What map needs the biggest rework in your opinion?

Options

For me it's Myers map. It's so disgusting, there's an escape root for every survivor strategy and the walls are so long. Besides almost every pallet is safe, as a killer it's incredibly annoying.

What do you guys think? What map is in need of a rework? Let me know down below.

Comments

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Many maps still need changes but my top 3 maps that need fixes are Ormond, Hawkins lab (mainly fixing trap pallets and bad door spawns otherwise it's kind of fine) and as you said Lampkin lake. That doesn't mean other maps are well designed, only my personal preference for future reworks.

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794
    Options

I agree that Haddonfield still has issues with the long walls. I would also like to see a rework on Hawkins to make some of the pallets a bit safer.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

As much as I hate Haddonfield, it's actually only my 5th least favourite map.

Mother's Dwelling needs a change. Its too large. I hate it.

Family Residence is too dark, too much bamboo, too many safe pallets, awful jungle gyms, and it's too large. I hate it.

Sanctum of Wrath is like Azarov's less-successful sibling. The fact its on Yamaoka only hurts the map more.

Fractured Cowshed- the safe "filler" pallets are still far too plentiful, cowtree just exists, and both windows are open in the main building (which is actually a buff to it).

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279
    Options

gideon's meat plant, easily.

not only is it annoying to navigate and basically only good for stealth killers, but even when I'm playing a stealth killer I find it dreary and ugly and sigh. like yes, I'll take what amounts to a free win, but I won't enjoy it.

• Lowkeysaurus
    Lowkeysaurus Member Posts: 50
    Options

Lampkin Lane is a bit of a stickler for the Devs, I think. It's definitely survivor-biased, but it's also one of the rarer maps, so I don't believe it's top priority due to that. That being said, it's also a map with a licensed chapter, so I'm fairly certain not much editing can be done to it, but I could be wrong. Not a dev, after all.

Though personally, maps I hate depend on what I'm playing as.

As a killer in Cold wind Farm, I'm completely blind in the corn. It's so hard to see, and it takes up like 80% of the map. It's kind of balanced in retrospect, since neither survivor nor killer can see anything at all. Paired with that, it's a huge map, and without a killer with map pressure, survivors are all but guaranteed an escape.

Mount Ormond is extremely light, which makes survivors (particularly Claudette, Adam and Tapp) stand out, however this is countered by the sheer amount of clutter across the mapfor survivors to hide behind, but this also makes it an opportune map for The Legion, Freddy, Pig (with the right buyables)and Ghostface, since they're all shorter characters or can crouch behind the objects. That being said, Ormond's amount of brightness means that bloodstains are particularly saturated and stand out more, although scratch marks are less visible. Combatting this, the fog makes it viable for both survivors and killers to hide, though with the right aura reading perks this is counterable pretty easily. Overall, it's not a very large map and is made to seem larger by the main building in the middle.

Family Residence. Now that is a #########. It's extremely dark, opportune for Claudette, Adam and Tapp, but that also makes it opportune for the darker or shorter killers, especially paired with the extreme clutter and foliage. Such killers include The Shape, Ghostface, The Wraith (due to his cloak), The Pig, The Spirit (her ability), Freddy and Deathslinger. Paired with this, it's one of the biggest maps on the whole game, and again with a killer without map pressure it's almost impossible to get a hit, let alone even find a survivor.

• Mr_Slick546
    Mr_Slick546 Member Posts: 117
    Options

Ormond needs to be smaller, all farm maps need half their corn removed, Crotus Prenn Asylum needs to lose one of the 2 main building window loops.

• Lowkeysaurus
    Options

Ormond is actually only 6th largest, so somewhere in the middle.

• Mr_Slick546
    Mr_Slick546 Member Posts: 117
    Options

Ya, and the entire map is full of pallets and strong structures, so it either needs to be smaller or lose a bunch of pallets. Literally the most survivor sided map in the game btw.

• Lowkeysaurus
    Options

I'd say it's more to do with the clutter. There's a lot of space for survivors to hide, to loop, vault etc. It's also the brightest, which makes survivors stand out more. Though to be fair, Lampkin Lane and Yamaoka Estate are probably far more survivor-biased.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    Options

I would say that the new map.

1. It has some very nasty loops, where killer is just forced to break the wall.
    2. It has 3 safe generators spots, one of which is the safest one in the game (you need to long the long route or break the wall, to get to this gen on the saloon balcony.
    3. Its very open, with balcony allowing to see, exactly where trapper and hag are putting their traps.
    4. It has a basement placement pot, that has no gens nearby.
    5. There is actually daylight on this map...

Number one can be ezily fixed with new quicker animation. Lets say that the killer will just charge at them with their shoulder. It would be more menacing than kicking it... This animation is so bad for that. Also it shouldn't be used for adding massive amount of stronger loops, that can be reduced in power to normal loops after breaking the wall.

2 Gens can stay... but this one on the balcony... you don't even need balanced lanidng for this to be safe. It's unmindgameable, only deathslinger can hit you there (and you don't really care, when you are injured). There is only way up, after which killer has no other choice, but to follow you. This gen is actually safer, than the one in the lab.

Hag can menage there, but trapper... His traps are perfectly visible on most of the loops, unlike on Lampkins Lane he can't really trap falls (balcony gen has too many of them, the one on the gallows is too eazy to spot and you really reduced only to the spots on the sides... and survivors can eazily see, on which loops you are placing them.

All basements, bu this one, have at least 1 gen nearby. It's in the corner of the map, where, there is maybe 2 loops and nothing else.

Ok, why this map has daylight? Is this the end? I mean... Dead by Daylight? Well... ludonarrative dissonance it is then.

And when it comes to all around changes:

1. 3 Gens, where there are 3 generators right on top of each other shoudln't be a thing. Yea, i get it, survivor 3 gened themselfes... but c'mon, if all generators are in range of one bottle of clown's tonic something is wrong.
    2. Big empty areas, they are bad for everyone (except billy), killers have to walk a lot to patrol gens, there are just the dumbest totem placement spots and survivors have nowhere to run.
    3. Totem placement... some of the spots are just shining on top of the hill... nothing to add here.
    4. Lockers right next to a window... well, i don't think i have to explain this.
  • Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 742
    Options

Rotten Fields/Shelter Woods/The Game/Haddonfield/Hawkins.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Haddonfield the obvious offender with its long fences and houses all over the place.

Hawkins with the nonexistant gameplay

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Ngl, I think Dead Dawg Saloon sucks for both sides. Killer can be really obnoxious if they get to the main building and you have to break the walls, but survivor can be really obnoxious if you're NOT at the main building, considering how bad the pallets are and how they require no mindgame.

Then I'd rework Hawkins (again, no mindgameable pallets, all are unsafe) then Haddonfield (too safe, all pallets are safe and the walls are ridiculous).

Unpopular opinion: The Game is balanced for both sides, since all the pallets are safe even if there is a little of them.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Haddonfield, Hawkins and The Game. Haddonfield is just awful as killer, Hawkins has no real gameplay, you just run and thwack. I don't even think it's exactly killer-sided, because (as with Haddonfield and The Game) you can get ridiculous walls and doors that essentially give people free gens in addition to the 2 standard free gens.

And The Game is just awful. Every pallet is safe, but once they're gone there's NOTHING. And on top of that there's the ridiculous wall spawns shared by all three of these maps. The only time I'm happy to be in the meatworks is when I'm playing Ghostface or Pig. Or when I have aura-reading perks and SB.