Killer is too weak to deal with this matchmaking

zWingless
zWingless Member Posts: 3
edited May 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I’m getting tired of being stuck against 4 man groups at rank 1-2 when I’m a good rank 6 killer. There is no reason I should have to play against a good coordinated 4 man group if I can’t do anything to beat them.

the generator repair nerf was great but soon after that maps became darker making it harder to see as killer. So either way it really didn’t give killer any more power and trying to deal with 4 man groups while clearly being underpowered is ridiculous.

I have been running a full impossible skill check doctor build and it’s still impossible to beat a 4 man that’s much better than I am.

if there’s anything I would like to see is killers have a little more power to at least have an enjoyable game, even against 4 man teams that are CLEARLY better than the killer. As well as generator repair speeds being reduced even further due to the fact survivors are still gen rushing and even running builds put together to slow the game down as much as possible it’s still a chore to get a 3-4K.

THIS ISNT OKAY!!!!!!

And playing survivor this happens.....

AGAIN, THIS IS NOT OKAY!!!

Post edited by zWingless on

Comments

• wussyboi2000
    wussyboi2000 Member Posts: 73

I have been running a full impossible skill check doctor build and it’s still impossible to beat a 4 man that’s much better than I am.

That's not a good build for going against try-hard red rank survivors tbh.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

You are playing against players slightly above were you should be by about 1/2 ranks sense its if its working it should be 3 ranks above or below your rank and the smallest difference is 4 which is close but still match making being an issue.

To make yourself a lot stronger as doc I suggest getting rid of lullaby/unnerving for whispers(At max rank if its on you will ALWAYS reveal a survivor with your large AoE power) and pop/surge for slowdown as even as doctor high ranks don't miss skill checks enough for lullaby to work.

• zWingless

Thanks, I’ve been thinking of swapping it out for whispers but if I’m going to cut out lullaby I may as well just play another killer or a completely different build running monitor, right?

• zWingless

It’s fine against red solos or 2-3 mans but rank 1-2 4 mans shouldn’t be going against a purple rank killer anyways, same with solo survivors should t get stuck with 3 rank 19-20s but it still happens

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Its up to you I was just suggesting a single proven build(Doctor has many) idea to try to improve your docs' overall power. I also do not know how often the survivors are missing skill checks in your games so my suggestion with a grain of salt as I am using the average result not what your cases are.

Also one of the reasons why people don't use Huntress Lullaby is that its for the most part "win more" sense it has no effect on how skill checks happen until 1 survivor hook and its a hex which can be dispelled before it reaches that point.

• AbsoluteZer0skill
    AbsoluteZer0skill Member Posts: 27

You said yourself that the teams are much better than you, the game shouldn't be balanced to allow you to consistently beat players better than yourself. The difference between the ranks isn't that much, i'd recommend thinking more about how you play and what you could have done to play better. You need to improve to beat these players. Also, did you report everyone in these matches?

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So you cant comprehend that you will lose to better players?

• Jakeroo
    Jakeroo Member Posts: 49

I feel ya, brother. I'm rank 9 killer now, but I logged my matchmaking when I was rank 13 through rank 11 and I got a total of 3 matches out of about 20 where I got a SINGLE survivor at or below my rank.

I wonder if the reason is because high rank killers are so rare that the algorithm basically has to put good survivors against less skilled killers... and I wonder if the reason that's the case is precisely because it's SO discouraging to play low-rank killer right now... And if that's the case, then no matter how much people would complain, it indicates that killers need a buff in general.