Using mouse and keyboard on console..

Will it be considered cheating?
Just curiosity (i don't even know if it is possible to do :P)

Comments

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    It’s possible. Takes a few components and remapping of key binds, but can be done. It’s a grey area in my opinion. I personally don’t see the point unless you want better control as Killer. Survivor is easier to control with a controller, Killer is harder with controller. 

Though there are practical uses for it, such as those with disabilities that leave them unable to grip a controller easily. Severe arthritis and such.
  • You're still going to suffer in all that corn

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    It’s possible. Takes a few components and remapping of key binds, but can be done. It’s a grey area in my opinion. I personally don’t see the point unless you want better control as Killer. Survivor is easier to control with a controller, Killer is harder with controller. 

Though there are practical uses for it, such as those with disabilities that leave them unable to grip a controller easily. Severe arthritis and such.
    Nurse would be bambilion times better with mouse tho. The amount of times I missed a hit for no reason is starting to annoy me.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    popoles said:

Nurse would be bambilion times better with mouse tho. The amount of times I missed a hit for no reason is starting to annoy me.
    #feelsrobbedman. It’s like someone just stole your lollipop right out of your mouth. 
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

It's not considered cheating technically. But a lot of companies are removing support for keyboard/mouse on console because it gives an unfair advantage over people not using it in most games.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Elegant said:
    It's not considered cheating technically. But a lot of companies are removing support for keyboard/mouse on console because it gives an unfair advantage over people not using it in most games.

Actually XBOX is partnering up with razor to provide natural mouse support on consoles, but maybe that was fake news, dont know :wink:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Kalec84 said:

Basically it is as much cheating as SWF is. Both is accepted

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

Unreal by default provides controls for both.
    Since they removed it, I consider they do not want you to do it
    Also, simply plugging them in won't work

Except nurse and huntress, you don't need it, and with both it's completely possible to do just like with keyboard/mouse. Except if you screw up, which is easier but only on you

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    If consoles were supposed to use a keyboard and mouse they would come with it. As is you need an adapter, though I believe Sony came out with a compact k+m that is compatible without one a while back.

I think it shouldn't be a viable option in the first place because if you're gonna use a k+m on a console, why not just buy a PC? People argued over this a lot back when Overwatch first came out. People do it for games like Overwatch and R6 Siege on consoles because they want a considerable advantage over everyone else, knowing that a majority are using a controller as is intended with the console and that they can't compete with PC players.

It doesn't affect DBD as much as it does other games because aside from Huntress and Nurse it's not really that hard to aim your attacks. Though consoles suffer far worse issues than aiming with stick, like not being consistently even 30fps. Wouldn't be surprised if the game struggled to reach 20fps. K+m on console is still cheating though. All the devs I've seen talk about it, agree too.
  • Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

@shadowsfall42 said:
    If consoles were supposed to use a keyboard and mouse they would come with it. As is you need an adapter, though I believe Sony came out with a compact k+m that is compatible without one a while back.

I think it shouldn't be a viable option in the first place because if you're gonna use a k+m on a console, why not just buy a PC? People argued over this a lot back when Overwatch first came out. People do it for games like Overwatch and R6 Siege on consoles because they want a considerable advantage over everyone else, knowing that a majority are using a controller as is intended with the console and that they can't compete with PC players.

It doesn't affect DBD as much as it does other games because aside from Huntress and Nurse it's not really that hard to aim your attacks. Though consoles suffer far worse issues than aiming with stick, like not being consistently even 30fps. Wouldn't be surprised if the game struggled to reach 20fps. K+m on console is still cheating though. All the devs I've seen talk about it, agree too.

I'm pc user, was just thinkin about it :)

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@Kalec84 said:

@shadowsfall42 said:

I'm pc user, was just thinkin about it :)

If you are a PC user you should just play on PC. Better FPS, Better Controls, Better Experience. I am not digging at the console players, but this game was built for PC. Why would you go to console?

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Na it's not cheating in the terms you can get in trouble for it. If other players find out you are using an adapter, they'll clown you for it though or may not even want to play with you.

I've gamed on PC my entire life. Counter-Strike was my first FPS. When Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) was out, the PC community began to die out and was full of hackers. So finding good games was frustrating. I bought myself an adapter so I could play with the console community where there weren't hackers and they were plenty of lobbies. My K/D stayed right around the same as it was on PC. People saying it makes you a God on console are flat out lying or they have no idea what they are talking about.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Kalec84 said:

You might have better success with Nurse and Huntress using a mouse but aside from them I don't believe you will notice a difference. The FPS will still hinder you the same as anyone using a controller.

As this game has no true competitive setting I'm not sure it would classify as "cheating". This is simply my opinion as I fail to see where the huge advantage would come from by using a mouse and keyboard.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Xbox is set to get native m/kb support by the end of the year, and there are devices that you can use to play with m/kb on consoles. So no it's not cheating.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

If they want this game to be enjoyable on console, I think they should just add keyboard support.

You're never going to be able to enjoy killer to the fullest with a controller.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

So survivors can do the mechanical version of 360’s and nurse becomes god.... it’s not THAT different...