Why survivor que times are so bad?

Options

I play solo survivor so swf que times don't affect me but i have to wait 2-3 mins to a lobby even this way. I was killer main but it was too frustrating so i switched but it is frustrating too that i have to wait a bunch of time for a lobby where i probably will be matched with potatoes, tunneled, moried and face only Spirit, Doctor, Freddy and sometimes Huntress.

Comments

• Actionjacksn
    Actionjacksn Member Posts: 186
    Options

Frustrating because of bugs, swf imbalanceness and some other things.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,639
    Options

Narrative: No Killers are playing the game.

More realistic: SWF-Changes and Rank Reset Change.

But you will hear the narrative here, most of the time.

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    Options

2-3 minutes sounds nice. I'm still currently at 10+ minutes for solo queues when I play.

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182
    Options

Yeah I think it is just because of the amount of the killers that aren't reaching the higher ranks, but who knows. Maybe it is just the system itself and when the MMR changes comes it might be better. :)

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

there are just speculation, which is the same answer to "why matchmaking is so bad". it might be either because there are not enough killers, or because few killers are currently at your rank.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

And these things affect other people too, so why do you think there might be fewer killers?

• Traslogan
    Traslogan Member Posts: 283
    Options

"Swf are rigging the game against killers"

"think of the solo survivors!"

SWF don't cripple the gameplay for survivors, it doesn't affect others. The higher your rank, the more SWF there is, and killers just get pummeled by comms-SWF constantly. There is no reason to play killer anymore unless you just play when you can buy a mori, otherwise who cares anymore, devs will never dare to touch SWF and it's so bad now that despite the game going from 15k to 25k to 45k peak players at night, there are still less killers and longer wait times.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

Lack of Killers. Survivor queues take ages. Killer queues are instant. I highly doubt this is a coincidence. Playing Killer is stressful. Not many things in gaming feel worse than seeing gens go off like fireworks when you are trying to get your 1st or 2nd hook.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Because the game is really buggy for killers. So no one really wants to play.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

well my survior que is 10-15 minutes on ps4 depending on the time maybe more

And my killer is instant all times of day

Game stats show the game is still just as popular and even free for basegame

So I'd guess its lack of killers.

I quit killer myself because the roll is awful so it makes sense

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635
    Options
  • cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320
    Options

My wait time is more like 5-15 mins. Just remember, it can always be worse.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

See it's not just me pointing out the obvious, even the OP unknowingly answered their question.

On PlayStation I'd love a 2-3 minute wait for survivor especially late. Until they address the imbalance with SWF you risk harming the player base

• HagguWaggu
    HagguWaggu Member Posts: 11
    Options

It is important to take platform into account as well. I find my purple rank survivor and killer queue times on pc are consistently under 2-3 minutes tops (maybe longer for killer on off-peak hours), but PS4 has insanely long survivor queue times (not unheard of for 20-40+ wait times for SWF or rank 20s).

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

No one but the devs know for sure, and as far as I know they're not clearing up the cause and leaving everyone to speculate.

People talking about how the swf changes and rank resets are the cause don't understand why those mechanics are in place and how the matchmaking currently doesn't seem to take rank into account for matchmaking purposes.

Rank reset would put more players in a pool to play resulting in faster matchmaking... it doesn't seem to help.

SWF change puts the matchmaking target on the higher ranked individuals within a range of 6 ranks. This combined with rank reset and the pool system the matchmaking runs with would make matchmaking faster than it is.

The matchmaking system itself could be flawed in that it takes too long to put people together without looking at rank, but the most likely issue is the number of killers starting lobbies for survivors to enter.

If survivors aren't getting into lobbies, the number of lobbies available aren't high enough. This means less killers are starting less lobbies.

Which can be attributed to a lack of killer players in general.