The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What are your unpopular opinions?

Cheers
Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

In dead by daylight there are many, many opinions, especially due to the amount of playstyles, killers and perks.

Most people agree on certain things like "Hillbilly should use BBQ" or "Demogorgon is a fun killer to play against".

They don't have to be killer related, that's just what came to mind.

So, what are your unpopular opinions?

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I think every Killer in the game is fine as is, they don't need much changes barring a few that require add-on reworks such as Billy, Bubba and Huntress.

Yes, that also means I think they're mostly fun to go up against, and the ones I do have issues with I tend to not be bothered with because it's just a part of the game.

With that said, I don't think "Fun" should be factored in when it comes to balance. If something you find "Boring" is still fine and alright balance wise, then it should stay that way.

• Cheers

I agree with all of them except NoeD. I think that needs a slight nerf that makes it related to your performance.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Pig is the best killer to learn....

Hilbilly is the hardest killer too learn

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Maybe a rework would be in order, but I don't know, I never use it unless it's a Nurse behind gates build to be honest, and I've got over it as survivor. (To satisfy my delicate ego, I assume the killer is learning)

• Cheers

That's the definitely a controversial one as a Hillbilly main, but overall it depends on the map and loop imo. To me if the survivor gives you the chance, take it. If there isn't an opening for a chainsaw, M1 them.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I've used it when someone unhooked in my face, but I generally use the mallet. Overwhelming majority of my chainsaws are from accidental snipes.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

The Kate hype is overrated.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Jeff is the best survivor.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

There's nothing wrong with "relying" on certain perks.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

100% Relying on certain perks for 4k/escape makes you a bad killer/Survivor

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

Hag is tied with Billy as the 3rd best killer in the game

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

Hate to break your spirit, but Lightborn doesn't effect lightburn

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

Wraith with the right build is surprisingly good. Lightborn tbh is totally worthless, sorry, but BBQ/Spirit Fury/Enduring/Pop and Purple Windstorm and Allseeing is a pretty nasty build. Just munch thru pallets and get windstorm lunges and you can 4k pretty consistently.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

No. And I think that getting a down with it by doing something SKILLFUL such as baiting out a pallet that they don't drop should be rewarded. NOT holding a chainsaw because you're in a range in centimeters shorter than Leatherface's IQ.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    1. Nurse is not "still the best killer" and anyone who says that is either a survivor main or has never touched Nurse. EVER.
    2. DS needs a buff.
    3. Pop Needs A 5% buff.
    4. Ruin needs to be a Non-Hex Perk.
    5. Killer's lunge needs to be shortened.
    6. Pill hitboxes are not acceptable.
    7. Freddy needs to put survivors to sleep by his own account, either bring back the Hand Animation or hit them to put them a sleep.
    8. Plague needs the movement slowdown of her charge time to be removed, she's weak already as it is.
    9. Oni needs to be 110% movement speed during his Frenzy.
    10. Legion needs to be deleted for the good of the game. I'll pay for all refunds including cosmetic refunds.
    11. A Winged-Nurse outfit needs to be the winner of the Draw A Cosmetic contest.
    12. Jane needs to be Exhausted when climbing stairs.
    13. Billy needs to be 110% speed already with a Red Bar Cooldown to his chainsaw.
    14. Huntress needs different animated Hatchets.
    15. Myers should be able to walk through walls to break them.
    16. Everyone who plays Deathslinger with Monitor and Abuse and Save the Best for Last deserves a 24 hour ban for playing so boring.
    17. Doctor needs a stupid red bar to his shock every time it successfully hits a survivor. He should at least be punished for missing.
    18. Ghostface needs a shirtless outfit.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

• Orion

7 - Freddy already puts survivors to sleep when he hits them.

10 - You have hundreds of thousands if not millions of euros stashed away?

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Basically wrong statements.

• BigBrainMegMain

Survivors shouldn't be put to sleep for no reason already. He's the only killer that gives survivors debuffs for doing absolutely nothing on his own.

Yes.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Bitter murmur is the best perk ever especially for piggy 🐷💖

• KnotEnthusiast

Good lord that's a lot of yikes opinions. Perfect for this thread lol

• Orion

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Herman Carter, the Doctor?

• KnotEnthusiast

Lightborn is a perk that accomplishes nothing but what the player can do themselves with a little forethought. Watch for flashlights in lobbies, bait out flashlight saves, or just look at a wall. It's a total waste of a perk slot when you could be using things infinitely stronger.

But yeah Wraith is honestly one of my fav killers. He's pretty basic, but I think he has a lot of depth that people overlook once you slap windstorm on him. The problem is that without windstorm he's dogshit lol

• BigBrainMegMain
  • DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Well the replies are just perfect as to why I think balancing around "fun" should never be a priority.

• BigBrainMegMain

Okay, I'd rather have Passive Madness than Swing Chains, Jump Rope being a debuff for just being alive for 60 seconds.

=]

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Nurse does "still have the most potential" and anyone who says she isn't "the best killer" is either a survivor main or has never gotten good on Nurse. EVER.

DS is problematic.

Rank doesn't actually have an impact on what happens during the game.

It's okay to try to have fun in DbD and you shouldn't have to tie your enjoyment to the game to how many kills you got or whether you pipped or not.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I like all Coldwind Farm maps.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I've been blessed with corn-vision immunity, Survivors will NOT lose me in cornfields & 360s WILL fail...

Okay i'm not perfect, but just saying they're mostly not safer there than in an open field.

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340

Nurse is not that good. Buggy low-mid tier killer.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89

It used to be Hex:Ruin needs a rework - boy did people hate that one. My request was actually the most downvoted suggestion on a reddit Q&A poll, and then like two weeks later BHVR announced the rework - I definitely sipped some wine and laughed maniacally at that.

I think my same old complaints about the terrible and sometimes neglected new player experience. A lot of people don't think it's worth BHVR's time or effort. That's a valid opinion, but I think mine is, too.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

i was gonna comment " ace needs a shirtless skin because he has chest hair. a ######### bush in his chest " but then i remembered that's not an unpopular opinion. everyone agrees (with few exceptions here and there like bubba mains and people who are bad at the game)

so. i scrapped that comment and decided to comment " legion is a mistake and must be deleted. a rework is not enough. he is and will always be a mistake and a shame on the game's history ". but i also scrapped this one because everyone except susie mains agree.

yet again. i decided to comment " everyone who plays freddy with 4 slowdown perks and double slowdown add-ons should be punished for holding the game hostage " but yet again. i scrapped it because everyone except midget with fedora hat mains agree.

and finally. i ended up in the comment " flashlights' add-ons need to be reworked. only the battery ones are useful. rest are completely worthless "

• YeetusDeeletus
    YeetusDeeletus Member Posts: 14
  • Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited May 2020

That the balance of a killer should be based around how effective base kit is. Deathslinger is fine, but Trapper needs some serious work (my opinion, of course. I can get 4ks with default Deathslinger no problem, and even play with rusty chain only sometimes, while trapper... they need something)...

Also, Aftercare is the best survivor perk because it relies on skill of the user to get worth from it, and helps the team out in the process.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

That forum agendas are a thing here and we have the same group of posters trying to get things nerfed in their favor.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

The shirtless stuff isn't funny.

Onesided games are not a "gg".

If you are red ranks because of swf, you aren't that good.

Old ruin was overrated.

Noed is still overrated.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

This. If I have the chance and you are out in the open why wouldn't I use it and instadown you instead of hitting you twice? But loops lead to a mallet hit and at that point I can't be bothered with the chainsaw

• CraftingSoup
    CraftingSoup Member Posts: 69

Yaomoka's Estate isn't a good map. IDEK why, it just is.

• Crazewtboy
    1. The Meat Plant is better for survivor than it is killer assuming you don't 3 gen yourself (especially on the same floor)
    2. Myers requires the least amount of skill to play out of all killers
    3. The Mori vs Key debate is stupid as both are mechanics in the game and both won't be getting changed any time soon. They are both cheap/annoying in their own way and it sucks to lose to them, but just head into the next game
    4. You can die as survivor and still win/have fun
    5. Fixated is a really underrated perk
    6. Adrenaline, Ruin, Dead Hard, Devour Hope and Borrowed Time are all fine where they are in terms of balance
    7. NOED only needs a slight tweak to make it more skill related, but should still have the insta-down
    8. Legion and Freddy are the most annoying killers to face given they have the right build equip, Ghostface is the most annoying killer to face in general
    9. The corn in this map is fine and does not favor either side (except Ghostface's power which really needs to be changed)
  • Crazewtboy
    edited May 2020

Not all of them are wrong statements. Everyone views things differently and no one can really have a wrong opinion. Although I do agree that some of the ideas I personally find ludicrous.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Spirit is extremely fun to play against. It's really satisfying to do well against one and it's pretty easy to avoid her fakes once you can see the phasing tells.

Hillbilly is hard af to play as. I've had the game for 3 years now and I've probably played billy enough to count with just my hands and I've hated it each time. I've even missed a free chainsaw; like when you trap them in one spot in a corner. I missed it.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

I call survivor perks crutch strike, crutch hard, borrowed crutch, crutchenaline, and uncrutchable

Because you should be able to make as many mistakes as possible and get rewarded for it