I DON'T BELIEVE IT, solo is THIS bad

WRussoW
WRussoW Member Posts: 715

We had a Meg had No Mither, that is already a red flag, we played against the Plague. She got infected, we all weren't cleansing BUT. BUUUUUUUT. SHE WAS THE ONE CLEANSING ALL THE TIME. SO EVERYBODY ELSE STARTED CLEANSING.

She was already broken, she just fed that Plague that power like no tomorrow. Sis, you okay? IS SHE A BOT? I think there are secretly bots in this game. I have no other explanation. PEOPLE CAN'T BE LIKE THAT. THEY CCAAAANN'T.

Comments

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

I got confused by your post was this meg you?.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

There will be people that save a sick person while another sick one is hooked, they'll immediately cleanse the little sick they have, go save the other sick person and cleanse immediately again. I think they just like giving the plague power.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

"My lobby had a Meg with No Mither that was already a bad omen, but it got worse. The killer ended up being a Plague, the Meg got infected as expected, but while the rest of us weren't cleansing. The Meg SHE cleansed every single time she got infected. Which ended up causing everybody else to start cleansing due to Plague's endless supply of Corrupted bile

The Meg already had no mither but despite that, she just kept feeding that Plague corrupted bile like no tomorrow. I honestly half think the Meg was a bot. Because the way some players I've run into have acted in the past, Its given me the suspicion that there are a bunch of bot accounts in the wild. I just can't see how she was a real player, surely players in this game have better judgement then that?"

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

ROFL

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020

lol sorry I misread your post it’s been a long day today.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

I mean it's a bunch of people playing a video game. Illogical behavior is kind of our go to as people.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited May 2020

What a Chad Meg; forcing her fellow Survivors to give the Killer their power and make the game more interesting - even when it didn't benefit her.

Why can't I get more Megs like that in my Survivor games.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Wait I'm confused... you mean survivors are still choosing to "Not Cleanse" against a Plague after the update that gave her 1 corrupt fountain in the beginning? I must be playing Plague in the wrong ranks then because that tactic is crazy rare for me now (purple ranks).

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715
  • Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

That's so odd. Lol. Considering she only has one hit before she was downed you'd think she'd be trying to avoid the OP red puke of death.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I've actually had better win/kd playing solo than with my friends.

When I play solo I often play far more focused and tend to either follow the aggressive teammates lead or I become the aggressive leader.

When I play with my friends we often goof off or no one seems to follow anyones lead.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Was she good at chasing though? Like, was she confident in her abilities, and was actually good? Cause she could've been mocking the rest of you. If she sucked as well, she's clearly trolling.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

There should be an option to adjust the difficulty of your teammates 😆

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Not cleansing is the right move for the first half of the game. She only has one pool and it can spawn in a disadvantageous place, meaning she has to lose time to go and get it. Survivors feeding her easy extra pools at 4 or 5 gens left is often a death sentence. Once a few gens are done though you can cleanse in those dead zones and it makes getting her power a bit more risky for her.

A lot of survivors don’t understand that they should be tactical with when and where they cleanse though, they either think “cleansing is good because I don’t want to be injured!” or “cleansing is ALWAYS BAD” and it really isn’t that black and white of a choice. And in solo queue there’s no way to communicate any of this so if you have someone panicky on your team you’re kinda screwed.

• riotangel
    riotangel Member Posts: 176

Or, that Meg is an accomplice. Witnessed that multiple times before.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

You're honestly confused by this? Allow me to try to explain. No Mither is a perk that leaves you broken, a status that has you in the injured state and unable to go to healthy meaning it will only every take 1 hit to down you. The plague's infection is a power that will get you into the broken state. In case you've already forgotten, the broken status is a status that has you in the injured state and unable to go to healthy meaning it will only take 1 hit to down you. So the major negative effect of getting hit by the Plague's infection is the exact same as the one somebody using No Mither starts the match with and can't possibly get away with at any point. The Plague's infection gives them the exact same status as the one the perk does.

In case you're unaware what cleansing does, when somebody with the Plague's infection uses a clean fountain, that player heals from any effects of the Plague's infection but in exchange the fountain becomes corrupted. If the Plague interacts with a corrupt fountain, she gains the power to down survivors from a distance with minimal effect to her movement speed unlike other ranged killers. This makes her SIGNIFICANTLY more dangerous.

• SaltyLanguage
    SaltyLanguage Member Posts: 4

I see what u're trying to say but if the plague is with her power, you just have to play a little safer/hidden

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

the solution is not playing solo

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

That's not what they were confused with lol, they were confused that people still used the "no cleanse" tactic in the first place. They weren't talking about the original post at all.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited May 2020

That's not at all the part that confused me. What confused me is that survivors still use the "Don't Cleanse" strategy against her after she was updated to automatically start with 1 corrupt fountain, especially since when I play her they practically never use this strategy, and and instead opt to start cleansing right away. I had honestly thought the "Don't Cleanse" strategy had gone extinct because of either the update for her, or because she's so rare to go up against that people have forgotten how to deal with her.

As for the No Mither player choosing to cleanse, I can understand why they did it (While fully infected survivors become easier to hear and see), but since they were going to remain broken anyway, it definitely wasn't a great tactic on their part and only fed the Plague more ammo for her ranged attack of nigh un-dodge-able death, which, for a player who is going to remain 1 shot for the whole match regardless, is a really stupid move (again theorizing that the player simply didn't know how to handle Plague because of lack of experience against her).

Well that gives me hope that my old pre-update build that relied on the survivors using the "Don't Cleanse" strategy, may actually be usable again. ever since the update however, most survivors I go up against start cleansing as soon as they can, so I've had to adopt to a build that's more Corrupt Purge oriented than infection, and to be honest, my old build worked much better than any corrupt purge builds I've come up with.

So survivors, spread the word please: Don't cleanse against Plague!