The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Alien May Be Our New Killer

So it appears that the Xenomorph from the Alien franchise could be our most likely candidate for the next killer with Ellen Ripley as the mysterious survivor.

A YouTuber with close ties to the DbD developers who knew of the previous 2 killers has stated Candyman IS NOT the new killer.

Pennywise hasn't been all that impactful on the horror genre and Jason has some legal issues.

Alien on the other hand has marked both horror and sci-fi since it's inception and is a franchise that has been very influential as well as being very emotional for many people including potentially one or more DbD devs.

Many recent Tweets also seem to suggest heavily that our next killer is going to be out of this world and very much from the cold depths of space, where no one can hear you scream.

The popularity of Alien as a killer has also been going up as well as it's chances seemingly.

If this is true it's going to be a game changer and will really bring more attention to DbD.

Here's to hoping horror's biggest classic icon will make it into the game.

Comments

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

But why would Ripley be mysterious?

• Dr_Loomis

That's a possibility. I would be surprised if they got Sigourney Weaver's likenesses, but you never know. WWE and Mortal Kombat got Schwarzenegger.

• VitaleWesker
    VitaleWesker Member Posts: 11

technically we don't know all that much about either Ellen or Amanda Ripley

• Dr_Loomis
    edited May 2020

We know everything about Ellen.

She's a crew member in the original. In Aliens she's known to her company after being awoken from hyper sleep. I doubt the chapter would concentrate on Alien3 or Resurrection and Ripley's circumstances in those films.

The events are well documented and fans know her backstory etc.

In-game, every new character could be seen as mysterious to the other survivors who don't know them (except Nancy/Steve). Maybe the 'mysterious' term isn't anything really to do with the survivor.

'Mysterious' could actually mean a brand new survivor.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

I doubt we will have Ellen Ripley, because her actress, Sigourney Weaver, isn't a big fan of being in games. Iirc it took Creative Assembly a long time to get permission from her to appear in Alien: Isolation.

• Dr_Loomis

And she may of only agreed to that as it was an actual Alien game.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

dude if they add alien(xenomorgh) I promise you that they will allow it to jump/climb up to higher parts of the map like up to the top of the giant shack in the swamp map or into up to the hill from any angle or it could even jump up to holes that are on a second or third floor. You always see them climbing up walls and it wouldn't be hard to implement only thing needed would be a good animation. of course thats just a passive movement ability, the alien would obviously have more than that

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Amanda Ripley would be awesome as a survivor. She would be finally another character from a Video Game like Bill (well I guess she was mentioned in the films, but never shown)

But I have my doubts about this chapter being Alien. Still think Candyman is more likely.

Also, would the Blair Witch be possible? I mean she is a killer, the film is a classic that had a big impact and I guess the game itself and the Hag are at least partly inspired by The Blair Witch Project so it would also be an emotional milestone..

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

“Many recent Tweets also seem to suggest heavily that our next killer is going to be out of this world and very much from the cold depths of space, where no one can hear you scream.”

Ooh, this one intrigues me. Can anyone give some examples of tweets like this? I don’t have Twitter so I don’t keep up with the devs on there.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

I'm saying. Did anyone here grow up in the early 90s!? That miniseries was HUGE! I still to this day remember being terrified of showers drains and freaking out thinking he was going to climb out if one.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Pinhead hopefully

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

Ok and can you then explain how this pic connects with the allien?

• zkelvln
    zkelvln Member Posts: 54

Id prefer predator tbh

• kosmi

Don't know i am heavly against alien, i even didn't like demogorgon since it is kind of alien too(but it has elements of supernatural) While aliens is healy syfy completly explained.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Can you explain how this connected to Ghostface last year?

All this speculation is as precise as the predictions as why and who the next soccer world champion will be. I remember that in 2014 the theory actually won the race that every nation that got 3 titles won their 4th title 20 years after the third. But equally reliable calculations got smashed in 2010 and 2006.

Currently we have 100% proof for Jason with the theory that license issues got smashed by the boardgame release and Candyman as the actor confirmed voice acting for a video game. So one of these 100% proofs is already wrong. I throw in a Silent Hill chapter as the "4" in your screenshot looks like pyramid head. All these "proof" discussions are so funny XD When the killer is finally released, there will be the handfull of people being able to say "I knew it!" (they should add "accidentially") but noone will point out how many fails there were around.

• Deadeye

This was actually the first horror movie I saw and I was waaaaaay too young to see it. When I thought about my first horror movie, I updated myself like 3 times by refreshing memories and finally I got stuck with IT. I never thought about IT when thinking about horror movies I watched, because watching horror movies I always did intentionally. Except IT. I noticed that I did not treat this movie as horror movie back in the days as I wasn't familiar with that concept o.O

I watched it because it featured a clown and my parents were not around XD

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

I remember watching it when I was 3. My uncle's put it on and it scared me so bad. Honestly it's the first movie I remember watching and it definitely set me down a path of being obessed with Horror movies in general.

Pennywise is a staple in pop culture and anyone who disagrees is a fool.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Pretty sure fear of clowns is primarily an American phobia. I've heard many stories of people from other countries wondering why so many Americans find clowns scary.

• lordtomato
    lordtomato Member Posts: 204

What would be Alien's mori, I would love to see

• kosmi

Well knife and blood can be explained but human skull from alien not so much. That's why i asked how would you epxlain that pic in the alien world.

• Deadeye

Pretty sure? Where you base that on? Coulrophobia is basically caused by the "hidden" (cuz of massive makeup) emotions and the true face, which is a pretty basic and natural reason. I read that it is one of the top 10 phobias worldwide

• kosmi

True but in prometheus there is nothing that related you to the gold. The thought crossed my mind but still nothing to point at that.

• kosmi

But red is kind asociation to blood especialy with knife if you use it to stab people. Don't know about 2nd and 1st since i was not there.

What about Dreamcatcher? But still don't know about gold theme.

• Y_Darcy_Y
    Y_Darcy_Y Member Posts: 6

I think it's Leprechaun, because the whole thing is splatted in gold and since it's the 4th anniversary and the 4 leaf clover is connected to him would make sense. He is also a classic killer,

• Deadeye

The "3" was not designed in any way like the Scream designs, they always used scars and knive shapes. "Blood" fits to pretty much every horror movie. There is no obvious "explanation" to the anniversary design.

• Mooks

While I agree that a Xenomorph on its own would be way to powerful this can be said about other killers as well, especially Demogorgon or Freddy.

This is still just a game where the game mechanics restrict things and even lore-wise you can argue that the Xenomorph would be controlled/restricted by the Entity. So the Devs can make it fit easily if they and the license holders want to.

I would be really happy to see the Xenomorph implemented.

• Ravean
    Ravean Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2020

I´m not saying no way, the Xenomorph is never going to be in this game... I´m saying if they would put it in the game it´d either be to Powerful or it would degenrate the Xenomorph into a joke.

Let´s put it this way--- You put all the Killers and a Xenomorph (all vulnerable and killable / no I´m a ghost end therefore unhurtable) on a map and let them fight till death... who do you think would kill all the other Killers and maybe even survive... The Alien. I´m sure that the Entity could controll it... after all the Alien is a controlled beast, like a weapon but there is no vision of it being looped, being stunned by Palletts, being outrun, blinded or Decisive Struck (You would just kill youself coming in touch with it´s blood).

• Mooks

I am with you with all of that. Nothing of this would be a strict reason to not add a Xenomorph.

Pallet stuns and looping are already way to strong and also don’t make much sense/are unbelievable with many killers as of now. The same arguments can at least applied to Freddy and Demogorgon and I am probably forgetting someone.

Decisive strike is another matter, I have not thought about that, it would certainly be too powerful to have one killer just negate this Perk completely. But maybe the devs could come up with some passive ability that would at least acknowledge the acidic blood.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Honestly I think people are focusing too much on the phrasing if mysterious survivor. I think it's just refering to a character not yet known to the public rather than someone unexpected from a lesser known part of a movie franchise.

If you were behaviour would you want your playerbase to think you've got Samuel the android from Alien Isolation as a survivor or something which people strongly associate with the true alien franchise.

• Kate_cx
    Kate_cx Member Posts: 181

Agreed. I think people are looking into the 'mysterious survivor' way too much.

The only reason I can think of why they put 'mysterious survivor' is because none of us actually know who the survivor will be, it could literally be any survivor from any licensed movie that corresponds to the killer.

• 5thPerkSlot
    5thPerkSlot Member Posts: 395

Did you see that skull in the left? Predator takes them as reward, besides the futuristic/technological number "4", besides the recent game makes think it WILL BE TEH PREDAT0R 😂

• Ravean
    Ravean Member Posts: 98

Just like a Xenomorph a Yautja (Predator) would be either way to OP for this game or he´d have to be degenerated into a Joke.

A Yautja in DbD would be like Wraith and Deathslinger with much better Weapons in one Person plus multiple other skills like climbing and so on. Not to mention the fact that Yautja are actually only klling because they hunt for sports and only the most dangerous creatures. The DbD Survivors aren´t dangerous at all... a dropped pallett is something that a Yautja wouldn´t recognize as something that counts as dangerous defense. I know... Entity, control... blabla. Xenomorph and Yautja don´t belong in DbD... DbD would make these awesome Aliens look like idiots.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

To be fair, Freddy has a long history of getting his ass kicked by teenagers. Especially if they are in the dream world with him. In fact, that's why slasher characters DO work well in Dbd. They all have a history of being undone by flimsy regular old human beings in ridiculous ways. The xenomorph, however, generally requires either a heavily armed opponent or some serious industrial equipment to even slow them down.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Alien would be my best case scenario for Chapter 16.

Otherwise, they’ve done an incredible job on killer design especially over the last year. Even if it’s a killer I wouldn’t have preferred, I still expect a quality addition to the mix.

• Mooks

i am not that familiar with the NoES films, but they outsmart Freddy iirc and Freddy actually plays with them. It’s not something you can really compare to pallets or loops. If they had tried to just outrun Freddy or throw something against him he would not have been stopped at all.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I still think it's a RE chapter. RE fits all the categories, and the things on twitter are red harings.

• Bundesgraenzschutz
    Bundesgraenzschutz Member Posts: 22

As much as i love the Xenomorph, IMO it would be bad for the Game. These Aliens are fast, i mean "Eat my Dust, Usain Bolt" Fast. Depending on the Source 7 m/s to 28 m/s. Thats something between Onis Sprint or a non charged hatchetthrow, not to mention it's climb and leap ability. If you take the Speed away, you'll end up with the typical Hack n Slay Space Monster.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336

I really don’t think that it’s gonna be an Alien chapter. Would be way to out of place not to mention if you buy that license you might as well make a new game with it rather than put 2 character from it to a clunky ass game like this.

Pennywise tho is really an iconic character that would make sense in this game, and I’m pretty sure due to the latest films anyone can recognize him. Jason makes sense too but eh, Trapper is pretty much his ripoff and you have that lawsuit too.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

In dbd, because of the main dbd mechanics, the Alien would look dumb. It would be a funny creature to loop.

• LiquidSwordsman
    LiquidSwordsman Member Posts: 50

At this point, with the It remake making Pennywise more fresh again and we also have an upcoming Candyman movie, the logical choices would be either those two. But then there's another thing that caught my attention from the 4th announcement page that keeps bugging me. It reads "Marked the world of horror since its inception."

Inception means has to mean the start of something right? And I don't mean franchise, but I'm talking about opening the gateway for other horror films.

So you could argue that films like Physco or Friday The 13th was the inception for other films. You wouldn't have the Scream franchise if it wasn't for Norman Bates or the Hatchet series if it wasn't for Jason Vorhees. The Shining also has an inception leaving a huge mark since the general public and the media still makes references to that movie til this day. And now just recently we got a film adaption of the novel's sequel where Danny Torrance is an adult making him or Wendy perfect candidates for survivors.

I won't be disappointed if it comes down to someone like Candyman, Pinhead or Alien but their statement would be really misleading if the killers are not someone who laid the foundation like Norman Bates or Jack Torrance. Pennywise is understandable, so I'd be ok with him.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

But what if one of it's ability was leaping? Imagine doing that pounce over a pallet or half wall and attack. That would be scary as #########!

• Y_Darcy_Y

Honestly it’s probably not pennywise, because what they write about the new killer, said “marked the world of horror since it’s inception” and It didn’t when the original mini series came. It the mini series is a straight to TV release and didn’t even leave a bigger mark on the horror movie franchise like Jason or alien. Btw it’s good that nobody is saying predator, because his game just came out. I think it’s leprechaun.

• finitethrills

I think you're selling it short. When the IT miniseries came out, it was on everyone's lips at the time, much like game of thrones more recently, or the walking dead before that. Hell, I had a coworker who walked to work some 15-20 years after that miniseries, and she would cross the street to avoid walking too close to a storm drain.

• Y_Darcy_Y

Your right, but I think there are better options. I don’t think It is scary enough. See Freddy is frightening, because humans need to sleep, Leatherface is gonna eat you after he butchers you, The pig puts a trap on your head that will ya know, Pennywise is a clown that can only kill you in dairy Maine. And I know what you’ll say, he turns into your worst fear, but what if you just surround yourself with people all the time and not wander alone to places like everyone in the movie. I think pennywise will Hex:Ruin the game, he is somebody to laugh at, like he died by getting bullied by like 30yr olds.

• finitethrills

Again, most of our slashers have been defeated by getting bullied by teenagers. While it may not be scary to some, it is absolutely terrifying to others. It only operates in derry, Maine, just like Freddy only operated in Springwood, and Jason only at camp Crystal lake (aside from a couple exclusions thanks to the sequel crunching machine). Really, Pinhead is the only major horror icon who was explicitly shown to appear anywhere.

There's not much profit in trying to argue the "physics" of horror movie franchises. Besides, the fog and entity were designed to specifically bypass all those worries. It can draw from any time and any place and stick them all in whatever arena it wants.

Our personal feelings have little to do with whether or not something is scary enough or a big enough icon. Hell, to me, Ghostface is a freaking clown on his own. A guy with a cell phone who trips over every piece of furniture in sight and gets knocked around by at least half his victims. Not exactly the pinnacle of fear, but good enough for dbd.

• LiquidSwordsman
    LiquidSwordsman Member Posts: 50

So wait, you don't think it's Pennywise because it didn't leave a bigger mark, but you think it's leprechaun out of all the horror icons?

Ok.