a like, similarity.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

" Jason in dbd? is it possible? "

Im not clicking that because they are not going to answer you that . All those click bait videos makes me sick already.

• Feiten
    edited May 2020

@Bloodwebs yeah Ok buddy. In NO WAY close.

@MegMain98 mmhmm

@Bovinity again if you do not read my post or the discussion at hand please don't reply kid, ty.

Post edited by Feiten on
  • Vidal_Signz
    Vidal_Signz Member Posts: 14

One of Trapper's default weapon is a machete, Jason's signature weapon. Throw on any one of his numerous heads that resembles a hockey mask and boom... He's Jason. And while Jason only used bear traps in the reboot, that didn't stop Gun Media as using them as one of his main mechanics in the game. Therefore, Trapper is Jason imo.

• ZtarShot

You missed the point. Trapper uses a cleaver, not a machete.

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97

But where is this built in mori idea coming from. I don't see any other killer having a built-in mori unless it's a offering. No it wouldn't be fun if a killer could just go around with a free mori on survivors.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Trapper's default weapon is a machete. I have not seen a meat cleaver for him. There are makeshift weapons, but no meat cleavers.

• csandman1977

I would say a power meter similar to devour hope. Every hit builds his power. After so many hits, 8 or so, he can mori someone. He would not be able to take out the final girl so to speak. But he would be unique in that the more people alive, the more threatening he is.

Again off the top of my head. I do like the have to grab a new weapon after every hook idea though

• csandman1977

He could even have a ranged instadown weapon that he has to collect from wherever it landed to use again.

Teleport between lockers

Walk through breakable walls or pallets on a cool down with little to no penalty

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

in my opinion the new killer will be candyman, but i think jason also has a possibility, even if it is minimal

(Why do people suddenly get a little aggressive with this idea? "NO! I don't want Jason! He will never be in DBD! He is literally the trapper!" ... brother, relax ... if you don't like it the idea of ​​jason coming in dbd, keep it to yourself, why wear yourself out with us? haha, just keep in in mind.)

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited May 2020

@ZtarShot

Those are not meat cleavers....need I say more. I even said he had makeshift bladed weapons. You have some reading comprehension issues, yeah?

I do love how you conveniently left out his default MACHETE! I'm looking at my Trapper right now and loaded up his Machete. I'm going to go get some survivors with it. Enjoy your day.

• Feiten

My point is you're wrong 😉

You made up a conversation that translates into jason using bear traps as an ability for dbd..no one said that.

They are indeed similar. If you can't wrap your mind around it idk what to tell ya, kid.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

As Always when this is brought up, every month, the ORIGINAL friday didnt have jason as a killer. Or in a mask. Or with a machete. So that is obviously not the hangups with this franchise...

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

About the fact that you omitted his machete weapon that he has as base? Nope. Just that one major point.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I'm not gonna pretend I'm super familiar with the Friday the 13th movies. Its probably been 20 years since I seen any of them. I can tell you though, I in no way associate Jason with traps. I haven't seen the new movies. If he was in game, I imagine brute strength would be one of his things. Perhaps kills with his bare hands. There's a ton of room for creativity though.

I liked the idea someone had about him using random weapons from lockers. Not the mori thing though, ew.

• Feiten
    edited May 2020

You... you can see emotions on a tile of text? Holy ######### batman.

I run a company and own cars people dream of, I have no attitude at all bub xD I'm all good, very Zen infact. Seems people are irked by me tho.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Theres no point in arguing with someone who can't take people having their own opinions & just has to be right in all aspects of a discussion. I would just dead the back and forth with that guy lol.

• Feiten
    edited May 2020

Look when you make a point and debate it over the obvious information its a pitfall to see what is infront of you

I've said in my opinion trapper is dbds version of Jason and that they are infact very similar. This dates back to the same post from 2017.

F13 used beartraps cause thats all jason can really do in a video game world. He fills a brute role. When I ask what powers can you name that jason has that u can implement into the game they just say " they are not similar " I can't think of the powers the devs can"

Why do you think f13 went with beartraps. Cause Jason is not all that diverse from trapper.

I think the devs should back away from licensed killers and make some more original ones

• csandman1977

I think it's more complicated than that. I mean he wrote the first movie. If im not mistaken, its the only movie he wrote. Yes he names Jason but only that. Hockey mask and what not was not him and im not sure how he could be given ownership of it.

Plus, how did the recently created board game get permission? Im nit arguing with you, these are just questions I would live to know the answer to

• Cornpopers_Evan

Well apparently, at least what is said in the video(please watch it, seriously) Victor has basically won but only the rights to the og film and only in the US market, at least to my understanding.

• Cornpopers_Evan

Alright, thanks, this entire thing is super wonky. :/

The board game and 40th anniversary box set throws a huge monkey wrench into it as well.

• ZtarShot
    edited May 2020

Did either of you even read the short passage besides look and say "uuuuuhhhhhhh that is ma sh et e! Pic ture is ma sh et e!!!"

The base weapon's name is The Cleaver. Not The Machete.

• Cornpopers_Evan

Honestly, I'm just happy to be receiving ANY F13 content, like, at all.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
  • csandman1977

Why does it matter what a game developed by people unrelated to dbd chose to do in that game? Also if i remember correctly, bear traps were A power not his only power in game.

Yes, i do beleive the devs admitted when they created trapper they took inspiration from Jason. That in no way diminishes their ability to come up with a power that seperates the two and makes each distinctive.

I get you could care less if jason was added. I respect that. I however would love to see him in this game. What are his powers? Well Ive listed a couple. They may not be great but i haven't thought much about it. The developers on the other hand, if they were to attain Jason would have to him justice. They would take more than 5 minutes to list ideas.

Also telling someone that their opinion is worthless because they can't come up with creative powers is nonsense. In the end all any of us can do is have faith that the developers can create fun unique powers regardless of original or licensed killer.

This discussion has been closed.