Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Red survivors are not playing, they are abusing

killde
killde Member Posts: 53

And this dumb game allows it.

There is an ENORMOUS difference between low rank survivors and reds, polar opposites.

A well coordinated red group will make the killer rage quit while lower rank survivors might have a hard time.

This game does NOTHING to combat that. Reds are not playing, they do anything BUT complete objectives unless the objective is to torture the killer in which case they're acing it.

Developers are out of their mind if they think this is by any means enjoyable. In any other game in the world people always still put some effort into the objective whether it's shooting or capturing, in dbd there's 0 of that in higher ranks.

Comments

• killde
    killde Member Posts: 53

Translation: I am a survivor in red ranks enjoying the only game platform in the world where the game is one-sided in my favor and I'm having a blast making killers miserable and suicidal.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

Match making is awful and it will be fixed at some point ?

I am sorry for any new killers trying to have a normal game compete against a survivor with 2k hours into the game running with a team on comms with around or more hours into the game.

It's not really fair and you can't learn anything of value from such matches.

Once they see how new or bad the killer plays they ramp it up even more and make it their mission to make you quit so they can post another juke or bully highlight compliation video.

Survivor fun seems to trump people playing killer.

I highly recommend just play survivor until they fix match making.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020

In all honesty I get that you are upset and feel the game is not satisfying for you. My suggestion to you is go play another game until then🤷‍♂️.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I take at least a week long break after a really bad day or two. Nothing in this game right now is anywhere near fun enough even at it's peak to warrant all the abuse and frustration you must climb to get it. When you're fresh after a while you can have a few fun days but then it's break time again before you know it.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020

To be honest I just brush it off I mean I’m not the kind of person that Explodes over losing cause we can’t always expect to win every game. I mean even when I play as a Claudette main and killer Doctor main killers have bad days to and lose in game.

I’m not saying you explode though I wanted to make that clear in case you thought I was saying or pointing that you’re one of those people.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Translation:

"I'm playing killer and losing way too often. Instead I will blame it on gameplay balance (despite the numerous survivor and killer nerfs/buffs that happen in seasons which sway from one side to the other periodically) and act like I deserved to win despite my lack of experience and/or skills."

EDIT: Fixed

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Is this PC or all platforms? I just don't see these bully squads all that often on PS4.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Entirely false.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

No it's ok I totally explode sometimes haha.

It's not that losing causes my problems in this game, it's the fact that everyone has to be extremely toxic while doing it. I've never seen a community more toxic and crawling with people that should burn for way more than eternity than DbD.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

Yes, there are well coordinated SWF groups that abuse killers, and makes the game unfun. The game is too easy for them, so they get their amusement by harassing the killer. There are also a lot of red ranked potato survivors, because they rank up much more easily than killers do. Hopefully, this will change when they revamp the MM system. Supposedly that will match people more based on their actual skill.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

All I can say is laugh out loud.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

If this game is making you miserable and suicidal, I would strongly recommend you take a break.

It’s a game. Losing isn’t important. Survivors blinding you with flashlights isn’t important. None of it reflects on you as a person or your worth to the world, so if losing is making you feel that bad, please take a step away from the game for the sake of your mental health. There are thousands of other games you can play that won’t make you feel that way.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Yeah matchmaking isn't fair and seems like most of survivors just keep messing with me when they realise I'm bad. Kinda sucks out the fun for me. I get it I am bad and don't expect them to just surrender but please just play normally. If it is a fast game it's fine, I try to learn from my mistakes but why the teabagging and burning my eyes to the back of my skull and waiting at the doors when game ends? But not all hope is lost, just finished a game against premade full of red ranks and they played normally and finished the game fast. We chatted for a bit after game, they were really nice to me, apologizing for matchmaking, giving me feedback what I did wrong and how to improve.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

"There are also a lot of red ranked potato survivors, because they rank up much more easily than killers do."

Ranking up as Killer is too easy as well. Otherwise we would not have this sheer amount of Red Rank Killers complaining because the game is too hard for them.

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462

You will always play better as killer if you stay calm. I've been known to get really pest off at the trolls out there running around being toxic moon walking all over the place, And every time I get really pissy off I just play worse and then it's a downward spiral from there like the one guy said take a break for a little bit and then come back later and when you feel your blood pressure start rising again take another break.

However the tutorials thing can't be overlooked. Even after a 1000 hours gameplay I still will watch tutorials and every once in a while sure enough I was missing some little detail that changes everything especially with so many killers with different powers. There is always something to learn even from the very simple beginner videos

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

That's great I am glad you ran into some nice players. The game needs more people like that for sure.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

It’s not too easy for survivors it’s too easy for killers. Insta kills via Mori’s, abilities and perks, insta downs (exposed) how much easier do they have to make it for killers? I main plague with access to none of that and I still do fine. Get yourself a good headset and a TV with high resolution plus some map knowledge and you’ll be alright. I feel like killers that don’t get constant 4Ks are the people that come on here and complain about getting bullied 😂 Killers have such easy ways of ending chases fast, almost too fast. You guys might be lacking competence in this area. That has to be the issue. I’m angry with the lack of playtime I get as survivor due to lack of Being able to defend yourself from tunneling, camping, proxy camping and the constant abuse of Mori’s since there are very little alternatives for killers because of its ridiculous strength in an offering slot - ITS AN OFFERING. Survivors dont have anything that has a similarly strong impact on the game in their offering slot.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2020

I can second this. Can't say I have ever become suicidal but if I play it too much in too short of a period of time I start to get really miserable. That's when I cut back heavily and recharge my patience for the game. It's definitely a game that can get to you if you let it. I have burnt myself out three times now, though every time I come back it's a blast to play again - so don't be afraid to cut back a lot - especially with the new licensed killer coming.

• illusion

It might be too easy, due to matchmaking, but it is significantly easier/faster to rank up as survivor. It is nearly impossible to depip as a survivor. You would have to get found and hooked immediately by the killer, then downed at the hook after an unsafe rescue and then get moried, in order to depip. Probably not the only way, but you get the idea. Killers can work hard and still depip.

Yeah, it is. Unlike you, I play both sides. I can have the worst game ever and still not depip, as a survivor, and ranking up is ridiculously fast. Killers can work hard and still depip, or just black pip. This is not an anti-survivor thing. Leveling too fast is bad for survivors. It puts them into ranks they aren't ready for, which makes them think that killers are over powered. You sound like one of those survivors that don't deserve their rank, so you see killers as being OP. It's not a bad thing, I know that I don't deserve my survivor rank, but I pip every game unless I have an ulucky game where i am downed and hooked early and then get mori'd, but that is rare. However, since I play both sides, i don't jump to the conclusion that killers are OP because they outplay me.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

People that "main" one side can't be taken seriously.

• Aven_Fallen

I rank faster up as Killer. I was basically Rank 1 Killer while still being Rank 5 as Survivor (because I got a horrible evening and depipped from 3 to 5). In general, I have more Pips/Game on average as Killer than Survivor, because I have more Blackpips and Double-Pips when playing Killer.

And I would consider myself mediocre, at best. And I guess most people on the forum are exactly like that - mediocre at best. But because they play the Powerrole they think they deserve a 4K every game.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

Yes man, like u, I am rank 1 as killer and survivor but it's a game of kids play as a survivor however killer is stronger. I would like to get more nerfs for swf that are a lot of rushers or they just used god loops

• illusion

Don't know what you are getting at. What does ranking faster have to do with getting 4k's? That sounds like a clueless survivor argument, but it doesn't even fit the conversation. Survivors ranking too fast is not a good thing for survivors. It's not a killer hating on survivors thing. I play both roles, I know that it is much easier to rank up as a survivor. That is NOT a shot at survivors. I'm looking at it objectively. As i said, it is almost impossible to depip as a survivor, unless you are a complete potato. Some games i feel that I play like a potato, yet i still pip.

Not going to say that you are making up that you you ranked faster as a killer, but all that would mean is that you play significantly better as killer than survivor, and/or you are playing against these survivors that ranked too quickly and they are easy to kill. You, like many survivors, likely don't deserve the rank you have, so it has become more difficult for you in the higher ranks. Again, that is not a shot. I feel i don't deserve my rank as a survivor. I rank even when i play poorly. As killer, I feel i deserve my rank, though, because of the MM system, some games are far to easy, while others are considerably more difficult.

The problem with survivors ranking too fast is that when they face tougher killers, survivor mains feel that killers are OP. It also makes it easier for killers in games where they play against these survivors that are in a rank they don't deserve.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i have quite the contrary experience. my survivors dont really do anything BUT the objective...

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

If you're getting suicidal over this game, quit it. Don't ruin your health over it.

• Aven_Fallen

What I mean is that I more often Double-Pip as Killer. I can only speculate, but I guess it is because as Killer I am only dependant on myself, while as Survivor, the Killer has to be decent AND I have to share Unhooks/Chases/Gens with other Survivors. Killers have more control about their own game. Sure, now someone can come up with "BUT IF I CHASE SOMEONE 3 GENS GET DONE". Well, then dont chase someone for 3 Gens.

I feel that this is the main reason for many complaints in this Forum - Players are not good enough, but think they are good (because they reach Red Ranks) and think that being in Red Ranks gives the right to complain about everything.

Like I said, I depipped to Rank 5 because of a really bad evening. Like getting one-hooked, Iri Head/Ebony-Huntress, stuff like that. But overall I would say that my Survivor would have an easy game against my Killer, so from my experience, ranking up is too easy for both sides. I think I can estimate how good I am at Killer, so I know that I should not be at Rank 1, lol. And I know from my Survivor games that other Killers also should not be at Rank 1 (prime example: I had a Freddy who was not able to catch me at 2 linked T/L-Walls. After running around the wrong side all the time he changed his tactic to window-vaulting, success was limited. And this guy was Rank 1...).

In general, DBD is not a difficult game at all. So I dont like that "Survivor Ranking is too easy", while the Killer Ranking is not really harder. MAYBE the MMR will change anything, but I doubt it.

In the end, it might be entirely possible that Killers get easier games because Survivors have it easy to rank up. But even then, this is basically a self-reinforcing spiral - bad Survivors help bad Killer to rank up, which allows even worse Survivors to rank up, which allows even worse Killers to rank up and so on.

• illusion

Yep, it's definitely a vicious circle. Survivors ranking too fast puts them in higher ranks against killers who are more experienced, making it an easier game for the killer. Killers may rank too quickly, as well, but survivors rank much faster and more easily. As a survivor, you don't even have to come close to escaping, or even finishing gens, to rank up. A hook rescue or two can be enough, along with a little gen work, and some chase time, even if you lose the chase.

I think that most of the stuff that survivors get rank XP for, that doesn't require any skill, should have the rank XP reduced. I also think survivors should get more blood points for things they do, including hanging on the hook, rather than suiciding, and recovering while slugged. I think they should even get BP's for getting mori'd.

For killers it's a lot more convoluted. They can do extremely well in a game, and even get a 4k, but still not pip or rank up, because of other criteria not being met. They may rank too fast, as well, but it's still slower than survivors. Typically, if you have a survivor and killer of the same rank, the killer will be the better player. There will be exceptions, of course, but in general that is the case. This is not a slight toward survivors. It makes for a bad game if less skilled survivors are going against much better killers. In addition, there are players on both sides that deserve their rank, and will demolish the other side. hopefully when they redo the MM system, we will see more balanced matches. Rank will be meaningless then, and it won't matter.