Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I don't play killer without momento mori

killde
killde Member Posts: 53

Every match from now as a killer will include momento mori, every good add-on, slugging, camping, and everything under the sun.

It's been nice playing as a low rank killer where I could afford being a nice and good sport killer, but the moment you reach higher ranks it's over.

Everything is momento mori, mori, more mori and slugging camping and what not.

Comments

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    edited May 2020

That’s just sad lol

i don’t even know why Mori’s are still in the game. I can understand the green one but the ebony? It’s existence is Inexcusable and unjustified. Keys aren’t a good answer. Out of all my games playing survivor, about 1 out of every 50 somebody on my team has a key. Let alone the fact it’s not a guaranteed use because you might not even get 80% of the gens done to get some or most of your teammates out through it if the killer has Mori because killers that use it love to tunnel and camp. It’s just not fun. I hope the devs are trying to establish a more enjoyable multiplayer for the survivors. When I play killer I don’t have a problem. The stress playing killer is fun enough 😂😂😂 but never do I consider using a Mori unless they’re all running keys and flashlights. But even then I think ebonys are overkill and unnecessary considering the fact that killers have good add ons

the strength of a key < Mori. But they need to take both out

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

They both have the same strength to them. The issue is one comes into play typically far quicker than the other unless the killer snowballs extremely well at the start.

• Tiersis
    Tiersis Member Posts: 259

I dunno, if he kills everyone, that would seem to make him a good killer.

Killer shaming needs to stop. The killer should do eveything they can using everything available to them to kill. Just like the survivors always do whatever they need to in order to survive.

Thats the game. Now that I've accepted that the games a lot more relaxing.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Getting a 4K as killer means nothing. This game is too chance based and unbalanced for a 4K meaning anything.

• Tiersis

Well it might mean nothing to you, but when you break it down each side has simple goals from a game perspective.

Killers want to kill.

Survivors want to survive.

You may set personal standards or challenge yourself to do something else, but as a basic explanation of how the game works, thats what it is.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Do you also not play Survivor without a Key?

• SurviveByDaylight
    edited May 2020

I don’t agree with you at all. If this game was balanced in terms of the strength of those two then looking at the math it doesn’t add up. Keys offer an objective reduction of, at most 40% (3/5 gens done - 2 gens you don’t have to do with half your team dead already) whereas Mori’s reduce 12 hooks down to 4. Which is a 66.7% objective reduction. Now, if they altered the Mori to require everyone (in the game still - players that have disconnected don’t count) being hooked first before mori’ing someone I think it would be a lot more reasonable. But only once all survivors in game have been hooked once. I mean, it’s an offering it’s not supposed to be game changing 😂 survivor offerings aren’t game changing. Killers have add ons too so I’m really baffled at why killers need that much strength in their offering tab? Yet people Sit here and whine about being the killer. Or come up with reasons why they bring in a Mori when, quite frankly I think the real reason is because they’re bad at being the killer. After all of the updates map shrinking, pallets seemingly spread out every couple miles or so, loops getting weaker, killers being good at cutting chases short, why do you need them? What because you’re mad you got flashlight stunned? It’s for those sweaty 50 year old moms basement nerds that get upset when the survivors come at you with slightest bit of resistance to dying or being an easy down for you? Sounds privileged to me. Those people that expect 4K every game so they force feed themselves. When I play killer I hardly ever use those things. What’s most disturbing about them is the fact that they are an “ultra rare” offering yet I see one in almost every bloodweb level. I have double digits worth of them currently.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Yep, increase the Kill Rates so that Killers get some Nerfs. :>

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited May 2020

Yay. Let’s give survivors a fun and interactive experience.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Why would you slug and camp with a mori? That doesn't make any sense.

Slugging without hooking them = you can't mori them.

Slugging after hooking them = waste of time as you could mori them.

Camping = people will repair gens if they're not braindead again wasting your mori.

Are you new to the game?

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

You're right. No one should do it to either side. One day everyone will be so enlightened

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I just saw someone that was so greedy for the 4k it was unbelievable. It happens,but this was extreme. Hook camping with Myers,Ebony Mori,NOED,the works. I think it was the longest match I ever played. Over a half hour.

He left the last other player until they were about to bleed out. I tried to stay by the hatch,but I overestimated the time you can stay still before the crows come. I was able to run the whole way across the map and pick the other player up,so he obviously couldn't chase well. I for real gave up. Just walked right up to him. That's really not fun. Luckily the other person got the hatch,so he was burnt anyway.

I can understand using certain things to bolster deficiencies in your play style,but idk. The low rank players always do the camping and stuff like that. They don't know that people consider that either taboo or a bad strategy. I get pretty frustrated myself.

I was a killer main for years and just switched to survivor. It gets tiring going against people 10+ ranks above you that use every trick in the book. Even when you down someone they have half the generators on,or pop up with a flashlight or bodyblock,or sabotage, whatever. I don't think as many people play fair and nice as they want you to believe. Do what you have to I guess. You get hate either way.

• SurviveByDaylight

I don’t get the people that complain about survivors doing gens too fast. That’s their job, that’s your job to keep them off of the gens. I bet these guys that complain are the ones that sit there and tunnel and camp while the other 3 are doing gens. You wonder why they pop. Oh look, survivor nerf incoming! Ebony Mori incoming! Bad killer incoming!

• Tiersis

We agree. I don't shame. I turned chat off, and just play. If I don't look at chat, the complaining has no power. :) I do enjoy a good debate in the forums though. People here are generally nicer than in game chat.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336

That’s when I quit during the loading screen lol. Make the game dumb to compensate not being good enough kills the fun.

• Tiersis

If you're good enough, and you see the Mori, don't get hooked.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Killers at low ranks are fun, obviously the higher you get the harder and more toxic so you have to mirror that by tunneling/slugging if necessary to keep up with jukers.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336

You eventually get hooked. Especially when your teammate is tunneld off hook to instant mori at 4 gens left. Just as I dodge keys, I dodge moris too. F*ck all these BS. The game is already +tarded without them.

• Lumionesty
    Lumionesty Member Posts: 98

I’ve been playing rank 1 killer for a while and using ebony momento like once every blue moon. You can 100% still be a nice and good sport killer you just have to get good at the game. Bringing Moris, tunneling and camping won’t make you a good player and you will see very little progress in terms of getting better. If you’re getting your assed kicked at red ranks without Moris, tunneling and camping then you shouldn’t be at red ranks in the first place.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

You're clearly not cut out for high ranks if you are that offended by good survivors. Yeah you can use Ebony Moris all you want, but good luck actually improving your killer game-play and learning without them.

• MrCookie
    MrCookie Member Posts: 121

If you use mori it's a lose-lose situation. After the ruin nerf I wanted to mori the ######### out survivors but after like 5 games it was just boring. Either you get bored of it or someone actually escapes despite mori and you feel dumb for not even winning like that.

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107

The irony of your statement is that you can't rank up with Mori's. You will black PIP at best

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I’ve gotten hatemail before but I’d say about 85% of the messages I get are either positive or someone genuinely curious on why I made certain decisions in game and they’re usually understanding.

I’m amused when people are so upset over a video game

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Well maybe you should just... git gud?

• KettleWettle
    KettleWettle Member Posts: 149

Okay but like, instead of making matches for other survivors miserable because the previous match you got destroyed for probably not putting enough pressure. Just why ? Why not try to get better at the game so that way you don't have to be a boring killer and use unfun addons and offerings for the other side. What is happening ? Why has every killer started bringing so many mori's like this guy lately ? Where have the survivors gone wrong ?!?!!!!!

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2020

thanks for sharing your experience... i guess. btw to the people who said u cant rank up with moris is false u still can just dont mori out of jook everyone, mori 1 and play the 3 v 1...

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

then you arent a good killer lol

but whatever floats your boat

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Killers kill. Do what you want. Ebony exists because in horror there are times where there are NO survs. In movies, those can be some of the best ones. Some lower tier killers need it to keep survs on their toes and honest in addition to giving you a fighting chance.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

Reading all that just had me thinking..."How many moris do I have?"

The answer is quite afew. Good thing I'm not the type of person to spam em (or use em at all really), lol.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

I say bring ‘em if you got ‘em...whatever floats your boat. Who am I or anyone else to tell you how to enjoy this game while you’re operating under the rules if the game and user agreement.

I’m the opposite, I have 1000s of Moris and use them very rarely, usually for a 60k daily ritual.

Mori’s making it more difficult for a killer to pipup, especially in higher ranks. In order to Mori everyone, you need (mathematically speaking, doesnt include things like reaching stage 2 on your 2nd hook, etc.) to down each survivor twice. To kill them legit, you only need to down them one more time.

For a semi-decent killer, thats versing anything but an elite 4M SWF, a Mori is never needed for a fair game and at least 2 kills.

For a semi-decent survivor, that’s versing any killer that is not exceptional...you can reach EGC without some or all of you going down twice.

Of course, I have to consider killer choice, map of the match, the in-match RNG, lots and lots of factors to determine the outcome. In the grand scheme of things, a Mori doesnt change much but makes the killers job a bit easier, with less of a chance to pipup. The same can be said for keys, makes survivors jon a bit easier, but also less of a chance to pipup.

So why are we discussing any of this ar all? Everything said is so inconsequential.

• LordGlint

A post about tunneling/facecamping/slugging/moriing everyone I see is typically for some sort of temper tantrum. The one posting it tends to think they were mistreated in some way and instead of going about it like an adult...they feel the need to come on here and tell us about the temper tantrum. I typically just move on after I see it because its fairly common.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

True that, perhaps the issue was never worth any of our attentions. 😝

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

This game becomes more and more advantages over skill and i hate it. Whenever i see a secret killer offering in the lobby even nobody picked a key or more then 2 toolboxes i can tell it's an unexperimented killer. On the other side i see survivors (maybe even on comms) with synergysed second chance perks, which is easy mode aswell. BHVR at least really needs to change those shortcuts (keys and moris).

• LordGlint

Pretty much. Sometimes it is kinda fun to watch though, kinda like a car crash.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

They said that Mori will be changed in a near future. I wanna see what u do then x)

For now enjoy your safe/derank pip, that's what u get by using a no skill offering lul

• LordGlint

Sometimes I like to put on a yellow mori, just to make the survivors sweat abit at the offering screen, lol.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I remember using a Shroud of Separation a while back and the first survivor I downed twice DC'd. It was hilarious.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Shroud of Separation works well with Corrupt Intervention. It also scares the ######### out of them when you do it with any P3 killer. ;)

• LordGlint

I dont like using it because Id rather survivors NOT spawn on 4 separate gens... Yellow moris still makes em sweat without actually affecting the game. PLUS I get to see the cool animation of my character brutalizing the last guy, and thats always fun.