Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Perk ideas or game buffs

This will simply be a place to discuss ideas that will help the game be more fair and fun. Keep in mind that the ideas are meant to help like in the first given idea, a situation where a killer camps for no reason an example would be if you're the first survivor found, hooked, and camped from the start with 5 gens. Any other balanced ideas are welcomed.

To start I was thinking of a perk or feature that'll push a killer back if they are face camping. The way it works is, the game will detect a certain distance and counts for 10 to 15 seconds. If the killer is close (derect face camp or nearby by a small distance) the game will push the killer back a certain distance and will allow a survivor to come and unhook the survivor. If the killer tries to tunnel, the survivor will be protected for 3 seconds from the mechanic. The survivor that unhooked will not be protected by the mechanic and the mechanic will only activate if the killer stays close. If this is a perk it'll be in effect until there is 1 gen left or endgame. If it's a feature to normal gameplay it'll be active if a killer starts to do said camping from a specified distance till the 1 gen or endgame.

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Dead_by_chrissy
    Dead_by_chrissy Member Posts: 120

A good anti camping perk would be: If the killer is standing within 10 meters of you for more than 7 seconds, when you are unhooked the killer is stunned for 2/2.5/3 seconds.

A good killer perk to decrease flashlights would be: After being blinded by a survivor, your movement speed is increased by 5%/6%/7% for 7 seconds.

Idk fun perks to punish toxic playstyles.

• Dhaanm14
    Dhaanm14 Member Posts: 6

I don't know about the first idea. There are times when a killer should be able to see where the survivor is going. Say the killer has gotten no kills, and does have to camp to get the one kill at the endgame. At the start the game should be made a bit harder if the killer decides to not let the one survivor have fun, but also keep in mind about the other perks survivors can use ( Decisive strike, Borrowed time, ect.)

The second idea is honestly one of the better ones. But how would it be fair if it's the killer being toxic.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Have kindred be basekit... if the killer is in range their aura will be shown to all survivors (buff to solos)

Offer more tools for newer players to properly learn the game... cause imo newer players tend to be those whom learn that camping can have success... as for camping in general I honestly don't have a direct way to get rid of it and player choice has alot to do with how players see the game in totality

Teachable perks could be made a little weaker for the other survivors/killers... like Bond from Dwight... 36m aura reading on teammates could be 34m for everyone else... BBQ from Bubba... aura reading on survivors farther then 40m could be 42m for everyone else

Getting rid of the 2nd and 3rd tiers from the bloodwebs and making them only unlock the next tier up if used for x games, but spend the BP to get it

Adding a offering market to buy and sell offerings... so the only things to get off the bloodwebs would be killer addons and survivor's items/addons

Those are some ideas I have off the top of my head