Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A draw is a lost?

Ghostwithaface
Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
edited May 2020 in General Discussions
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/909/a draw is a lost.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

So a friend just came out of a game and show me this. For they were confused by the logic being used here and so was i, when i saw it. Where the survivors logic was, half their team dies. Now for a bit of addition information my friend gave them. The survivors logic was this. With them going on about how killers are op and if you don't get a 4k you suck. That why getting only two people aka half their team dead is a lost.

Which has lead me to ask this. If the outcome of a match, is two survivors dead. Be you killer or survivor. Do you feel that is a win? Since it seems like a draw for both the killer and survivors, since half the team is dead. Now maybe i'm wrong but i don't think half your team dying is a win. If i was a survivor, i wouldn't count that as a win for the team. If i was a killer, i wouldn't count that as a lost. It seems like a draw. Now i ask all of you. What do you think of this? Do you see this as a win for the survivors, a lost or simply a draw?

Edit: If you are wondering how the survivors escaped. It was due to finding a key during the match aka good rng in their favor.

Post edited by Ghostwithaface on

Comments

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506

Everyone must decide for himself what is a victory for him and what is not.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

Since the devs said they want a 2k 2 escape for them it's a draw.

I personally go with 3 -4 a win 2 a draw 1 or none a loss.

Heck killer cube used to count 2 kills and a hook as a pip condition or something like that

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

If i get 4 kills i won. If i pip i did good enough. If i get 0 kills and a safety pip its a draw, i only lose in my mind when everyone escapes and i depip (or 1 kill and depip). Theres a lot of ways of looking at it, just ignore the survivors. I had one tell me i lost the other day because i killed 3 on hook and 1 bled out 🙄

• Warhorse_Huntress
    Warhorse_Huntress Member Posts: 43

If I'm a killer or survivor I think that calling a match a win/loss is if I depip/black pip or gain a pip

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

No, you're right. Officially, and also in my personal opinion, a 2K is a draw. Those people probably don't play much killer.

• Ghostwithaface

To everyone i would like to say. Thanks for the replies. Many different points of views but all with very solid logic and reasoning behind it. Thanks for sharing your points of view on this.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I had many time dominate the Survivors, having 3K and the last one escape through hatch.

That last Survivor still had "gg ez", which mean he escaped = he won over me.

• Ghostwithaface

Which funny enough. Since you brought up the hatch. That how the survivors escaped in this match. Which is context i forgot to add in the op. Since my friend told me, the survivors found a key during the match. They had no idea a key was looted during it. Than the survivors escaped, due to getting lucky and finding a key. So they escaped, thanks to some good rng on their side.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I wish the emblem system reflected it.

As Hag I will often get a 4k brutal victory.

But it's not that big of a deal since there's no incentive for doing well in a ranking season anyway.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

Most trials end with at least 2k If I recall the statistics correctly.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2020

The logic used above for the 0-1 loss, 2 draw and 3-4 win is pretty solid, and will likely have more of a bearing after the MMR changes. It is important anyway because it seems to be the metric that BHVR uses above otherrs to determine viability of different perks and killers.

A 3K is generally a complete win for a killer because it usually just means the last survivor got hatch which is not at all a bad thing as a killer should not feel pressured to slug and play lame to deny hatch.

A 1K isn't really a draw for a killer because any killer can just camp a survivor and usually get a 1K - that's both frowned upon behaviour and not an indication of any level of skill. Also if a killer does nothing all game and gets a lategame hook, especially after EGC - it's much more likely it will result in a sacrifice, especially at weaker ranks.

So yeah, I think it holds up really well. Of course the longer answer is "it depends" because there are way more factors to consider, but to keep it simple that rule works most of the time.

• Ghostwithaface

Yeah sometimes context is very much needed. Since well there are times when say a random dc happens near the start of the match for some reason or a survivor kill themselves on first hook. Where in cases like that, yeah it would be alot easier for the killer to win the game. Which would not be a standard game. Since it becomes a three vs one, rather than a four vs one. Which favors the killer. If the killer takes the match serious and doesn't show a bit of kindness and just farms the match for say points, rather than treating it serious.