The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What usually ends up getting you killed? (Solo)

DelsKibara
DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Just a quick question to the community because I am curious about the answers.

What usually ends up getting you killed during a SOLO Survivor game?

What usually ends up getting you killed? (Solo) 208 votes

Teammates leaving you on the hook
39%
BossFatelanceRattmanzacmangamingFibijeanIhatelifeliv071981GHERBEARRULESAcesthetiicarslaNAChaoticKillerRieJacoby2041RainbowPatooietimidlukeBabyCameron10SteenGooierFog_KingDelsKibaraKernelzilla 82 votes
Killer camping the hook
10%
Alexis_DimekToppingPanicDeadeyeTaigaIcewhisperaznfruitboiiPrettyFaceKatenimesulideMakr0GothicPrincessCosmicKitten27NebulaSpookyOrchidsMetalhead1738RevivedBeast184calemMisterNegativesVeckmanNoob27 22 votes
Killer brought a Mori/Devour Hope
5%
DustinTheetisbangbisonnoname11223345zireael_amberulmRoseyDevlinalullabyfortheclarksBabySteveBillyboi123illiumredMSX_exe 12 votes
Killer let you bleed out
0%
NinjaDette1 1 vote
Teammates farming you off of the hook
12%
FoggyDownpourMister_xDSpartagone45RaveanHertsuFINmusstang62giulianodannyfanMrPenguinMrsGhostfacePokemonGOPlayerinbiergebadenOBXBassTramGreenMonkey3410shrekinatKuhthulhuLumionestyghostfaceisthegoatEmperor16Citrusfruit 26 votes
Other
31%
Seiko300AcromioCheersVolantConch1719TapeKnotMegaWaffleF60_31Fres0c0Kind_LemonMewAven_FallenTheRockstarKnightxEaWalker_of_the_fog_96HeroiqNullSp3calaenyiaSnow_Ghost_Raven014DetailedDetriment 65 votes

Comments

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Other

Where is the "I just die on the hook" option. I am pretty sure this is the most common way to die in DbD.

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114

Teammates leaving me on the hook and me usually being terrible at getting away from the killer

• FFabeq
    FFabeq Member Posts: 530
    edited April 2020
    Other

Dedicated servers + sometimes i get tunneled.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

I use Kindred, so please tell me why my teammates still don't come get me?

Nevermind, I forgot that Selfcare > Teammates, my bad.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211
    Other

90% of the time, it's just me being stupid.

• Zaonhort
    Zaonhort Member Posts: 101

I literally run kindred all the time in solo queue and I've been 1 hooked or got to second stage so many times with that and the killer isn't even camping.

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216
    Other

me being a potatoe

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650
    edited May 2020
    Other

Altruism, every time. I play with a real "no troll left behind" view and get killed more often than not trying to get other team members out. Most likely, hooks after the exit is open.

Post edited by alaenyia on
  • magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499
    Other

I just suck. Lol

• Prasie_Atua
    Prasie_Atua Member Posts: 17
    Other

Becoming a potato when being chased and trying to help my team

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Other

One of two things usually:

My teammates not doing gens while I'm being chased all over the map.

Me constantly getting found and downed because I'm the only one trying to do gens.

I give an honorable mention to teammates killing themselves on hook or being tunneled to death.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Other

I get tunneled constantly. You could say it blends into camping, but that is how I die.

• Famicx
    Famicx Member Posts: 55
    Other

Teammates that do nothing but walk/crouch around the map (at red ranks) and don’t even do gens and go down within 30 seconds in a chase

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Other

It's kind of curious that there is no "I just got outplayed" poll option, though I suppose that's what "Other" is for it still seems like an obvious answer.

I mean there are two real answers here that are mysteriously devoid of being an option. 1 my teammates were garbage, or 2 I was garbage. Pretty simple really

I find in Red Ranks I'm normally queued with pretty experienced players (even if not all of them are all that great) so I don't really have a problem with being farmed off the hook, being left on the hook, at the same time killers at that rank know that in most situations (save for certain exceptions) camping is just not all that viable. It is at low ranks, cause people are dumb, good luck trying that crap as a rank 1 killer you will just get smoked. At the same time I don't see too many Moris out there, they pop up every now and then but, being an Ace main I guess you could say I've been pretty lucky.

That's about the short of it really

• Pok
    Pok Member Posts: 100
    Other

3rd hook because I messed up in chases? I don't understand why this option isn't here, it's like you cant loose because the killer is just better than you..

And also, in my experience, it's uncommon that people simply leave me on the hook. Most of the cases when this happens is because the unhook would be way too unsafe, and honestly I don't blame them. I think people on this poll are not completely honest or just remember their bad games..

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045
    edited May 2020
    Other

Mostly my own mistake, including being too altruistic to get someone else out.

But I dont care about surviving that much. It only grinds my gears if that person I rescued (and died for) messes up and dies as well.

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Other

Everyone else just annoying the killer, leaving gens to me. When they do get them all, I have to deal with either getting door or hatch, because survivors can be idiotic in how they play a match.

• Raven014
    Other

Don'tcha know, survivors have enough second chance perks where they don't need skill to outplay killers! XD

• Raven014
    Other

They're wanting the most out of kindred, that's all... Feels bad though. : /

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Other

The toxicity of swf's

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Teammates farming you off of the hook

its usually just teammates being extremely overaltruistic and all rushing the hook at once, giving the killer multiple free hooks in the process.

so by the time i get hooked once, basically everyone else is eigther on deathhook or already dead - and we have max. 3 gens done.

thats why Kindred is a must have perk for me - i know when its on me to save / when its safe to do so and they know there is someone else going for the rescue / when the killer camps me.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Other

For me what usually gets me killed is me not knowing the loops, now I have been playing this game for a few months now but I still need to memorize the loops particularly now when they changed the maps. But it usually is me who gets myself killed, and what the problem is that when I do run to a loop their is no pallet or its already broken. But it is usually my fault I get hooked no one elses.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Other

An equal combination of teammates hiding all game, teammates farming me off the hook, or teammates not knowing how to loop a killer.

More often than not, even horrible game design.

• anusise
    anusise Member Posts: 6
    Other

Just being and idiot and being greedy with pallets, but mostly being and idiot.

• Rie
    Rie Member Posts: 86

Reason I now only play with friends.

I've been left to die so often on the hook with KINDRED!

• casonius
    casonius Member Posts: 29

I always hate it when you're playing with swf and you power up a gen or are just crossmap. final gen pops, and bam, they open the gate. And now you're in a race against time vs somebody like bubba, ghostface, Shape, or any noed. You cant risk opening the other gate cus if you get caught you're dead, you can't go for the gate cus what if they use their power or have noed. So its either get lucky with the hatch or get lucky finding the noed. And its really just a matter of getting lucky with not running into the killer. And then there's always the issue of the hatch / noed spawning right by the gates. It's one of those issues that only occurs one in 10 times the gates even get powered, but when it does, you just kinda instinctively know that the game is lacking here. You can't help but feel like you should be able to do something but, haha the hatch / noed spawned near the killer / gate. So you're dead.

• casonius
    casonius Member Posts: 29

I realize now that I am addressing two different things here but my main issue is definitely the second part.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Other

I'm that survivor that prioritizes saving teammates over escaping.

if one goes down and gets hooked late game for example. unless it's a facecamping basement bubba (or the survivor was an A-hole to the killer). I'll definitely go for a 1 for 1 with borrowed time. even if i'm on death hook. it gets me killed most of the times. and sometimes we both escape. but at the end. it's what i love doing.

• Kernelzilla
    Kernelzilla Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2020

*Teammates leaving you on the hook*

happens me a lot of times (and they are rank "red").

• alullabyfortheclarks
    alullabyfortheclarks Member Posts: 47
    Killer brought a Mori/Devour Hope

self explanatory

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Killer camping the hook

Can't decide between bad teammates and tunneling. But I go for the killer wanting me to get out of the game, because bad teammates would be the first choice when talking about why the game ended in a 4k

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    Killer let you bleed out

I’m going to have to say both letting me bleed out and killer camping the hook. I guess even sometimes teammates letting me die on the hook.

• surv43
    surv43 Member Posts: 331
    Other

I either die first and no one saves me, or I die last without ever seeing and no one saves me. I do not understand how to play if I 1 and fix and save and last Vishu, and the mancers and especially the killer get 2 times more blood points if not 3. Saw off the chili maphack barbecue so that it bites side effects for the killer and establish a balance for the survivors playing over the link, complicate the game strictly for them. NOT FOR SOLO PLAYERS

• rabldong
    rabldong Member Posts: 91

One obvious option: when a bad teammate used up all the god pallets in a single chase but the chase itself lasted less than 20 seconds. Then I get killed because there are no pallets in the map.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Other

low fps, freezes, and not being able to pull down pallets from the front are the main causes of my destruction.

• EwokVDub
    EwokVDub Member Posts: 13
    Other

I like how there isn't a: It's my own fault I died and I need to get better option

Let's be honest, it's probably our own fault most of the time and we need to stop blaming others for our own inadequacies

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

once I got left on a hook during a match with a farmer. they were 2 hooking everyone but didn't tell us to get chase points easier (he had a hunt ritual he wanted to do). I got hooked the second time and struggled until death. one was being chased, another let go on 2nd hook, and the last wasn't doing anything. just running around aimlessly, often running past gens. that sucked.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited May 2020
    Other

Bad teammates not playing the goddamn objective.

• LegionAbuser
    LegionAbuser Member Posts: 31
    Other

Even if i want to blame my teammates, if i end on the hook its entirelly my fault, masking it wont do any good :)

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452
    Other

I get tunneled when my team is being useless

• Ihatetoxicsurvivors
    Ihatetoxicsurvivors Member Posts: 50
    Other

I voted for other by mistake but I always die solo to rank 20 survivors who don't know how to unhook.... And I'm not even rank 20 and the killer ends up being in red ranks or something its ridiculous

• a105
    a105 Member Posts: 39

stop..#########..self..caring...please...

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Other

I am a po-ta-to.