Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Where is piggy in peoples opinion?

2»

Comments

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2020

Another pig main here. There's not a lot of us really.

As far as how good the Pig is - I think most "experts" put her at lower-mid tier, though a lot of the time it's a matter of "I feel she's closer to mid tier than her position on the list lets on" - I think she could have a bit of a sleeper thing going where she is underutilized thus under-appreciated.

For tips - I would recommend watching Scorpionz if you want to see one of the best (if not THE best) pigs in the world.

From watching Scorpionz, some of the skill in Pig is in managing your terror radius but mainly in perfecting the dash and learning the exact situations it is useful in. Scropionz is so good that he can 4K consistently with Pig at the highest level.

If you are at a short loop the idea is to head off the survivor at the pallet and then make them guess which side you will charge them from. You can put your red stain facing one way while you are charging and then quickly turn around and dash the other. Also if you really put in the time you can master moonwalking with dash (going backwards) - though that's way beyond my skill level.

I put a lot of effort personally in using my crouch to get a lot of free hits, it's definitely a great idea to learn when you can have to crouch while approaching a gen to ensure they won't know you're coming. An alternative method is using Whispers + Monitor and Abuse, this way you can crouch when whispers activates before your terror radius hits them.

My build personally is BBQ, Pop, Enduring and Brutal Strength - I like to throw in I'm All Ears as well sometimes and replace it with Enduring.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I think she can be a great killer but I notice most times when I go against her she just tunnels a survivor she's put a trap on rather than apply pressure to the other survivors - seems like waste of a trap and more often than not I see her only get a 1k, maybe 2k. Feel like many don't use her to her full potential making her not as difficult to go against. The ones that use the traps well to apply pressure tend to be pretty brutal to go against.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

See, this guy gets it.

Dash isn't just there for a first hit. It's a powerful mindgame tool that has a high skill requirement and ceiling.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Its not just her dash that's high skill... its her whole kit

And timing is everything to a Pig

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Kinda bad ngl

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

This. She has so much potential its a shame. The traps do need more consistency and its sooooo dumb people can leave through hatch with an active trap on. Thats happened to me enough I had to put her down for awhile

• Dead_by_Gadfly

Define tunnel the trap. If i walk buy and hear you working on removing it what im suposed to do ignore you?

Or do you mean tunnel you off hook till your dead, cause those are very different things

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Second best stall in the game just behind legion, besides that, her ambush is pretty good at certain loops.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I wouldnt say Second Best, because her stall is rather RNG dependent.

I would honestly put that up to Plague more because with little fountains to work with, it can take survivors ages before they can cleanse again.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

It's both (to an extent)

Focusing on the survivor whom has a trap on till death

It's not finding a survivor on a box and hitting them

• Dead_by_Gadfly

Fair enough then. I only asked because Ive had people call the other tunneling before

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited May 2020

I think Pig is slightly below average, she’s still one of the more balanced killers compared to most others. A few of her add ons could use some changes though, like Amanda’s Letter & Amanda’s Secret

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Even with both definitions, it's still a terrible way to play for both parties. You are literally better off slugging, as it forces the other survivors over to heal them, or waste Unbreakable, and it makes the trapped person waste even more time.

But then again, there is literally no reason to target them, but by all means take a stab if they walk into you.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

I always want to boop the snoot. That snoot needs a good boopin.