Retribution+Haunted Ground

Options
Dpooly
Dpooly Member Posts: 474
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

Lately been pushing Spirit to P3-50 and had some matches end almost instantly when I paired Hex: Retribution and Hex: Haunted Ground if they manage to break the latter first. Any thoughts on perks for the other two slots?

Post edited by Dpooly on

Comments

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Ruin and devour hope, might as well go all out

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Thrill of the Hunt is always solid in totem builds. You might even get a grab since you're playing Spirit.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    Options

Corrupt intervention so they might be herded closer together when it pops off.

Whispers so you will always be nearby someone when it pops off.

Make your choice so you can start a chain of 1 shots off 1 hook.

NOED so if you only get 1 hook off it and lose the game because it's half your build, you still get a free kill at the end.

Anything else meta for a plan B.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited May 2020
    Options

TOTH and Devour are the best picks for the other 2 slots.

I wouldn't use Ruin because once you get 3 stacks on Devour the focus shifts from gens to totems. If you have Ruin instead of TOTH then you won't be able to protect your totems, and if we assume they got Haunted first (which is most likely) then you want TOTH to keep Devour up, and you want Retribution to punish them for getting the wrong totem. Of course you could do Ruin and TOTH but honestly Devour is a lot stronger and more of a threat. If they split the map Ruin won't help you to create pressure as they can in theory ignore totems and focus on gens. You want them to forgo gens for totems which Devour does.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    Options

Monitor + infectious to start a 3-4 man chain slug chain easier.

• Hellbughunter
    Hellbughunter Member Posts: 83
    Options

I use it with devoured and huntress luluby on ghostface at the moment

• Dpooly
    Options

I'm generally hesitant to run full Hex builds because it sucks being perkless near endgame, but with high risk comes high reward I suppose. Corrupt Intervention hasn't shown in the bloodweb yet, but does seem like a good way to increase the probability that they are herded together. All great suggestions though, thanks!

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    Options

I've been considering all hex builds(I like challenging myself with dedicated theme builds) and this thread seems like an awesome place to start! Much thanks to everyone posting!

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited May 2020
    Options

It's called Russian Roulette Spirit. Devour, haunted, retribution, thrill. Touch a totem, spirit grabs you, don't touch a totem, get oneshot and mori'd. Survivors lose if they play and if they don't. Really need to be on point and run for it. Especially good on smaller maps. Probably works on Nurse too.

• Dpooly
    Options

Ah, didn't know it had a name lol