Why you use MORI ?

Options

I am curious, i want to understand the real motivation for which you use MORI in game. Do you use it only VS SWF ? Do you use it because you have not so many hours in game ? Do you use it because... you hate SWF and the huge amount of information they exchange trough Discord, TeamSpeak, ecc.. ? Do you use it only when someone has a Key ?

Write your motivation, and let's have some laugh ! 😁

Comments

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

I don't actually like Mori's, so I don't use them.

But hey, survivors are nearly Jason Voorhees level durability, and a killer can't take a little flashlight waving at them. So I wonder who the REAL horror villains are in the equation? Gotta work really, really hard to actually kill those survivors.

• bubba_is_bubba
    bubba_is_bubba Member Posts: 171
    Options

I use MORI usually to punish the guys (or girls) who dare to use the Holy Key or to smash Survivors who are very salty in game (i am not necessarily going to use it in match, it depends on the salty level and the amount of "clicky clicky" and t-bag)

🤣

• bubba_is_bubba
    edited May 2020
    Options

Best comment until now : Animations + "the pink hair" 😂

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364
    Options

Usually I use them for a daily or challenge, nothing more.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

When i use it, i use it because i feel like doing the killing for once instead of having the Entity steal my kill.

• GRT_Alkaline
    GRT_Alkaline Member Posts: 226
    Options

My motivation to use a mori is.. I've got one I'll just use it. On The Hag I've actually got 7 ebony mementos sitting there not getting used as i don't always feel like using it though.

I don't think you really need a motivation to use one, apart from you just wanting to use it.

Plus the best part of when you use one is all the moaning salty morons that message after the match acting like they are the toughest people on the planet, what is honestly the funniest thing ever as it gives me an opportunity to wind them up.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    Options

When I find myself in times of trouble

Mother Mori comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

For a daily. For 60k I'll defenatly use one. Albeit usually a green one.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

One of three reasons:

#1. Daily / Tome. Sorry in advance, but I likes my bloodpoints.

#2. Deal with Super Toxic Survivors. If I remember your name and think "Oh great, this guy again..." yeah, you get Mori'd! Grats'.

#3. Deal with Super Toxic killers who switched to survivor. If I remember your name and think "Remember what you did to me? Payback's a [BAD WORD]."

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Why do you use keys?

I have a bunch of ebony moris but I rarely use them. When I do I forget I brought them. I like using Devour Hope a lot and if I get the 5 stacks I will mori someone. I feel I earned it cause I had to work for it.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994
    Options

Because i can. With optimal survivors able to do 3 gens in one chase. I need to quickly get them one person out the game to shift the favors too me. Esp with maps like ormond. But also as i stated because i can. Why should i care about survivors fun? They don't care about mine. So i keeled them.

• DemogorganDone
    DemogorganDone Member Posts: 4
    Options

Because I'm sick of OP survivors body blocking, hook blocking, endlessly pallet and scenery looping, endlessly 360ing etc it gets insanely frustrating to be trying to outdo 4 people in party chats all running toxic behaviors and perks that just are soul crushing for killers. So the second I see a mori in the bloodweb I get it and bring it into matches of very obvious teams. If they do another thing yet again to nerf killers I'm out and so will a bunch of other killer mains then good luck getting matches.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Occasionslly its fun 🤷‍♂️ same reason survivors tea bag, flashlight click and wait at the exit gate for 2 minutes for you to show up. They enjoy it.

I also have a hit list, i see those people they get mori'd. Them and anyone that gets in the way

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    Options

Cause I wanna eat heads like a right proper demogorgon. Though to be honest it's pretty rare for me. I'll mori everyone off first hook if I see a key though.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

For streamers and swf

other then that when I wanna show off my new skin

• lunaticlifter
    lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426
    Options

i use mori only when i see blendettes... i either dodge good swf(the one who i know), or accept the challenge without using high tier killer.. more satisfaction if i win

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 322
    Options

Me too!😎 I'm a fan of that beautiful spot in the middle on lery's, that lighting is just perfect.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited May 2020
    Options

Because I have feel betrayed and frustrated after the Legion Rework patch*.

The day after it, I had morie around and then left the game for months before I had done my first match again.

But besides this one day, I had never use moris, even I really want to, because I love the animations, but on the other hand I can't know before a match, if I will meet survivors who deserve beeing moried and I don't like to waste mories for nothing :|.

*Betrayed because I had never use exploits and was and I am most of the time nice to the survivors, imo. The patch had feel like a knife in my back and it had make me upset since this very day.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

Because I want to see four unplugged cables in the tally screen.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413
    Options

I'll use one just to put the survivors on edge, forcing mistakes. May or may not use the mori, really depends. It's just good to have them assume I will.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

cause one guy (Ivory Mori) or multiple guys (Ebony Mori) brought keys.

fighting fire with fire.

• Smeson
    Smeson Member Posts: 43
    Options

Because my objective is to kill

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,095
    Options

If i want a fast game i run them. If i wanna be an annoyance i run it on doc.

• angematias
    angematias Member Posts: 86
    Options

Only at "kill all survivors at all costs" master challenges since i have to guarantee all kills.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Might just be me, but if a killer has a Mori I make way less mistakes. I play a lot more carefully and put a lot more focus into the game. Yesterday a Legion brought a Mori. I ran like I never ran before, got gens done fast, and got out of there.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020
    Options

I was never a fan of the doctor but to each his or her own 🤷‍♂️. Usually when I’m up against the doctor some people like to be annoying and overly use his shock ability. I literally had gone against one like that about a week ago now.But not all main doctors of course Just some.

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458
    Options

Only for the dailies where I have to kill a survivor by my own hand. I've heard that people also bring in a mori when they see a key, but I prefer to use Franklin's and wear away at the key's charges (if they can even remember where they dropped the key that is)

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458
    Options

Same for me. I am WAY more focused on a match when I see a hidden killer offering.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,095
    Options

I'm one of those when someone unhooked in front of me with borrow time. I wait out the time with shock then hit. I usually run a slow heal build with distressing. After all that the shock get annoying to use especially against people who can loop you endlessly.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    Options

because i find it fun and the animations are cool

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Because there is a key or Blendette in a lobby

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

Only reason for a Mori is trash player

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    Options

I usually think something along the lines of "Hmmm, should I use a mori next game?"

The entity:

Then I think, "Nah, probably too toxic"

• bubba_is_bubba
    Options

Why everyone want to Mori blendettes, why ? 😂 You see those girls with a lot effort in game, is this the reason 😁 ?

• bubba_is_bubba
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA 🤣 Love you 100000000000000000000000000000000

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

I use it because it can help close the gap between me and the survivors. I'm usually in the purple ranks and it's not uncommon for a gen to be done by the time/before I hook a single survivor. Not too long after that a second one will pop and there's only 3 gens left and I've hooked maybe 2 or 3 people. With the survivors closing in on the end, moring a person makes repair times longer cause they've got one less person to work with. This gives me much needed time to catch up to the survivors in terms of completing my objective.

• bubba_is_bubba
    Options

And of course I use Mori because i am lucky. When i use it, right now, i get the second Kill, a glitch and a disconnection from the server (my connection is perfect). I have lost the Mori and my shiny PIP ^..^

PS It's not a prank, was happening right now. Im going to Mori second one, glitch and disconnection 🤣 O my god those bugs 🤪

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

I use a mori for a daily or a key. Or if I've been wrecked for a bunch of games in a row.

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49
    Options

Because I recognized you from a prior game. Doesn't matter if you were toxic, salty, gave me trouble or were a skilled respectful gamer. Everybody gets the karate chop.

Especially Davids because I am the true king.

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153
    Options

I don't.

They're boring to go against as survivor, and I don't need training wheels to play killer.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Depends, 4 blendettes, yeah ebony mori, but after that I just use them for dailies like kill a survivor by your hand using X killer, I would use D.Hope but with my luck on totem spawns I'm not risking it

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417
    Options

The game provides it so I use them when I feel like it. Nothing personal.

Why do survivors use add ons and items and map offerings ?

I would assume fun ?

At least thats my reason when I play survivor

• lesterisasweetname
    lesterisasweetname Member Posts: 19
    Options

I bring a mori if there is a character I despise, like Ash, Jake or Kate and if I predict their toxic playstyle. I also sometines bring mori for Quentins bc I love the boy and want to penetrate him at least with my weapon xd. I rather rarely bring ebony mori, if I didnt use one for a long time I just miss the animation.

• DarkPit
    DarkPit Member Posts: 87
    Options

Just for Dailys, used them yesterday for my last mori achievement( still feel sorry for such poor gameplay), and i am going to use them if i see a VERY obvious 3 or 4 man SWF.

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    edited May 2020
    Options

Because i get a daily ritual about "as Xkiller kill a survivor with your own hands"

i never run moris without daily about do it, because as survivor feels unfair, and how the proverb says:

Don't do what you wouldn't like to be done to you.

By the same reason i try evoid play running noed, rancor, decisive strike and adrenaline.

But sometimes i have to run adrenaline after being tunneled 3 consecutive matches....

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Personally if I see a swf, even though I wanted a normal match, I would think about bringing a Mori. I have more than 10 moris stacked on my characters so I also need to take care of them. But most of the time it's dailies tbh

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    edited May 2020
    Options

Many high rank killers will just equip a mori if they see a key. Action - reaction.