Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Relating to cosmetics and the Entity

ZarinaKindaThick
ZarinaKindaThick Member Posts: 63

So, I don't know for sure if this is how it was meant to be portrayed, but it seems as if cosmetics are tied into lore as either transformations via the fog or memories spat out by the Entity (during its growth?), and so with this, it makes me wonder if the new cosmetics pertaining to Kazan and Rin could be interpreted as being something entirely possible, like Kazan actually turning into an Oni demon and Rin taking after her great times whatever grandfather.

Comments

• SeeYoureWrong
    SeeYoureWrong Member Posts: 88

Honestly the new cosmetics are confusing to me. The new Spirit cosmetic suggests she died while wearing that, which doesn't make sense considering why would you wear that to a restaurant. Assuming thats void in the timeline of her wearing that cosmetic though, her feeling her legacy would have definitely made her not die.

But Kazan's cosmetic is strange. I could be wrong but I believe the description makes it sound like he was changed prior to being taken. That's not to say it's not impossible that the Entity changed Kazan into what he hated being called the most, considering skins like Demogorgon's is, but it'd be obvious he hates that more than anything else. Sometimes though the cosmetic lore doesn't fit in with the actual bio, but Kazan hating being called Oni-Yamaoka is something that has to be true across all timelines he was taken, considering his demise would've been different because of it.

am i being confusing sorry

• Jordan_131201
    Jordan_131201 Member Posts: 91

The Entity can tap into any time, any place, and any universe, im assuming that what it did was just look at another universe where I guess Kazan turned into an actual Oni and Spirit following her great grandfathers footsteps?

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

I think of every Spirit cosmetic as an alternate timeline where she died at a different time. The only two that don't apply to this would be the blight outfit and the frosting hair. I think that the frosting hair would be an afterlife sort of thing, where after dying she learns about her ancestors and lets her anger take over and turn her into an even scarier Onryo.