The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Calling it now.

Chewy102
Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

I believe this teaser hints towards The Creature from the Black Lagoon and I am going to, attempt, to detail why.

TLDR- It boils down to more or less this clip. Focus on how the water looks overall and what shapes the actress takes at the 2 minute mark then compare that to the teaser above.

Long details- I need to explain the teaser itself and my thinking beforehand.

First I am assuming the 4th teaser is using the same guidelines as the 3rd teaser who hinted towards Ghostface. In the 3rd teaser the font used for the 3, it being made of blood, and the background all was hints. The font looked like it was made by a knife and roughly looked like a Scream 3 poster. The 3 being made of blood supported it being made by a knife. And the background also looked like a form of white plastic. The other 3rd year images shown the same background and had other Killers in a black/white contrast, but looked somewhat like a negative.

That all pointed towards Ghostface and some here called it. They was right! Now let me put that line of thinking into the 4th teaser.

Before getting into it though I have to point out the skull within the teaser. I am choosing to 90% ignore it. That skull has unofficially been said to be part of the DbD's tally mark logo. I am assuming it has next to nothing to do with the teaser itself and is a red herring added in as a decoy. That teaser is in fact the 2ND teaser! When the teaser was first shown, that skull was missing. So I choose to ignore the skull as of now.

Starting out, the font used. That 4's font at first drove me insane. Spent far too long finding another text that matched it ending up with nothing at all. Then about an hour+ ago I noticed something else that looked like that font. A pair of human legs. In the clip above at the 2 minute mark you will see the actress's legs form a rough shape of the teaser's 4! it is backwards and upside down, but a pair of human legs is 100% able to make the font used in the 4th teaser. The clip also can explain why the 4 stretches all the way down below the image. At the 2:26 mark, the Creature wants to grab her by the leg and drag her down with it. All the way to the bottom.

This clip in my opinion proves that The Creature from the Black Lagoon fits the 4's font and why it oddly goes so far down.

Next is the gold used to make the 4 and spread over the background. Simple enough. TCftBL is from the GOLDEN AGE of classic horror films! Maybe this is a bit too simple of thinking, but it fits the gold used in the teaser and the teasers description referring it to be a "classic license". Not much else to note here in truth.

Lastly, the blackness in the background. I think it is water. At first I thought it was oil due to the skull ozzing black liquid. But after ignoring the skull and comparing to TCftBL, I noticed what shapes the gold in the background took. The gold are varying sizes and shapes of circles in and out of focus. In the clip above you will see that those gold circles look like air bubbles in water! Air bubbles in water look very much like circles of varying sizes/shapes that are in and out of focus to the camera.

Takes a bit of imagination, but the background looking like water makes TCftBL fit this part of the hint as well!

The Creature from the Black Lagoon fits all 3 parts of the teaser and it fits in being a horror classic. The odd font and shape of the 4, the background's colors/textures, and the gold throughout it. Granted this is my interpretation of those hints and there can be MANY ways to interpret a teaser made to be as vague as possible, so this could very well be wrong. But The Creature from the Black Lagoon is the first and ONLY horror movie I have found to come close to fitting everything. And it doesn't just come close, it is a near perfect fit!

Comments

• Chewy102

Guess Im wrong seeing the complete lack of opinions over 8 hours. That or no one cares about theories not about Candyman, Pyramid Head, or Jason.

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

Well, it's as good a guess as any!

So, we have so far:

Black Lagoon Creature

The Thing

Jason

Candyman

Pumpkinhead

Chucky

Puppet master

Gremlin

The Fly

Something from house of Wax (was not blood on the skull)

Any others I've missed?

• Zarr0ch

Alien Xeno

My Bloody Valantine

Pet Sematary cat!!!!

Werewolf

Pinhead

Poltergeist ghost

The Shining

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632

when they said it was a classic movie i thought maybe like Dracula or Frankenstein monster type of thing

• Zarr0ch

I did think of Dracula when they said classic as well. I hope it;s not though, far to much vampire junk in the last number of years.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I would love Creature from the Black Lagoon but I don’t see how they would implement his power as it should most certainly revolve around water.

• TheOneTrueTristan
    TheOneTrueTristan Member Posts: 85

Sadly, a lot of people just don't gravitate to theories about the oldies. While I agree that I wouldn't be ecstatic if it turned out to be The Creature, I can't help but admire the detective work ya pulled off here. You certainly aren't the first to suggest that they were reaching back to the Golden Age of Horror, but ya definitely blew em out the water in terms of your reasoning. Good #########, man.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Double check the skull for the black tears ;)

• Zarr0ch

also

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

To be honest, I would love to see Sam from Trick r treat. But that's probably far fetched and would never happen

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

While i love the oldies, not sure how they would fit this in. The creature was fun, but he swims. Thats it. Its the same as Aquaman in the desert.

Not saying you are wrong and the theory is cool, just i dont beleive it. Now if you said nosferatu.....

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90

Well the original monsters I believe were

Dracula

Frankenstein's Monster

Wolfman/Werewolf

Doc Jekyll/Mr Hyde

Monster from the Black Lagoon

The Blob (my mom really would love to see it on the game, for a senior lady, she's pretty chill)

I would love to see the Wishmaster brought in at some point. Or the lady from Dead Silence.

• Zarr0ch

The Mummy was also a classic from this era.

Plus the dev's are all posting cat photos on twitter, and imotep was scared of cats....so....

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90

In a lot of old ghost stories ghosties are scared of cats or cats are the guardians of the underworld and take wayward souls back. I will note, it's mainly European mythos and also found in Egyptian stories.

It's also why the salt for luck makes me giggle.

• dfntlynotSCP049
    dfntlynotSCP049 Member Posts: 23

Creature is my favorite classic monster. I'd love to see him in the game! However, it's an incredibly slight chance we'll see him. My money's on the Xenomorph. The gold seems to almost cut into the background like acid blood. The black background and sleek sheen over it all remind me of the alien's exoskeleton.

• Chewy102

Agreed that I don't see a good power from the Creature. Maybe they could do something of a Wraith/Demogorgon hybrid of the Creature swimming under the map for faster travel. But that wouldn't work in maps with multiple levels or 2 story buildings.

A form of sonar might work as a tracking power like Doctor.

Maybe reuse the water fountains from the Plague and the Creature can gain temporary buffs from wetting himself with a counter effect of getting debuffs when dried out. Sorta like a reverse Oni. Starts strong but quickly weakens over time as he uses his buffs.

What ever the power is, that's for the devs to make. But if nothing else. The Creature has been shown time and time again strong enough to crush a mans skull or strangle someone within seconds. So it clearly wouldn't need much help in killing random Survivors.

• TinyMoon3
    TinyMoon3 Member Posts: 45

A month ago, I was thinking how awesome it would be to add Imhotep from The Mummy. Even tho the Mummy movies arent technically Horror movies. But Imhotep, Scorpion King, and the Dragon Emperor would be interesting additions to the game. I'd buy em instantly!

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I'd love a CftBL chapter. Cool theory, man. A lot more convincing than pyramid head

• Therigger
    Therigger Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2020

It´s insane, but I had a dream yesterday about a killer based in Creature from Black Lagoon (no jk, lol). I ran here and created an account in the forums to write the idea up. First though, I searched for discussions in the forums that could be adhering to this idea before me, and I found some. The speculation here of the new teaser is really interesting. In the dream, I was playing as the new killer and in a new map, some sort of island with many water areas, bridges and some campfires. The interesting part is that all the survivors came up in these diving suits.

Today I talked with my friend about this idea, and developed it a bit further from the dream. It would be necessary, I think, that all realms in the TCftBL chapter would have water areas. The part from my dream were all players swim on it, I don´t know if that would be possible, since it would lead to a whole new level of programming, very unusual in the game. It would be quite unique though.

Imagine if we had mechanics of diving into the water and coming out to the surface to repair gens surrounded by water. In the dream I remember the hooks were localized in the surface. But If there was a chance of some hooks underwater as well (working as basement)? The way I see it, it would be awesome!

The core aspect of a possible TftBL chapter should reside in a water segment, since the whole point of the movie was the creature drowning people to the depths. Again, it would be really difficult to implement.

It would be awesome though

Post edited by Therigger on