If you could change one thing about a killers power what would you change?

Options
supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,386

This is a continuation of "what would you change about one perk" discussion from a few days ago. The change id personally do is just lower the stun of ff to like 3 seconds from 4. Its pretty bad when the devs say about with just extending nurses stun (old nurse) theyd rather not make "that mistake again" (obviously reffering to legions 4 second stun). What about you guys? Also next one will probably be addons/items so avoid addons if possible in this discussion thank you!

Comments

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Pigs Traps:

Unable to see boxes until headset is activated

Timer is reduced by 15 to 30 secs

Pig gets 1 extra trap at base

Missing a skill check while removing the trap results in a loss of 1 health state

If survivors leave through hatch with an activated trap their body goes but their head stays (counts as death)

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

ghostface, somewhat giving him a real power rather than a bugged discount Myers, maybe fitting with his movies, despite how hard could it be. The fake phone power leak was kinda meh, but I honestly have not so much fantasy.

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182
    Options

Even if they just bought back the traps activating during the EGC again 😄

• BabyStar4848
    BabyStar4848 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Leather face should not be able to use his chainsaw back to back and should not be able to turn so easily.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Passive sleep pauses during chase. Have to be hit to fall asleep. That's it

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    Options

I'd give pig an extra second on her ambush duration. It wouldn't be much but it'd be enough to help.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options
    1. Nurse - Remove her Red Bar in between blinks. If you want a compromise, add the red bar when you SUCCESSFULLY hit a Survivor with Your Blink and Regular Attack.
    2. Freddy - Bring back his Sleeping Animation instead of automatically putting survivors to sleep.
    3. Billy - 110% Movement Speed and Red Bar to his chainsaw. (joke)
    4. Legion - 10% movement speed, cannot M1 or M2, cannot break pallets, cannot vault. (joke)
    5. Huntress - Able to resupply 1 Hatchet from a DOWNED survivor if downed by a Hatchet.
    6. Doctor - 5 Second cool down to a successful Shock.
    7. Wraith - 2 Second reduction to Light Burn stun AND when you're cloaked out because of pallet stuns.
    8. Bubba - Don't care.
    9. Plague - Does not lose movement speed when charging vomit.
    10. Clown - Has to be shirtless.
    11. Spirit - Give her a burger outfit because she needs to eat.
    12. Oni - 110% movement speed when he's fully charged and when he's in between Rage Sprints.
    13. Pig - Traps work during End Game.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

Trapper should have 2 Traps at base

Bubba's slowdown while revving the saw should be reduced to about Billy's speed while revving

Deathslinger shouldnt have to do a bloodwipe animation AND reload the gun when he successfully gets a hit on a speared survivor. Just make the reload apart of the bloodwipe animation.

Clown should be able to reload per bottle. By this I mean instead of taking 5 seconds to reload no matter how many bottles you have, you should be able to 1 or 2 bottles if you want for 1.25 seconds each.

• zkelvln
    zkelvln Member Posts: 54
    Options

take off Legion’s rubber knife and give him a machine gun

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

Have Legion's mend time increase everytime he inflicts it.

• Khallaria
    Khallaria Member Posts: 73
    Options

I would give the nurse a moving blink marker as part of her base kit rather than an add on. She's difficult for new players to learn already and with matchmaking being what it is new killer players could really use the leg up until they've developed the muscle memory to use her.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I stand by my belief that they should allow the RBT timers to auto-start once all the gens are finished again and simply pause the EGC timer as long as someone is wearing an active Trap.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Decrease Bubbas stun duration and increase the length of his chainsaw.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

Make it so that FF doesn't cancel after missing an attack. I know they said something about spamming the attack, but since FF attacks are no longer lethal in the slightest, it really shouldn't matter. I found it's oddly easier to juke attacks from FF than basic attacks.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

An on and off switch would be better. =]

A constant marker would be a hindrance to the 3 Vet Nurse players that still play her.

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589
    Options

Legion - Remove the ability for Legion to see survivor in lockers when using frenzy.

Increase frenzy duration by 10 seconds (or me, will need to balance with the above change)

Exiting frenzy temporarily makes Legion Undetectable

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

Let Myers be able to multi-stalk. That's really it.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020
    Options

This might sound crazy but it would be interesting if all killers Had the ability to reverse the bright lights from flashlights back to the survivors 👍.Imagine survivors in a confused state 😂 if it was a killer perk I would name it flashlight grab.

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589
    Options

That's not bad! Though, it might encourage surv's to make sure they are all on different gens, which might make it more of a gen rush.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 909
    Options

Demogorgon.

Give him a way longer undetectable status after leaving a portal.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

Trapper starts a match with all his traps.

-

Wraith' cloak animation is now on a charged gauge, like Hillbilly's Chainsaw. By holding and releasing M2 you can now play non-licensed songs with his bell.

-

Hillbilly can go to space again.

-

The Nurse's power 'Spencer's Last Breath' has been exchanged with the 'Afterpiece Tonic' and she now moves at 115% ms. Stored add-ons transfer over.

-

The Shape can stalk while in Tier 3 to enter Tier 4 Evil Within. In Tier 4 he gets a Chainsaw and becomes Undetectable.

-

The Hag's power is no longer bugged. You're welcome.

-

The Doctor's add-on Interview Tape now has a base range of 48 meters, instead of 24. Railgun Doctor is back.

-

The Huntress' "Iridescent Head' add-on has been replaced with the Ultra Rare add-on 'A Frickin' Chainsaw'. This replaces her M1 with the Hillbilly's Chainsaw Sprint. Her Hatchet count is still reduced by 4.

-

Leatherface will now always begin the trial in the basement.

-

Freddy Krueger's block add-ons now actually have effects that make them worth using. Also the add-ons 'Swing Chains' and 'Jump Rope' had their nerfs reverted, but no longer stack.

-

Amanda Young can now fast vault pallets and windows while Ambush Dashing.

-

The Clown's power 'Afterpiece Tonic' has been exchanged with the Nurse's power 'Spencer's Last Breath'. The Clown now moves at 96.25% ms. Stored add-ons transfer over.

-

The Spirit now begins the trial with all four Survivor hooked and in struggle state. If the Survivors die the Spirit double pips and gets 32k BP. The Survivors now have a tremendously increased chance of name calling the Spirit player in post-game chat.

-

The Legion now has a gun to replace their power of 'Feral Frenzy'.

But it has no bullets and cannot be fired.

-

The Plague can now insult tbagging Survivors in Babylonian.

-

The Ghost Face can no longer be revealed through walls nor avoid being revealed when in clear view and within 20 meters.

-

Survivors can now pet the Demogorgon. Causing the Demogorgon to purrr loudly and the Survivors to feel moderately better about life in general.

-

The Oni now gains power from hitting and downing Survivors using the perk No Mither, but they do not drop any Blood Orbs passively.

-

The Deathslinger's Terror Radius music has been replaced with the theme of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

• bigbucks76
    bigbucks76 Member Posts: 64
    Options

But if the person playing the pig is camping the on wit the key then....

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Theres no way for her to know which box has your key...and its a really dumb play to camp 1 box out of 4 hoping thats the one the survivor needs. Not saying some noob pig out there wont do it, would just be really stupid

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632
    Options

Get rid of demogorgans portal who cares about that from the show give him some screech thing that would be sick i'd be screeching it up like no tomorrow

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited May 2020
    Options

If I don’t list a Killer, it’s because I have no idea what to do to them or I forgot.

Trapper: Stitched Bag is made baseline. He starts with the maximum numbers of traps.

Wraith: Bone Clapper is made baseline.

Nurse: Her basekit nerfs are reverted.

Doctor: All Snap Out of It changes are reverted (minus the one where you go back to tier 1).

Leatherface: Chainsaw tantrum doesn’t stop when hitting a pallet.

Freddy: He has the smoke effect on his hand when teleporting again.

Clown: He has the super belly jiggle from one of the older patches (I think 2.3.0?) again. There’s more but I’m not sure what else I’d change.

Legion: Fatigue effect is removed. Stun after Feral Frenzy runs out is three seconds.

Plague: Survivors now have a very slight debuff to something (not sure what yet). The Corrupt Purge audio cue is removed.

Demogorgon: All map-wide audio cues are removed minus the teleport one. Its footstep volume is now the same as the rest of the Killer cast. The Undetectable effect now lasts five seconds.

• SeantheHuman
    SeantheHuman Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2020
    Options

YOU WERE THE ONE! THE ONE THAT KILLED ME BOY! Jokes aside, sorry I just...these are the things that I hate now so much about the new Fredster. ᵃˡˢᵒ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ⁿⁱᶜᵉ ˢᵐᵃˡˡ ˢᵉˡᶠ ᵖʳᵒᵐᵒᵗⁱᵒⁿ, ʸᵃʸ https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174047/freddy-rework-concepts-for-a-new-nightmare#latest

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Hag: Remove traps 👍

• Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282
    Options

Thank you. When survivors and killers both collectively complain about it, you know it's an actual issue.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

Trapper: 2 traps as basekit

Pig: growl starts when you start dashing

Clown: reloading time based on how many bottles left, less bottles = slower reload

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

If I had to just pick one...

Feral Frenzy now has a reduced stun duration depending on the number of survivors hit.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Ghostface - I’d make him more like the original build.

Increase the distance from where you can hear him. Right now you don’t hear him unless it’s too late, coupled with gens that have blind spots and it’s just a free hit for him. Wraith needs an iridescent add on to have that kind of stealth.

Maybe the original noise and 16m was a little too loud, so either 16m with a quieter sound or 12m with the original noise.

I’d also make his reveal mechanic actually work consistently. Not as easy as it was the first time but not as wonky as it is now.

Also if the survivor reveals him then that survivor should be able to reset their own stalk progress.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited July 2020
    Options

Letting make the Legion with their m2 attacks damage instead of damage over time via dw (5-10% per hit).

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,762
    edited July 2020
    Options

Demo: Change shred to grapple someone if it's fully charged, if the survivor screws up a very difficult skillcheck, they get downed instantly, if they hit the skillcheck, they still get injured

Edit: Also change the hitbox a little bit so that survs at the very end of the lunge range still get hit, the amount of times i have been robbed of a injure by hitbox BS is ridiculous

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Not all his traps thats way too op. Just trap around 3 gens a boom. 4k.

• LqF
    LqF Member Posts: 56
    Options
  • Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

Made Rat liver addon (demogorgon) basekit.

• superpanda999
    superpanda999 Member Posts: 57
    Options

Demogorgon: Make its footsteps and portals quieter. Also have the undetectable status effect last longer. Maybe add the Deep Wound status to the Shred attack as well?

Pig: Make her ambush roar start when she’s already charging or make it map wide to confuse survivors.

Legion: Missing an attack in FF no longer reduces the power gauge completely. Have FF last longer because it’s pretty much useless on bigger maps when survivors spread out.

Wraith: Uncloak time is reduced or he’s slightly faster while uncloaking. His shimmer is harder to detect while he’s invisible.

• sbcat15_
    sbcat15_ Member Posts: 9
    Options

Honestly I'd love for either Ghostface/Pig to have the ability to do some sort of combat roll or slide while crouched/standing to allow them to quickly move between cover while still being slower than just walking normally. Maybe an add-on for Ghostface could let him do a unique attack from the roll/slide at the cost of it having an increased attack cooldown or delaying his power recovery by a few seconds.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Legion currently loses half their bar if they M1 someone and lose their entire bar if they pick up a downed survivor while Frenzy is active. Frenzy is not strong enough to have either of those drawbacks. M1 shouldn't lose any power guage and picking up a Survivor should work the same way as Oni's power when he picks someone up.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

revert nurse and then properly address her issues.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,648
    Options

One thing, eh?

The Spirit- Removes the ability to phase walk.

In all seriousness whilst Phase walking, the Spirit has a very obvious visual que that she is doing so. I highlight very obvious because it should work on all skins and it shouldn't take me, with my poorer eyesight, 16 seconds of starting at a monitor zoomed in to see it.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,648
    Options

No offence but you basically brought back old freddy. He was reworked for a reason.