Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Okay, How would you honestly feel if Candyman was the new killer?

Noire
Noire Member Posts: 41

I've seen the community be very split about the possibility of him coming to the game. Ive seen 50% of people say they would be extremely excited for him while I've seen another 50% say that they'd be absolutely disappointed.

So what are your opinions on the idea of him being in the game?

Comments

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I like Candyman.

I'd Love him in here.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

I want to see him in the game. Second best horror film behind Saw.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

I'm fine with it but I am sure his perks will be lackluster at best. They have been making the worst perks for a good bit now.

Think they are afraid of making new perks op so we get really watered down perks now.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I don't care at all about who the next killer is gonna be rather than how good will the power and perks be.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Too bad he’s not, its Alien

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

Never watched his movies so I would just have a 'meh' reaction, I would be more focused on the perks he brings as well as his powers.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Eh, I wouldn’t be upset but I wouldn’t be that excited either.

To be honest though I’m more concerned about the new killer, whoever they are, having a cool power and fun perks.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Just getting this out of the way just incase it is him...

candyman is unfun to play against 😒

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

disappointed, he isn't very iconic at all compared to any other iconic slasher like he is at the bottom of the barrel. In fact i doubt a lot of people have even heard of him before this speculation on the next killer started or before the news of a new candyman movie.

All the more reason I think its either Jason or the xenomorph since both are extremely iconic in the horror industry and im sure the devs have wanted them in their game for a long time.

• TheOneTrueTristan
    TheOneTrueTristan Member Posts: 85

It's only natural that some who either don't know who he is or never had a deep interest in the character would be disappointed, especially with a lot of the big wigs in the rumor mill like Jason, Pennywise and Xenomorph.

I'm a part of that some and would personally rather them make a chapter around Silent Hill 2. If it were Candyman or anything else, of course I'll be disappointed. But I won't sit there huffing and puffing, Imma play that #########.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215

I'd feel ripped off. I've purchased every DLC so far, and just might stop here if it's really Candyman. Horror Movie buff here and Candyman is not iconic. So if it's really Candyman it'll just prove a point how big a joke these Devs really are for calling something iconic that's not. I can think of real iconic killers to put in game.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'd be definitely disappointed. It would all depend on the power. It's just the fact I don't think the license isn't as strong as alien or Pennywise.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

I'd be indifferent. Depends on how much he shakes up the meta that's been the same for almost 2 years.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I'd be disappointed because he doesn't seem like a big catch to me and from what we know this license is meant to be iconic. I had absolutely no idea Candyman existed until the chapter theories started going around whereas everything else, Jason, Xenomorph, Pyramid Head etc i'd known of already.

That's not to say I wouldn't potentially buy the chapter if it was Candyman because if he seems fun i'd buy him.

• SpookySZN
    SpookySZN Member Posts: 95

I'd be ecstatic, candyman is one of my all time favorite horror films and Tony Todd is amazing. Inb4 he's not iconic, which he most definitely is. He may not be on the same level as the big big names but he's definitely well known, both from a 90's horror standpoint but especially in the urban community.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I'd be okay with it. Maybe a tad disappointed because it's what we expected. But if he had been announced out of nowhere, I'd probably be like "Oh, Cool."

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Well since I never heard of Candyman in my 42 years of living, I would feel..nothing. It would just be another unknown killer.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I really only care about the power when it comes down to it. That being said, I think I'd like a bee related power if they do it right and really get creative with it (at first glace Candyman might seem lame but there's actually a lot of stuff they could do with him as long as they aren't lazy about it) so overall I want Candyman. Other potential killers for this chapter could be cool (or uncool) too though. I really hope they put their effort into this one and didn't just throw something together

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I wouldn't have any.

I'd have to actually know the guy to have an opinion on him.

All i know is it's a guy.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I never liked candyman, so I hope it's not him. Unless he has a really cool power or great perks, I would skip buying him.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    edited May 2020

I saw the movie once, years ago, and he's just completely forgettable. If he's a killer going to be released, sure I'll get the DLC and p3/max him out to add to my collection, and even play him if he's a fun killer. I just don't really care about the movie or the character. Only matters, at that point, if they're fun to play :P

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

I'd be pretty disappointed, Candyman is just really bland and forgettable to me. BHVR would have to do some serious upgrades to him or do something really unexpected for me to be interested.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I wouldn't care, but would find it funny as outside of the America, it's a horror character we basically just don't know and they've advertised this character as one that shook up the genre.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

As someone who enjoys horror movies, I've never actually seen Candyman. As a kid, I heard of Myers, Freddy, Leatherface, Scream, Jason, Chucky, etc, etc. But I had never once heard someone discuss Candyman.

I'm fine with him being in the game, but I don't feel like he is "iconic" to the genre in the way everyone else I listed is. But maybe I'm just ignorant.

• Khallaria
    Khallaria Member Posts: 73

I love the Candyman franchise and that is specifically why I would hate to see him in this game. Yes he has a hook for a hand and kills but the character is a psychological terror not a slasher. The game isn't set up for that. It would just be some power involving bees. Some form of teleportation involving the games 'newly implemented' mirrors and m1 with the hook hand. It would neuter the style of the character. I just don't think with the core of the game as it is there isn't a way to do him justice.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

Fair enough like you I'll say... In before clown with shark suit with jaws theme as chase music.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145
  • katoptris

I would be torned between happy and disappointed. I rather not see another legend goes down by a pallet smack. I'm okay with him entering into a game cause it help the movie get publicity.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170

I quite enjoy the Candyman movies so I'd be all for it!

• adalesmo
    adalesmo Member Posts: 164

I'd be happy with him. The licensed content I most want would definitely be Alien or the Thing, but I'd still be happy. I'll still be a little surprised if they go with Candyman since it wasn't a big movie when it came out.

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

I'd be fine with it. Maybe over hyped if it's him. But I have no issue with Candyman.

I think its Imotep though. The Mummy is a horror classic. In the Brendan Fraser movie with Rachel Weiss, Imotep was scared of cats, and the dev's all put cat picks on twitter the other day.

The skull in the images could be a mummy. The gold might actually be sand. The face/'skull in the bottom corner of the skull / 4 image that people say is candyman with the bees in his mouth, also look like Imotep when his face was in the sandstorm.

I might be stretching a bit, I know IT and Xeno have similar "evidence"

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90

I'm hoping that his mori is to die by a swarm of bees!! And I really really want it used on me!!

(I'm that survivor who will bow when a fellow survivor gets moried just incase it can be done again! I love the animation!! The last one that I got was the hag, biting out my poor survivor's throat and then ripping out her heart! Absolutely loved it! I'm like, again! Again! Ooooo dang.)

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

For me, it would be a very "oh, ok" kind of moment. After watching the first film in full, I can say it's a very good film and Tony Todd is awesome but, to me, with how much hype is behind this chapter, I'd be a bit disappointed honestly having a killer iconic on more of a cult/horror movie lover level. Plus, I still personally think BHVR wants to get as many of the REAL heavy hitters for the general publics attention before moving onto cult status.

Candyman I think will be a exception though for chapter 17 to coincide with the new movie!

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020

To be honest he’s not really much of an iconic horror character in my opinion🤷‍♂️. I mean I’d be ok with any other killer To me candyman is just like plain yogurt.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Dissapointed. He's only iconic within the U.S.A. from what I've heard and I've never heard of him as a horror character.

Yeah, I'll be intrigued to see what his power is, but just not interested in the character.

I was way more excited hearing about Deathslinger or Oni as OC's.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

How would you feel ripped off if you have the choice to not buy the DLC lmao.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If they got Tony Todd to voice him, I would immediately cream my pants. If they didn't, I'd just go "YES!" so loudly it'd make Krakatoa's blastwave look like a whisper in comparison.

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632

I'd be indifferent ive never seen the movie.Anyone know if its on any streaming platform?

• katoptris

Check hulu but then again maybe you could find it on Netflix

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Id be somewhere in tge middle. Hes fine but there are a few others id rather have

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324

I like him and want him in the game but the other options, like xenomorph/pennywise/Jason are a lot better and bigger and more iconic. save him for another chapter