The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

High Ranked Players , What do you hate encountering

Crackgear
Crackgear Member Posts: 279
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

As a killer and a survivor player , I ask of you what are your most annoying things that you find when playing the game repetitively.

Mine is

- Survivors who try too hard and obviously initiate chases Infront of killer (causing killer to ignore them obviously or save them for last ).

- Killers who stream snipe then totally just AFK's giving a free win to others. (But not the streamer , duh.)

- Survivors who does not help you in any shape or form (if your one shot possible during endgame , they wouldn't even try to body block the killer or take the hit).

- Players who are so entitled (survivor/killer) that think their gods in endgame chat and harasses both teams but played like sheet in loops (or anything for that fact).

And finally players who are dicks and just low causing you trouble for you and the whole team (then talks sheet in chat )

Comments

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I'm going to be honest the two things that annoy me the most....

Number 1..Getting d striked when I go out of my way not to tunnel camp or be in anyway deserving of it.

Number two the actual lack of understanding between killers and suriviors this is a game both sides should have fun drop the negative behaviour and just damn lack of understanding.

🐷

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Bugs and dc'ing teammates.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

The people that constantly flick their flashlights. So annoying

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

-Survivors leaving you on first hook when you're running Kindred - they see the killer isn't nearby as well as other survivors auras not making a move.

-Survivors sandbag way more often in red ranks, as solo survivor makes red ranks not enjoyable to play with.

-Killers/survivors in red ranks trying to see who can make the match last the shortest amount of time so it's low scoring on both sides.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020

Well for me when I’m not playing as killer I’ve had a few matches where a Teammate pulls down a pallet in front of me hoping the killer Would change targets and not go for them. Sometimes the killer ignores me and goes for the bad teammate that did this. Recently though I had a zarina as a teammate who was healing me then as the killer came she cut in front of me to leap over a pallet and the killer ignored her and goes for me.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

A horrible connection (from my end or the server end).

I hate not being able to play the game.

This was my last game before I decided to take a break and make sure my internet is fine and okay first before playing the game again:

And no, prior to this it was not THIS bad. (As you can see in the top left, it was my connection that was lagging which is why I am trying to get it fixed.)

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

As Survivor: People who get downed super fast. Please, learn to use pallets and windows to your advantage.

As Killer: People who are overly stealthy. I would like to play the game please.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

As survivor: Freddy and deathslinger

As killer: Immersed survivors

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited May 2020

I hate slugging IF nurses. There are only 2 good nurse players in my region (on Xbox) and they both use this and just slug until bleedout. It makes it really annoying/infuriating.

And for killer: Overly toxic SWF teams.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

Honestly SWF dont bother me too much but what does bother me is when people are just doing nothing but generators, they delay saves, don't go for crazy flashlights, because while yes they are doing their objective efficiently it just leads to a hopeless 4 minute game. These games where everyone is glued to gens are some what rare, but I do get them every other day in red ranks and it can get pretty annoying.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Teammates who literally do nothing throughout the entire game

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

I mean honestly spirit. I've only played against her once this past 2 weeks but I can say it was the least fun experience I have had in those 2 weeks. Like even the game before, which was a legion with an ebony mori, was still quite fun.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Getting outplayed by bugs

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Keys and moris.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

As survivor: facecamping, moris, spirit, clown, freddy.

As killer: keys and post-game chat.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459

I hate encountering FPS drops on console all the frickin time! Bloodlust kicks in, FPS drops; here's a free escape for survivor. Myers got tier three, FPS drops; I got stuck into wall and killer got a free hit. Oh, here's a certain map/cosmetic and DPS drops. Teleport as Hag, here's some FPS drops. Shock as Doctor, here's some FPS drops. Generator got finished, here's some FPS drops. They really should start optimizing for console more.

Regarding actual gameplay, I hate encountering boosted Freddys and having selfish and cowardice teammates who leave you die at first hook even though the killer is in the other side of the map.

• boboca
    boboca Member Posts: 78

as killer: gen rush squads.

as survivors: campers.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited May 2020

Everything but Moris and Keys are fair game in my view, I could care little what you are using but merely the way one acts. DBD is an awesome game with two different ways to play. The biggest problem this game faces isn't balancing its simply a playerbase that's become too blind and forgotten that the otehr players aren't this cult out to destroy them

Its just another side of the playerbase that likes playing a different way. Thus I treat every survivor group with the same basic level of respect I want for myself.

Now if you excuse me

I AM BLUEOFFANG

GRORIOUS WRATHU MAIN OF READ RYE DAYLIGHT

U AR ARR NASTY BMER AND WIILL BE DING DONG BANNU

U CRITICIZE YOUR TEAM? DING DONG BANNU

U NO RIKE GRORIOUS ADDONs? DING DONG BANNU

U COMPRAIN ABOUT GRORIOUS PERKS? DING DONG BANNU

U COMPRAIN ABOUT GRORIOUS WRAITHU? OH, YOO BETTA BEREEV DAT'S A BANNU

END OF RINE

------RINE ENDS HERE

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Bad teammates, they're the bane of my existence. I sometimes get games with good teammates and even if we lose in those, it was fun.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I hate toxicity, player entitlement and OoO. That's pretty much it.

• Crackgear

I know you and I like wraith , smash them together and we get love

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Yeah sometimes you get teammates that just make you question, who really is the killer here? Your teammates or the guy with the knife?

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

Exactly what I say when I switch from killer to survivor😂.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

The ones that go hide in a locker when they have D-strike.

Also useless potatoes that throw every pallets in the match within the first 2 minutes

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

As survivor, can’t say there’s anything I hate encountering, it’s all pretty fun.

As killer, the only things I hate encountering is a stealth team...that rather than go for gens or saves, just play hide and go seek with you. This is NOT very common in high ranks, but I have encountered it, boring and annoying. The other thing is when a team happens to 3 gen themselves, and all are too afraid to make a move for them...drastically boring and exceedingly long final part of the game.

• Gurpsmeister
    Gurpsmeister Member Posts: 4

Mostly just booting up the game lately.

I used to love playing but the last handful of patches have made the fun turn into frustration and boredom.

You see the same handful of killers and the same handful of survivor perks every match.

There's no running or looping really anymore so when i play as killer i feel like it's too easy. When i play as survivor there's nothing to do but m1 from gen to gen because trying to run is a joke now.

Game has been and continues to go down hill to the point that I'm responding on the forums now instead of playing the game. Yeah yeah, go find a new game. Working on it.

I guess the other thing i hate lately (though it's definitely not new) is the community. It's a toxic barrel of waste and vitriol worse than any ive ever seen before and is the number one reason I'll never suggest this game to anyone.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336

Your first point though, that’s pretty much what solos HAVE TO to do.

• Crackgear

Holy sheet , I feel your pain . This always happens to me when I play whether streamed or not

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348
    edited May 2020

KEYS! Play as Pig twice today and two people get out because of a key.. I'm really starting to lose my patience playing killer in this game.

I have hundreds of mori's I never use but survivor want to bring in keys and map offerings every match because their boosted

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Freddy. Freddy....and Freddy. He's insanely OP and needs a nerf or ten.

• Crackgear

He's perfectly fine lol , he is pretty balanced like Huntress.

You just need to know predict where he would lay his anti loop traps and pallets.

• Crackgear

Yeah , I find the need that Keys and Moro's should get a rework .

Like keys should have a limited amount of survivors jumping into depending on the key colour .

And Moris at second hook instead of first.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

keys

the amount of times i've had a 3k-4k taken from me because the survivors stopped doing gens and looked for hatch then escaped are too many.

• ayaya
    ayaya Member Posts: 163

I hate bots with noed. All they do is either hold W for the entire chase or mess up their blinks. I mind game a lot and that's what usually kills me because you can't really mind game a bot. I'm really sick and tired of this ranking system.

• Orionbash

"Fine" yet he has a nearly 4k average death count. Nice try, Freddy main. Freddy needs a major nerf.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Or the issue is with survivors killing themselves because he's considered boring.

• SpiritLover1133
    SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 214

Damn really? Why do you hate spirit that much?

im a Spirit main and since the deathslinger release, bugs have destroyed her power. Spirit is extremely relient on Sound survivors make so since the sound is F ed up. Shes super weak. I just hope it get fixed soon.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

The amount of Blood-points (BP) from doing gens vs. unsafe unhooks. I get so annoyed seeing people rake up a lot of BP chain-unhooking other players 2 metres away from the Killer and I get between 5-10k less points for doing a majority of the gens and opening the exit gates.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t purely focus gens and ignore all hooked players like the plague (I prefer safely timing my rescues). It simply annoys me that a player actively killing their team-mates is rewarded more BP than some-one focusing on the objective and creating an opportunity for the team to escape.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Describe "high".

Just red ranks? The top rank? Red & purple? Anything above 10?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

bt,ds, keys from chest, noed, trappers traps at generators, face camping

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

There's not much that I necessarily hate encountering.

I participate in tournaments, so I don't mind when a killer has that ultra-sweat mindset, but average solo queue players who have never played together are generally not going to be able to handle that.

As a killer, same thing, but reversed. I'd rather know ahead of time if I'm doing a tourny scrimmage so I don't go in with Trapper or whatnot.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

As survivor: Potato teammate farms, playing against a camper/tunneler, doctor killers.

As killer: good SWF team, bugs, playing as nurse, infinite loops that still exist, totem spots that are trash, ya know, things like that

• Pipe
    Pipe Member Posts: 16

Spirit , Legion players and bad survivors. idc bout perks

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

Survivors who use a program to tell who the killer is and what killer they are playing before the match starts. I swap to the killer I am actually playing at 6 seconds because of this.

• Orionbash

That's a cop out. It has nothing to do with boredom. He's OP and the stats show it.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited May 2020

As Killer:

Salty survivor hypocrisy. Apparently they think it's fine when they bring in fully stacked meta perk builds, and items with very rare-ultra rare add-ons (while playing SWF with comms), but god forbid I should build in a way that doesn't hold back either in order to stand a chance against them. IMO, if the game allows it and its not an exploit, its fair game. That's No reason to harangue me with vicious text in the post game chat just because I decided to bring in Iridescent hatchets after spotting 2 keys, a flashlight, and a toolbox while all 4 survivors names thematically matched in the lobby.

As Survivor:

Troll teammates. I waited for 5+ mins to get in a match and have fun with others, but these ass hats have it out for everyone and usually make it apparent by talking ######### in the lobby. I see that, I'm dodging, nuff said.

Whining killers. You lost the match fair and square, learn from it and get better, no need to be hostile in the post game chat about it.

As both:

DC'ers! This is a MULTIPLAYER GAME, that doesn't entitle you to win. If you can't handle that, go play a single player game that does. Stop ruining it for everyone else.

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I don't know man, literally the one thing people have been parraoting about him is that he is "Boring". And not OP.