Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Daily Quest Ideas

So I'm fairly new to DBD and this has probably been brought up before, but why are daily rituals tailored specifically to either killer or survivor instead of having two quests for a single reward that allows you to play either side? So instead of having just a single quest for survivors that's like "Open the Exit Gates one time as Dwight Fairfield", why not make it a double sided quest like "Open the Exit Gates once as Dwight Fairfield OR Sacrifice two people as the Huntress". Just an idea that I thought I might share, given it's probably been brought up before, I was just wondering if there is any reason as to why it is like this?

Comments

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89

It's not a beginner-friendly system (then few things are when it comes to DBD), but it does have one nice side-effect of encouraging people to play both sides, which is good for the community. So I agree that it's pretty unkind to someone starting out (it took me weeks to finally clear my dailies), it does have one nice thing about it.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

The idea behind dailies is to get people to play both sides. Having an OR option negates this effect. Honestly, I think it'd be better if dailies trended more toward the side you play least often. If it were possible.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

If they increase it to 4 daily challenges, then there could always be 2 survivor and 2 killer, rather than a mish-mash that could result in 3 killer or survivor challenges only.

Would also be good if the challenges relate to the perks you have, so it may detect which ones you have and ask you to escape a round with the perk X. That may encourage players to mess about with perks more.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

I would make the maximum more than 3, maybe 9. And have more than one appear every day, just to increase the overall amount of bloodpoints one can earn.