The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Am I the only one who understands devs hard work?

I know, you've expected that Shattered Bloodline (Chapter IX) will be released today (what's funny that date is based JUST ON RUMOR) but you should understand that they want us to have good content (You saw how PTB was bugged). It is hard to keep in check a video game. They are trying to give us cool content. You don't have to write a milion threads with titles: "WHAT ABOUT DLC?", "DLC WHEN?!" etc. If it isn't today it'll be next week :) probably they'll announce Shattered Bloodline in Thursday on dev stream on twitch. A little bit of empathy to developers :)

Comments

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    Yeah I understand
  • Zaije
    Zaije Member Posts: 38
    I understand but as for myself I'd like some type of communication even if a simple "Sorry not today" or "We don't have a release date confirmed yet but we'll keep everyone updated" 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Aftertaste said:
    I know, you've expected that Shattered Bloodline (Chapter IX) will be released today (what's funny that date is based JUST ON RUMOR) but you should understand that they want us to have good content (You saw how PTB was bugged). It is hard to keep in check a video game. They are trying to give us cool content. You don't have to write a milion threads with titles: "WHAT ABOUT DLC?", "DLC WHEN?!" etc. If it isn't today it'll be next week :) probably they'll announce Shattered Bloodline in Thursday on dev stream on twitch. A little bit of empathy to developers :)

I only see hard work being put into the killers animations, skins etc and then the balance team sets a few numbers and kills all the hard work :wink:

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@Aftertaste said:
    If it isn't today it'll be next week :)

Who said it must be a tuesday? Many updates came on thursdays, so it might just be a matter of a couple days.

@Zaije said:
    I understand but as for myself I'd like some type of communication even if a simple "Sorry not today" or "We don't have a release date confirmed yet but we'll keep everyone updated" 

They never give release dates, why people now assume they should? If people are hysterical and took for granted it was today it's not their fault.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I understand it as well, but in this community, having a modicum of understanding is anathema.

• Zaije
    Zaije Member Posts: 38
    Zaije said:

They never give release dates, why people now assume they should? If people are hysterical and took for granted it was today it's not their fault.

I know they don't do release dates but it's obvious a lot of the community thought it would be today and if it's not that's fine but simple post stating that would have helped. I personally just want more communication even if it's not exact dates, which I don't think is asking too much. 
  • Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    I mean, they could have just said that it wasnt going to be today...  

Sure it was just a rumour, but they did nothing to correct the misinformation.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Spiritbx said:

They had an official timeline. Are you going to blame a doctor for a patient who doesn't follow the treatment they recommended?

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Why should they need to correct the misinformation? Let us speculate. It gets people talking. Even if the community is wrong, at least the devs didn't bind themselves to a specific day. From a development perspective, having a definite release date is almost always bad news. It will be released when it's done. If that turns out to be today, cool. If not, oh well. And I bet that BHVR is probably internally seeing if they can push it out today because everyone is throwing a hissy fit, but if it just isn't polished enough for that, oh well.

I would bet money that the reason they dont say "not today" is because they are TRYING to get it out today just so that people will be happy.
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Same here, I wouldn't mind if they made changes, as a result, the live build got delayed, but if the changes are the same as on PTB with no other new changes many of us would be pretty disappointed , as that would mean our feedback is completely pointless

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    No I get it... I work in IT and releases are pretty complex. Given last chapter release I get the hesetency to give a date. More communication might help but if they can't release they can't release period. No amount of communication is gonna change that.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited September 2018

@Orion said:

@Spiritbx said:

They had an official timeline. Are you going to blame a doctor for a patient who doesn't follow the treatment they recommended?

When I play doctor I am indeed blamed by the patients who dont follow their "treatment"

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Dlc when? Only cause I love the new chapter and can't wait for it to be released.. :)
    But most of us are adults who won't die from waiting.
  • Rootlo
    Rootlo Member Posts: 82

People need to calm down and not hype themselfs up. We all already paid for the game and we play the game. If the Devs want to add DLC (Paid or free) then it is up to them and only them when and how they want to release it and if they want to give us any info on it at all. We already got our product, we cant start a witch hunt because the Devs arent giving out info on extras that they dont have to provide for us.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

Yes, it's obviously just you.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

@Rootlo said:
    People need to calm down and not hype themselfs up. We all already paid for the game and we play the game. If the Devs want to add DLC (Paid or free) then it is up to them and only them when and how they want to release it and if they want to give us any info on it at all. We already got our product, we cant start a witch hunt because the Devs arent giving out info on extras that they dont have to provide for us.

That's not how modern games work, DbD, although it wasn't when it launched, uses the model of a "live game" a low initial cost supported over a multi-year cycle with regular updates and dlc, financed by both chapters and cosmetics, in much the same vein as Rs6 or For Honor for pvp games, and that model has certain expectations.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I would rather want a stronger killer than a faster chapter release lol!
  • Rootlo
    Rootlo Member Posts: 82

@ToastfaceKilla said:

@Rootlo said:

That's not how modern games work, DbD, although it wasn't when it launched, uses the model of a "live game" a low initial cost supported over a multi-year cycle with regular updates and dlc, financed by both chapters and cosmetics, in much the same vein as Rs6 or For Honor for pvp games, and that model has certain expectations.

That is how games work. If they want to retain their playerbase then they will release DLC and updates and such, but after releasing the game that you paid for they have no obligations to do anything else with it. You paid your money and got your product.