You Should Need to Complete 6 Gens

Options
Windfell
Windfell Member Posts: 45

With people complaining about "gen-rushing" and the recent need to slow gens down in the latest patch. It got me thinking. The game should require the Survivors to complete 6 gens rather than 5.

6 gens wouldn't be all that much a problem for Survivors. You can 3-gen yourselves, and 6 gens would just need to be more careful of that late game.

It would also help balance some perks a bit better that help gens get done, toolboxes (though the recent changes to them I like), and would stop the whole "gen-rushing" thing.

What y'all think?!

Comments

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

Naw. I feel like that'd just be awful for survivors without adding extra gens, which would be kinda annoying for killers.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

No.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options
  • not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 800
    Options

Take PGTW, use it four times, bingo you made them do an extra gen.

5 gens is fine.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    Options

You'd need to have 8 gens on the field then, which would either break the distribution(like in older versions) or seriously screw over either side with terrible/amazing gen placement. The more gens there are the more the killer has to patrol and find.

• Tiersis
    Tiersis Member Posts: 259
    Options

Not for normal matches. When facing SWF players though, sure.

2 person SWF or no SWF, 5 gens.

3 person SWF team, 6 gens.

4 person SWF team, 7 gens!

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    edited May 2020
    Options

Honestly though, why 6? Will there also be an 8th generator that now spawns so that killers can't just camp 2 generators and be guaranteed a free 4k? Aren't SWAT SWF Hit-squads just going to power through this anyway? How will gen-protector killers (SUCH AS MYSELF!) react to having to protect another generator?

These are all questions that have to be asked when proposing an idea like this.

There's nothing that can truly be done about gen-rushing. I've even fell victim to it as a survivor, playing in solo. Generators pop quickly and I go "OH SH*T! I'd better go and get some Lightbringer emblem!" and do a generator myself and contribute to the problem, when I have more fun trying to stealth around killers.

As it stands, 5 generators is also a decent number, since it is 4 survivors who can do one each, then work on the last one together. There are also seven generators that spawn into a match, which is why we can have the infamous 3-gen to halt stupid teams. They also spread out the requirements for survivors to escape to across the whole map. If survivors have to do a 6th, and an 8th generator is added, it'd be easy to ignore an entire quarter of the map, making killers such as Hag and Trapper virtually useless, since that's where their strength lies. Survivors will just make it so that they have two in one corner, and one on the other side of the map, not unlike they do now but it will be even harder for them to control and navigate.

This won't be a buff to killers, it'll be a further increase to the power of a fully coordinated SWF squad compared to solo as well as high-mobility killers to low-mobility and trap killers.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Thats simply not true. And im pretty sure you know its not true

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

I dont think adding more generators or increasing the base time of generators is a good idea. Primarily because for the survivors its f-in boring to hold m1 for 80 seconds. Adding to that would drag the game down.

What we really need are secondary objectives that arent optional. What I'd do is make it so the number of generators that can be worked on is equal to the number of totems that have been cleansed. 2 totems should spawn in really easy to find locations, 2 should spawn in some what hidden locatiins and 1 should spawn in very hard to find location. And they would need to increase the number of spawn points significantly so theyre harder to memorize.

This of course would also mean reworking noed, which should make survivors happy

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

That I would agree with, but we cant pretend like gen rushing doesnt happen even when a killer does everything right. Good teams get thise gens dine stupid quick and tgeres not much you can do about it

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704
    Options

game needs tweaked,if you need to complete 6 gens killer need some extra stuff to do or survivors have something extra

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 188
    Options

No. I’ve seen gens spawn ridiculously close to each other, if 6 gens needed to be done survivors would never get out

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I dont think an extra gen will make a difference. The issue is you cant pressure 4 survivors at once.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

No. The maps are not big enough for this.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 432
    Options

I think 5 gens is enough. In a balanced match is 1 surv on hook/in chase, 1 go for unhooking or maybe do totems, look for chests or is healing... so only 2 surv do gens. At the beginning the killer can bring corrupt intervention or look with dicordance or other perks, which gen is to defend. So 5 gens is fine.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

the risk of three genning yourself is too high with an extra gen added, it would also make protecting the cluster of gens on the map your main objective as the killer. If the killer snowballs early game and gets 2 or more people on their last hook before the survivors can get to 1 gen left they are screwed since that usually happens when their is 1 gen left so at that point they would need to do 2 gens.

the devs also can't expand the size of the map to compensate for an extra gen since that takes away pressure that the killer can provide and if the survivors spread the gens too far the killer is screwed due to too much travel time. the issue we currently have is that not all killer can apply pressure to slow gens like the top tier killers and against good survivors you also have to be good otherwise you get rushed.

The game is like this, apply enough pressure to stop gens by constantly downing survivors so at most 2 are on gens or snowball so you can kill them sooner, then in the late game kill off the survivors; otherwise get gen rushed or if you haven't hooked them enough yet they can take risks to rush the last 1 or 2 gens.

• Tiersis
    Options
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

The funny part is people actually want to increase the number of gens lol

• Tiersis
    Options

To be fair I'm not really committed to the more gens things, I just generally like to show support for any possible idea that could make games vs SWF players suck less for killers.

• CashelP14
    Options

It's a tough issue mate since probably 95% of swf teams are extremely bad and easy to beat.

• Tiersis
    Options

I guess that's subjective. I don't think I'm that bad at the game, Its possible I am, I'm not sure. Maybe I'll stream some matches and ask the community for feedback. It just seems like I'm the lucky winner of that 5% you're talking about more often than not.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885
    Options

Nah, they just need to make the killer regen perks more effective (remove the totem from Ruin, for example). They said that they don't want to increase gen times, because holding m1 is not a fun mechanic, so adding another gen to hold m1 on is not likely going to be an acceptable solution.

• CashelP14
    Options

I feel for you mate. Hopefully your playing killers that are stronger and your more confident with. I played clown a few times recently and got destroyed because of it. In some games with him I played well but he just couldn't kill people quick enough to win me those games.

First thing I'd suggest is looking at the locations of gens and trying to protect the closest set to each other. A 3/4 gen is extremely strong for the killer.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

This wouldn't really work, just encourage more camping and 3(2?)-gens.

• Deadman316
    Options

We can't pretend because that's not true. What I said is fact. Killers camp, survivors do gens, then killers complain about gen rushing. I've gotten quite a few comments about that, sadly. Now, if it's not an occasional occurrence, that's ok, you can't play a clean game all the time, I sure don't. From what it sounds like you're saying is that killers are being gen rushed quite often, even if they're doing everything right, which I would say that you are very wrong as the days are long. If that's the case, then you are a terrible killer, bottom line. But you won't admit that. As a solo survivor, I don't see many gen rushing games and when I do, the killer is usually camping. If you're doing SWF, don't include what happens in those games with solo games, because there's a difference between the two.

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90
    Options

No.

The only time I'm motivated to gen rush is when facing a face camper. I'm one of those cheeky survivors who will do a gen that is a stone throw from the camper just to double confirm yup, they are there and not caring that I'm here.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

Youre not hearing me. Yes, if you face camp you can be gen rushed (and probably deserve it). However if you dont camp you can also be gen rushed. Both things are true. Thats my point

• Deadman316
    Options

I'm sorry man, I just get tired of reading killers complain about stuff constantly, even after the pro killer changes the devs made. I'm a very average survivor that sucks at looping, but I can't complain because I have to work on my craft to get better. So I can be a bit passionate when seeing the same topics, my fault.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,372
    Options

adding 16 seconds to gen times would effectively add another gen in terms of repair time. So the maps don't get broke.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

No worries bro. I know it can be frustrating running solo, but its also rewarding when you get better 😊

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Damn, that's one balanced idea, maybe it'd still be too hard as killer though.